• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hit The Road Jack

HawkItus

15 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Dang....didn't see that coming but it makes sense.  Everybody else is contributing so he's the odd man out.

Maybe it's just me, but I have not been impressed with Delaney or Bynum.  I hope this does not end up being a big mistake.  As someone else said, when he gets healthy, there will be a bidding war for him, and we will probably not be on the favorites list.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol true. I like to keepem guessing too. Right now I think the squawk is wondering if I'm more like suge Knight or Ken Jeong. 

Ps Let me go on record by saying that the Jack move was a mistake. IMO

Not sure which, but we can at least say we know one thing about you:

sm-hands.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Pardon that I keep saying this, but no one seems to take it into account... the decision almost certainly would have been different had we not had two forks in the road just up ahead of us. One is Splitter's expected return at some point in November, and the other is the next stop in Scott's legal journey which was said in July to be a "fall" court date.

At that point that either Splitter gets back or Scott's situation gets resolved, then you gain a layer of certainty about your low post assets that you don't have right now.

And at that point, you have maybe 6-12 games  from which you can reasonably assess whether you need that 3rd PG or not. If you do, then you cut or trade, and maybe (in my best Donald Fagan voice)... GO BACK... JACK... DO IT AGAINNNNN (....I would have said "probably" up until Jack tweeted what he tweeted).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Unfortunately, Splitter is injured (as always), so we can't trade him for anything of value.  Maybe at the trade deadline we can dump him.

I thought you were talking about Edy, ooops.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Are we going into the season with Dennis and a guy who's never played in the nba as our only PGs?

40+ mins for Dennis means a lot of time to put up some numbers!

18+9+6 = MIP (because nobody cares about turnovers and shooting % if the 1st three stats are stunning)

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Watchman said:

I have not been impressed with Delaney or Bynum.  I hope this does not end up being a big mistake. 

Y'all weren't overly impressed with Teague either so quit your crying already!  This team's success will not be determined by the 3rd string point guard or the position in general...Our outside shooting percentage will.  That will always be the case with a Bud coached team.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all weren't overly impressed with Teague either so quit your crying already!  This team's success will not be determined by the 3rd string point guard or the position in general...Our outside shooting percentage will.  That will always be the case with a Bud coached team.

We still need something more than Delaney. Our biggest strength the last couple years was having two legitimate starting point guards. Now we don't have a legitimate backup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I was not particularly in favor of splitting up the Teague/Schröder combo.  It was nice having two good quality point guards.  You must be confusing me with someone else.

39 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

We still need something more than Delaney. Our biggest strength the last couple years was having two legitimate starting point guards. Now we don't have a legitimate backup.

For 1 season  (last year) we  had that.  Like I posted before Shelvin and Dennis  were once Teague's backups.  

I think we've gotten better at other positions to offset the  strength we had at PG.

A 2-starting-PG roster cannot be expected to last long, and it didn't. Hawks defense and aggression at PG has been improved, our C/rebounding has improved, and bench depth has improved. Delaney IS a legitimate backup PG, good grief he's only going to see 13 minutes a night. How often do you ever see a 3rd string PG in there? 

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, hazer said:

A 2-starting-PG roster cannot be expected to last long, and it didn't. Hawks defense and aggression at PG has been improved, our C/rebounding has improved, and bench depth has improved. Delaney IS a legitimate backup PG, good grief he's only going to see 13 minutes a night. How often do you ever see a 3rd string PG in there? 

Last year, not so much. The year before, when Bud was experimenting so much with having both in the game at the same time, Mack was getting more consistent minutes.

22 minutes ago, hazer said:

I've asked that very question.

Garbage time.