• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hit The Road Jack

HawkItus

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Last year, not so much. The year before, when Bud was experimenting so much with having both in the game at the same time, Mack was getting more consistent minutes.

That won't happen anymore, as the 2-starter PG roster couldn't and didn't last. More traditional minutes for our PG, more traditional role for C.

• Like 1

I think some of you are thinking about Jack as what he once was rather than what he currently is.  He wasn't very good last year and he is coming off an injury most guys take 2 years to fully recover from.  Add in his age and one has to wonder why they signed him in the first place. I know someone will bring up his points and his assist from last year but look at his shooting percentages, they were awful.  And his defense is not as solid as it once was. I thought there were some better options out there for the 3rd pg role.

Delaney looks more like a sg than a pg to me but that's for another topic, that I will chime in on

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For 1 season  (last year) we  had that.  Like I posted before Shelvin and Dennis  were once Teague's backups.  

I think we've gotten better at other positions to offset the  strength we had at PG.

I think we had it to some degree the last two years. Teague was the obvious starter but Dennis could have started for many teams. I agree with our improvement in other positions--I just think we will miss having a quality PG on the court most of the game. 

• Premium Member

Folks are reaching conclusion on Delaney before he's even played his first real game. Slow down. First impressions are just that. Give the man at least a week or two to settle in, if not a month or two.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

Folks are reaching conclusion on Delaney before he's even played his first real game. Slow down. First impressions are just that. Give the man at least a week or two to settle in, if not a month or two.

For sure. I think we will like him a lot. He thinks out there.

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Nah, it's just me.  Delaney is a chucker.  It's in his DNA.

I hope I'm wrong for the first time ever.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

To be fair, I'm going to be Black Trump for Halloween so ...

Why paint your face. Just be your natural white trump.

ps we still know ur white and live in the cul de sac. You're not fooling anyone sun.

Makes me wonder if some of his Twitter nessages weren't a bit too out there for the Hawks. This sucks as I've been wanting him to play for the Hawks for years and though I had little expectation for him I did expect he'd provide some veteran leadership to the young PGs. Based on things he's Tweeted I'm guessing he's not quite the leader that the Hawks thought they were getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 10/22/2016 at 3:17 PM, Dolfan23 said:

Makes me wonder if some of his Twitter nessages weren't a bit too out there for the Hawks. This sucks as I've been wanting him to play for the Hawks for years and though I had little expectation for him I did expect he'd provide some veteran leadership to the young PGs. Based on things he's Tweeted I'm guessing he's not quite the leader that the Hawks thought they were getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, this is pretty good for a first post.   Welcome to the squawk.

I'll admit to not really seeing Jack play last year but his numbers certainly don't support the idea that he was't effective.  In fact for 32 games i think his numbers were pretty comparable to Dennis'

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, sillent said:

& most importantly he can ball!! He is going to be reminiscent at times of Jamal Crawford but with more defense.

Now there's an awesome player. Craw with defense. I'll take it!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Alas, it may have just happened... the era of infallibility seems to have passed, as I believe the last one of us may have gotten something wrong. :)

"...As more trends and numbers develop with each game, the Hawks have shown to be a much better team with Delaney on the court. While the sample size is still relatively small, the on/off splits are telling of his success. With Delaney off the court, Atlanta’s offensive rating is 104.7 and its defensive rating is 105.6. Opponents are scoring .9 more points per 100 possessions than the Hawks when he isn’t on the floor. With Delaney on the court, Atlanta’s ORtg jumps up to 114.9, and its DRtg falls to 88.7. Atlanta is 26.2 points per 100 possessions better than its opponent when he is playing, making Delaney’s on/off net rating plus-27.1..."

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/11/14/13620998/malcolm-delaney-erased-doubt-atlanta-hawks-point-guard

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

tumblr_mcivjtRNwq1r1mtsdo1_400.gif

I hate you both.  I don't care what the nimbers say, Delaney sucks (less) and you both suck for trying to make me believe otherwise.