• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

#Showcase at the end there.

If something called Tony Snell netted a former R.O.Y., surely we can get something with a pulse for Junior.

The price tag on them Philly bigs has to be dropping like a rock.

Millsap with 19pts/9rbs/7ast in 19 minutes - welcome back.

THjr with 19 points (6/15 ) 4 assists. He played point and looked ok had some nice passes that cud have added to his assist total if shit was made.

Thabo is having a helluva oreseason.

Love our rookies.

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

THjr with 19 points (6/15 ) 4 assists. He played point and looked ok had some nice passes that cud have added to his assist total if shit was made.

Love our rookies.

Yes!! Also, have you noticed his improved 3's? Bud can really teach anyone to shoot. Also, props to Thabo for putting in the work!

Best rookies since 05 with Smoove and Child in my opinion but waaaaay better than them lol.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Love our rookies.

Interesting. I'd thought last year he might get a chance to assume a big PG role, but when that didn't materialize, forgot the whole notion. When you say "he looked okay," is that to say "he could make-do if we're ever in a bind," or to say, "there actually seems to be something there to work with"... ? I see he had no turnovers.

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, sturt said:

Interesting. I'd thought last year he might get a chance to assume a big PG role, but when that didn't materialize, forgot the whole notion. When you say "he looked okay," is that to say "he could make-do if we're ever in a bind," or to say, "there actually seems to be something there to work with"... ? I see he had no turnovers.

He still looks to shoot too much even for a 2 guard for my taste.  Can't see him in the rotation yet.

• Premium Member

To be clear, I'm saying "I can't see him on the roster   yet." With Splitter out, and with some good, some bad reviews for Delaney as PG, barring some trade that flips the context, it's becoming difficult to imagine he's not the odd-man-out. Have to think he logged PG minutes b/c 3rd PG is the last remaining role he could conceivably fill and see someone else (Jack) as that odd-man instead.

Between watching taped replay of the Falcon's game and church, which is why I had to tape the game,

I completely missed and forgot about the Hawks game VS the Magic.

From what was said here and watching the hi lights available on NBA web site, our lottery bound Hawk team

forgot to lose this one.  Great to have Paul on the floor and THjr apparently finally came out of hibernation!

Noticed in the box score that Walter didn't score a lot but he did have some blocks.  Good.

When is the next game?  I'll try to remember.

Brembry and Prince.  We may just decide to keep these two. 

• Like 1

Millsap looks like he cant wait. Howard being here might be great for him too. At times Sap whas asked to do to much on offense, ending up on way to many plays banging in to people, wearing him out early in the season. This team can implode but also explode. Seeing Dennis, seeing Sap, seeing Dwight, seeing the rookies, the latter seems more likely.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Ready to see our actual starting lineup play together.   Seems like we have 3 guys who could start at SF.   Might be time to move Baze to the 2, let Thabo start at 3 and warm it up for Prince to be full time starter next year.   Of course, i'm still hoping this will be Korver Resurgent 2016 with Sap and Dwight killing it in the paint.   

As for Hardaway.  He looks good when he looks good.   He just can't shoot at the volume he has been in pre-season.   Also, Scott looking a little rough so far?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Ready to see our actual starting lineup play together.   Seems like we have 3 guys who could start at SF.   Might be time to move Baze to the 2, let Thabo start at 3 and warm it up for Prince to be full time starter next year.   Of course, i'm still hoping this will be Korver Resurgent 2016 with Sap and Dwight killing it in the paint.   

As for Hardaway.  He looks good when he looks good.   He just can't shoot at the volume he has been in pre-season.   Also, Scott looking a little rough so far?

Yes.

14 hours ago, sturt said:

@sturt I can't give specifics without re-watching (and I'm definitely not doing that :biggrin:), but he was able to bring the ball up with pressure, penetrate and find open guys on the wings or in the lane, drive easily in the paint and make a play at the rim (he missed 2 really easy ones (I think).  He was serviceable, considering he was playing against most of Orlando's starters.