• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Aldridge for Millsap rumors

AtLaS

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/3620146/nba-trade-rumors-lamarcus-aldridge-to-hawks-paul-millsap-to-spurs-with-draft-pick/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/www.hngn.com/amp/articles/213710/20161025/nba-trade-rumors-aldridge-going-hawks-millsap.htm

http://www.chattsportsnet.com/sports-today/nba/atlanta-hawks-roster-2016-paul-millsap-trade-for-lamarcus-aldridge-possible/19080/

This has to considered a total rumor at this point and I have no idea about the sites credibilty but it's interesting.   Would Aldridge be a better option for us than Sap.   I could see the Hawks worried about retaining Sap next year and Aldridge is younger and under contract longer.     The Hawks and Spurs have been trade partners in the past and definitely have a lot of front office connections

i just don't know if Aldridge can do the same things Sap does for us.   We would be a really different offensive team with a more of a two tower inside low post focus when the whole league is going the other way.

Assuming this has an credibility (I have zero confidence it does) would you  do this deal and do you think it would be a move that would improve the team and make us a stronger contender to win the East?

• Premium Member

I said it before in this thread, I'll repeat it here: this is not a good trade. LMA and D8 would not work well together. LMA would do better with a guy like a younger Tyson Chandler that can weakside help defense for blocks and be there for rebounds. LMA and D8 would be a slow footed tandem in today's stretch 4 game.

• Like 1

I like Aldridge as an offensive player.  He's straight up lethal at times.  But he's not rugged enough to play any type of style.  The Spurs aren't a top 10 defensive team anymore, and rely on offense to win games.  That will prevent them from getting deep in the playoffs, even if they continue to win 50+ games.

The Millsap - Howard frontline, on the other hand, gives us the best defensive frontline in the game.  They're #1 and #6 in Defensive rating in the league, according to basketball-reference.com.  And Thabo is #4 in Defensive rating.  When talking about battling a team with Lebron James and Kevin Love on the frontline, I'd much rather have the guys on the team now, than trying to upgrade the offense with LA.

The Golden State game is going to be a good barometer to see if we can play any style of basketball.  If we can't slow down Golden State, can we keep pace with them offensively?  I think we can slow them down though.  Zaza will be up to the challenge to try to slow down Howard, and may even get a few flops in to draw fouls.  If the starters can keep the game close, our bench may be the difference in the Golden State game.

If Baze and Dennis can start playing consistent basketball, this team may reel off a bunch of wins in a row.  They don't even have to be great, just don't suck.

On 11/21/2016 at 9:01 AM, Sothron said:

I said it before in this thread, I'll repeat it here: this is not a good trade. LMA and D8 would not work well together. LMA would do better with a guy like a younger Tyson Chandler that can weakside help defense for blocks and be there for rebounds. LMA and D8 would be a slow footed tandem in today's stretch 4 game.

LA would be GREAT along a Hassan Whiteside.

• Like 1