• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

• Moderators
1 hour ago, High5 said:

Obviously the plan would include him becoming more consistent. I'm just saying there's more to Bud giving him the green light than trying to shoot him out of a slump so he can settle into a role where he takes 5 or 6 shots a night. He wants THJ to be our scoring punch off of the bench. And there are shots to be had with the departure of Teague.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love to see consistent and efficient THJr.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ATLSmith said:

I couldn't find it.  Just checked the box scores and this a game I would have loved to watch.  Hawks are tearing it up.

ESPN game review:

"Hawks can't come within 16 points of Bulls in disappointing last game of the preseason."

(Not technically accurate - or might be. Didn't bother checking.)

Pre-Season is finally over and I'm most happy there were no major injuries (except Bud :biggrin:).  

All in all, I'm please with what I see incorporating Dwight and Dennis into the starting rotation. Rebounding is waaaaay up of course and the defense looks great.  Offense still need kinks worked out with spacing and especially turnovers.  Our assists are up which means the ball is moving and not just dumping into Dwight and slowing up the offense. (That was one of my concerns with adding Dwight).

If the last's nights game is any indication backups are as follows: Delaney, THjr, Thabo, Muscala and Humphries.

GO HAWKS!!!

• Moderators
9 hours ago, AHF said:

ESPN game review:

"Hawks can't come within 16 points of Bulls in disappointing last game of the preseason."

No summary that I can find (ESPN wasn't going up to the Cornhusker State anyway), but the video lead reads:

"Despite Wade's performance, Bulls fall in preseason finale."

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400897299

They couldn't even find time to squeeze the word "Hawks" in there. The 40-second video on SportsCenter involved three Wade plays, and that's it. No bothering to note that he went 3-for-14 from the field, or that Chicago was 4-for-22 from 3-point land. No mention of the final score, no "Despite that Hawks win by 16." No bothering to even mention why these teams are playing at Creighton. It was as if all the fine people of Omaha came out to see Dwyane Wade.

~lw3

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AHF said:

ESPN game review:

Man.  ESPN got it completely backwards.  The Hawks won by 16.  You know there is some bias when the reporting is just the opposite of what actually happened.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Man.  ESPN got it completely backwards.  The Hawks won by 16.  You know there is some bias when the reporting is just the opposite of what actually happened.

I didn't bother reading the ESPN review. Just was spitballing what I thought it might look like.  Basically, a headline saying we couldn't get closer than 16 not mentioning we won by that margin.  Apparently the real headline didn't even mention the winning team based on what lw3 posted.

27 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

No summary that I can find (ESPN wasn't going up to the Cornhusker State anyway), but the video lead reads:

"Despite Wade's performance, Bulls fall in preseason finale."

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400897299

They couldn't even find time to squeeze the word "Hawks" in there. The 40-second video on SportsCenter involved three Wade plays, and that's it. No bothering to note that he went 3-for-14 from the field, or that Chicago was 4-for-22 from 3-point land. No mention of the final score, no "Despite that Hawks win by 16." No bothering to even mention why these teams are playing at Creighton. It was as if all the fine people of Omaha came out to see Dwyane Wade.

~lw3

Wade shot 21.4%!  Perhaps they meant to say, "because" rather than "despite."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pre-Season is finally over and I'm most happy there were no major injuries (except Bud :biggrin:).  

All in all, I'm please with what I see incorporating Dwight and Dennis into the starting rotation. Rebounding is waaaaay up of course and the defense looks great.  Offense still need kinks worked out with spacing and especially turnovers.  Our assists are up which means the ball is moving and not just dumping into Dwight and slowing up the offense. (That was one of my concerns with adding Dwight).

If the last's nights game is any indication backups are as follows: Delaney, THjr, Thabo, Muscala and Humphries.

GO HAWKS!!!

What happens when Splitintwo comes back?

Edited by Watchman

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

What happens when Splitintwo comes back?

Traaaaaade, lol.

We don't have to make any roster moves since the 15 includes him (at the moment). 

Scott maybe the odd man out since both Moose and Hump can play PF and C.

• Moderators

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/chatelain-kyle-korver-makes-more-memories-in-return-to-omaha/article_dc32ef0f-0d33-5348-bd42-3ea24ef375f8.html

The man who was Doug McDermott before Doug McDermott exited the Atlanta Hawks locker room wearing a Creighton sweatsuit, dark blue and brand new.

He was fresh out of the shower, feeling a little younger than 35 years old. He walked through the tunnel and into the arena, where he’d just scored 16 points in a place where until Thursday he’d never taken a jump shot. His fans were waiting for him.

“Kyle! Kyle! Kyle!”

“You guys are getting so big. Where’s the rest of your big brothers and sisters?”

“They stayed home.”

“Can I have something signed from you?”

“Sure. What would you like?”

A 10-year-old he’d never met handed Kyle Korver an old No. 25 jersey. He scribbled his name on a white number and moved onto the next kid, who also wasn’t alive the last time Korver played in Omaha.

For McDermott, Thursday was like bringing your new friends home for Thanksgiving. You walk in Mom and Dad’s front door, dump your bags and crash on the couch — “It felt like a college game honestly,” Doug said.

For Korver, homecoming was something different entirely. An opportunity to experience the Creighton he never knew. “There’s a lot more faces here than when I was here,” he said.

Ten hours before tipoff, his Hawks teammates pointed out the baseball stadium. The massive arena and convention center.

“They’re like, ‘Man, the facilities are amazing,’” Korver said. “I was like, this was not here when I was here. None of this was here!”

When Korver arrived at CU in the fall of 1999 — last century! — Omaha was the last thing from a college basketball town. His junior year, when he won Missouri Valley Player of the Year, Creighton’s average attendance in 2001-02 was 6,613...

Four months [into Korver's senior season], Creighton had won a school-record 29 games and Korver was an Omaha celebrity, equal parts style (knee-high socks and blond mop) and substance (the small-town Iowa boy was d*ck Vitale’s midseason player of the year)...

Korver’s last college game in Omaha was senior night, a blowout of Wichita State in front of a sellout crowd, 9,244. That was also the last game at the Civic Auditorium. The CenturyLink Center was already under construction. At the time, a lot of Omahans worried about empty seats at the new palace. Sounds silly now.

“I’m not sure we’d be in this building if it weren’t for him and the teams he played on,” [coach] Greg McDermott said. “Four straight NCAA tournament appearances. I think they really put Creighton on the map for good.”

The rest of the article is definitely worth the read. Baby #3 for the Korvers is expected to arrive a couple weeks from now. They're gonna run out of K names if this keeps up!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/chatelain-kyle-korver-makes-more-memories-in-return-to-omaha/article_dc32ef0f-0d33-5348-bd42-3ea24ef375f8.html

The rest of the article is definitely worth the read. Baby #3 for the Korvers is expected to arrive a couple weeks from now. They're gonna run out of K names if this keeps up!

~lw3

Maybe name the next arena the Kyle Korver Koliseum?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

gotta get some more K's in there, since the abbreviation's already kinda trademarked! lol

The Krispy Kreme Kyle Korver Koliseum! "The 5K!"

~lw3 

Just got to watch the initials when you're naming things with Ks

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It was intended to be tongue-in-cheek.  Not implying Kyle is the next Clayton Bigsby or anything.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

All 3 of my kids' names start with "K".  Them hooded cowards can kkkiss our collective arses.