• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

Edy Tavares getting cut would be a mistake.

Not letting the draft rookies (especially Prince) even get a CHANCE rotational wise is a mistake. Gotta soften up on this. It's not MLB, in the NFL (outside QB, but sometimes even with QB) and NBA you can play immediately.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not letting the draft rookies (especially Prince) even get a CHANCE rotational wise is a mistake. Gotta soften up on this. It's not MLB, in the NFL (outside QB, but sometimes even with QB) and NBA you can play immediately.

We have too many wings to expand the rotation for Prince!

Just now, Lurker said:

Are you gonna cry about this all season instead of just enjoying the games? Especially with the defensive display they put on tonight.

Yes, I want to see our rookies play, I want to win more. Whoever gives us the best chance to win, that's who plays.

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Edy getting cut would be a major mistake. He is getting significantly better each year. Can't cut that. Honestly, this squad has no legit cuts. Even Ryan Kelly could make the squad. That's how loaded the squad. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

When the competition is Hardaway Jr, YES, I'm going to whine. Hardaway Jr is not going to move the needle at ALL.

Then you'll be miserable all season. If he plays the way he has the past 2 games particularly defensively I have no complaints.

You worry about moving the needle, I'll focus on wins.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Edy getting cut would be a major mistake. He is getting significantly better each year. Can't cut that. Honestly, this squad has no legit cuts. Even Ryan Kelly could make the squad. That's how loaded the squad. 

Bob said NBA scouts at the game said we have a deep team.

• Moderators

I think Bud made a deliberate effort to get THJr going by letting him throw up an absolute boatload of shots while he was on the court.  Very happy to see him make them tonight but he needs to get comfortable not chucking at this rate.  We need him to be able to have consistent 3-6 type nights.  The regular season shouldn't bring too many night when he is shooting  15 times or shooting almost a shot per minute.  Smart move by Bud to feed him until he got unstuck.  Now let's transition that confidence to a normal role.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then you'll be miserable all season. If he plays the way he has the past 2 games particularly defensively I have no complaints.

If he shoots 6-15, 1-5 3pt I will be pissed.  If he shoots 7-10, 2-4 3pt I'll be thrilled.  We need more .500 shooting nights than 40%/20% - 70%/50% swings.

• Like 1

Our defense is ready.

Offense needs fine tuning.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Bud made a deliberate effort to get THJr going by letting him throw up an absolute boatload of shots while he was on the court.  Very happy to see him make them tonight but he needs to get comfortable not chucking at this rate.  We need him to be able to have consistent 3-6 type nights.  The regular season shouldn't bring too many night when he is shooting  15 times or shooting almost a shot per minute.  Smart move by Bud to feed him until he got unstuck.  Now let's transition that confidence to a normal role.

Bud did say he wasn't worried about his shooting when he was 3/30.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

If he shoots 6-15, 1-5 3pt I will be pissed.  If he shoots 7-10, 2-4 3pt I'll be thrilled.  We need more .500 shooting nights than 40%/20% - 70%/50% swings.

Agreed. I don't think he'll get 15 shot attempts in reg. season.

This defense's potential this season is SCARY. Dwight's defensive awareness is top notch. 3 blocks and 4 steals tonight.

Delaney is not the passer Jack is from what i've seen thus far, but hopefully he improves.

Dennis and Sap look like All-Stars

Glad to see Timmy on fire tonight. This was his show and prove game and he showed us what he has to offer.

Not sure who we should cut this week; Gonna be a tough call for Bud. I would prefer a trade IMO

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bud did say he wasn't worried about his shooting when he was 3/30.

What is he supposed to say?  He invested the #15 overall pick in THJr plus a couple seconds.  He needs to make it work.  With a kid who seems to have confidence issues like THJr (he soars when he is hot, he can't draw iron when he is cold) he needs to get his frame of mind right.  Nothing to do but say you aren't worried and do whatever is necessary to restore his confidence before the games start.  

Bud kept feeding him these last two games and hopefully he'll come into the season on fire.  Having March / April THJr is a real asset to the team.   Nobody wants November, December, January, February, playoffs THJr.  Consistency is the goal.  We need his perimeter shooting to help space the floor around Dwight because we know we aren't getting it from Bembry this season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

This defense's potential this season is SCARY. Dwight's defensive awareness is top notch. 3 blocks and 4 steals tonight.

When these boys turned up the defense in the 3rd quarter, It did look scary.  Dwight is a better help defender than Millsap!

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

When these boys turned up the defense in the 3rd quarter, It did look scary.  Dwight is a better help defender than Millsap!

It is really exciting.  Dwight, Thabo and Sap can both be bigtime impact defenders and Dennis, Baze, Bembry and Prince all show the tools for being plus defenders.  That is enough to cover every position on the roster and has the size and athleticism to match up with about any team in the league.  Some of those guys have a lot of growing to do, but I can't wait to see this team put the lock on this year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

What is he supposed to say?  He invested the #15 overall pick in THJr plus a couple seconds.  He needs to make it work.  With a kid who seems to have confidence issues like THJr (he soars when he is hot, he can't draw iron when he is cold) he needs to get his frame of mind right.  Nothing to do but say you aren't worried and do whatever is necessary to restore his confidence before the games start.  

Bud kept feeding him these last two games and hopefully he'll come into the season on fire.  Having March / April THJr is a real asset to the team.   Nobody wants November, December, January, February, playoffs THJr.  Consistency is the goal.  We need his perimeter shooting to help space the floor around Dwight because we know we aren't getting it from Bembry this season.

I agree that the previous game Bud fed him, this game at least in the 1st half he got his shots within the offensive flow. Think he was 5 for 5.  Just hot. He needs to be efficient with the shots he gets.

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dwight had 3 fouls at the half. None in his limited minutes in 3rd quarter.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree for sure the rookies, at least Prince should be part of the rotation. But I'm also loving whoever gives us the best chance to win, but honestly Prince could be the best chance. We are mad deep, and defensively deep, which is awesome. I'm very happy about our team going into the season. 

But you gals still wanna fight over it go ahead....yea yea yea catfight-Kramer

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree that the previous game Bud fed him, this game at least in the 1st half he got his shots within the offensive flow. Think he was 5 for 5.  Just hot. He needs to be efficient with the shots he gets.

Agreed.  Efficiency is his key for this season.  Tonight he shot more than 21 shots per 36.  Just saying that isn't sustainable for a guy whose career fg% is 41%.  It is roughly double his career average.  

Most important is that he finally had a plus game.  Good note to go into the regular season on.