• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Aldridge for Millsap rumors

AtLaS

Link

Obviously just rumors but I've seen it in a few places.  Personally I would make this trade.  Aldridge really spreads out the floor, makes us a better shooting team, we get EVEN bigger and he can be a legit #1 scoring option.  

Probably get a bit worse defensively, but you have to roll the dice in order to build a contender, and Aldridge is a star.  Not to mention this creates a major matchup problem for Cleveland with Dwight and LA at the 4/5.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Not sure why the Spurs would do this for an older Millsap on an expiring deal, but the Hawks would do it in a nano second.

They are the same age and the reason they would do it is because Aldridge is he is unhappy being second fiddle ... they can get Sap who fits their culture and is a much better defender ... also Sap doesn't have to be the primary guy.   Sap would def resign there so I don't see that being a problem.   

• Like 1

Nooooo!  Aldridge only works as a 5, which he refuses to play ... ya know, since he's won so many rangs that he deserves to tell a coach where he should play.

Aldridge is as old as Millsap, is more expensive and is a sieve defensively.   Sap is the best defensive 4 in the game not named James.  It'd be far more than a slight dip on D, plus he doesn't rebound.

Plus this'll be his second time diva'ing his way off a team.

Pass, pass, pass

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nooooo!  Aldridge only works as a 5, which he refuses to play ... ya know, since he's won so many rangs that he deserves to tell a coach where he should play.

Aldridge is as old as Millsap, is more expensive and is a sieve defensively.   Sap is the best defensive 4 in the game not named James.  It'd be far more than a slight dip on D, plus he doesn't rebound.

Plus this'll be his second time diva'ing his way off a team.

Pass, pass, pass

Millsap is only cheaper this year.  Next year he will be more expensive, and that's if we can keep him.

I think him and Dwight would work very well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Millsap is only cheaper this year.  Next year he will be more expensive, and that's if we can keep him.

I think him and Dwight would work very well.

Which of them is guarding on the perimeter?  The way the league is going, all these tweener 4's are becoming major factors.  In addition to George, James, Anthony, Davis, etc., just about every team has a guy that can hurt you at that spot.

It's why MEM's frontcourt no longer works.

It's intriguing but I'll pass.

If he's unhappy in SA playing 2nd fiddle  to Dwight, he'll be unhappy  here playing 2nd fiddle  to Dwight.

Our offense is already  a work in progress, no  need to make the defense as well - Millsap is by far the better defender.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's intriguing but I'll pass.

If he's unhappy in SA playing 2nd fiddle  to Dwight, he'll be unhappy  here playing 3rd fiddle  to Dwight and Dennis.

Our offense is already  a work in progress, no  need to make the defense as well - Millsap is by far the better defender.

Fixed

We already know Bud values defense so much and likes to create offense from it and LMA hasn't offered any glimpse of that in his game before. He likes those mid and long range twos the way Al liked those threes this past year. Don't really see it happening for us. 

21 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I like Millsap quite a bit better, but if we know he's gonna leave I'd do it. Aldridge will be cheaper going forward I think, then we can play a kind of old school twin towers game.

If it comes to that I'd rather move Millsap for a young PF and/or picks.

LMA will not be happy here if he is not happy in SAS. We saw how it ended in PTL when he isn't happy.

14 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Link

Obviously just rumors but I've seen it in a few places.  Personally I would make this trade.  Aldridge really spreads out the floor, makes us a better shooting team, we get EVEN bigger and he can be a legit #1 scoring option.  

Probably get a bit worse defensively, but you have to roll the dice in order to build a contender, and Aldridge is a star.  Not to mention this creates a major matchup problem for Cleveland with Dwight and LA at the 4/5.

He spreads out the floor? Millsap is the better shooter. Aldridge is not a #1 option, he's a #3 on a legit contender.

14 hours ago, capstone21 said:

They are the same age and the reason they would do it is because Aldridge is he is unhappy being second fiddle ... they can get Sap who fits their culture and is a much better defender ... also Sap doesn't have to be the primary guy.   Sap would def resign there so I don't see that being a problem.   

Hawks would be worse. If ATL was to trade Millsap, you trade him for a younger PF.

• Like 1