• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The ex-Hawk All-Stars Thread

Gray Mule

34 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Concussion? Did he beat his head on his desk while sitting in front of his computer and looking at Dwight's rebound numbers?

Aint nothing wrong with him. He's just trying to avoid another @ss whooping from Tristan Thompson. 

• Like 1

But, But, their superior fans in Boston.  If you want their love, you gotta do better than this.

Remember, that's why you left.  Atlanta's fans didn't love and respect you enough.

As for Jeff T. - He will be all right, bad ankles and all.  I wish for him the best (Except when

he's playing the Hawks) as I do any ex Hawk who leaves here and acts nice about it.

I suppose one out of two isn't bad!

Tonight, we get to watch our replacement players, Dennis and Dwight, as the Lakers come to town.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2016 at 4:07 PM, Gray Mule said:

I suppose one out of two isn't bad!

You have a way with words Gray. Might even call that poetry. So when do you think Al will actually face Tristan the glass eater. Seems Al has a case of the Scottie Pippen migranes. Oh yeah, a concussion from practice. 

46 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You have a way with words Gray. Might even call that poetry. So when do you think Al will actually face Tristan the glass eater. Seems Al has a case of the Scottie Pippen migranes. Oh yeah, a concussion from practice. 

Has anyone seen Alice since the practice "accident"?  Did he have a steak over one eye?

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Has anyone seen Alice since the practice "accident"?  Did he have a steak over one eye?

More like in his belly. Seconds please, its ok I'm not playing tonight.

On 11/7/2016 at 9:48 AM, Thomas said:

Another Zeller sighting as a starter last night for the Green. Guess we know who was absent then.  action after missing the last six games with a concussion.

He was out again last night. It's been 2 weeks and 7 missed games for Al , and Celtics fans are getting frustrated.
But , Anna Horford is there to calm everybody down. :dry:

Better for Al to be out now & come back when he's 100% than come back too early & make things worse.Head injuries shouldn't be taken lightly

Celtics fans chatter:
" The fact she had to tweet that already shows you how concerned people are. He can't expect to get paid as much as he does, then miss 7 out of your first 10 games and not expect to hear chatter about it. "

" The biggest free agent signing in years is turning out to be a bust thus far. He can't even get on the court. :no: "

" Horford needs to play so fans can be assured he's still alive and Danny isn't playing Weekend at Bernie's with him. "

" One day as a whole sports fans will come to terms with how serious concussions really are. Can't wait for Al to be back on the court but by all means take all the time you need to get right. "

Edited by pimp

Al Horford 'just not there yet' in concussion recovery, remains day-to-day

Stephen Hewitt Tuesday, November 15, 2016
102416celticsce010.jpg?itok=3zHzSRB3

Credit: Christopher Evans

Al Horford

WALTHAM — Al Horford is continuing to take a day-by-day approach and there doesn't seem to be an imminent date for his return just yet.

The Celtics forward has now missed the last seven games after suffering a concussion in practice a few weeks ago. It would seem he's close to returning to game action, and while it seems unlikely he would return tomorrow when the C's host the Dallas Mavericks, he didn't completely rule it out.

"I don’t want to get my hopes up," Horford said after Tuesday's practice. "I don’t want to lead on, but we’ll see. I’m literally taking this day by day and we’ll see when I’m cleared to go."

Horford participated in the Celtics' shootaround Monday morning in New Orleans, but when it was determined he wouldn't play in the team's eventual loss to the Pelicans, he took a flight home to Boston to get ready for practice today. Coach Brad Stevens said the team "didn't do much" since it got home late last night, so Horford was able to do everything during the team's light workout.

Horford said he still has some things to work out before he's ready to go, but when asked what that entailed, said he was "not at liberty to discuss a lot of those things yet."

"On the court, the times I’ve been on, I’ve felt good with my workouts," Horford said. "It’s just, to play, I’m just not there yet.

"I’m a competitor," he continued. "I want to be out helping my team and us growing together, but the last thing I want to do is to have a setback for a longer period of time, so we’re trying to be as smart as we can about this and I just want to make sure that when I’m ready to go, I’m good to go."

Um, do you guys not see what is happening here!?!

Al is a Hawk FOR LIFE! 

He's stealth-tanking the Celts for us! We don't even have to pay him AND he's eating up TONS of their cap!!!

Al is a subversive ninja Hawk, bent on killing the C's from within.

This "concussion" is a front. Next it will be a splinter in his pinky on his non-shooting hand, and then it will be a reeeally really bad case of the squirts. Then he'll be out for a sore pu.... Well, "female reasons" and accompanying monthly migraines and cramps.

Say what you want, but Bud and Al planned this sh!t front the jump. Don't talk smack about Al, he's helping take down the biggest Hawks rival team. He should be given a medal.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I hate to admit this but Al missing time until he is back to baseline is 100% the right thing to do.  I do a lot of work with concussions and sometimes it can take months to get back to normal.  Thankfully about 90% of the time players can get back in three weeks or less but having another concussion while still not recovered can lead to some long term and serious consequences.

I feel dirty now for defending him, I think I need a shower...

:blush:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I hate to admit this but Al missing time until he is back to baseline is 100% the right thing to do.  I do a lot of work with concussions and sometimes it can take months to get back to normal.  Thankfully about 90% of the time players can get back in three weeks or less but having another concussion while still not recovered can lead to some long term and serious consequences.

LOL,...no need to feel dirty.  The brain is a mystery.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Look everybody!  Jdawg loves Horford.  Jdawg's a Horford lover.  hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

I still like Al as a person and it sucks this happened.   And, as i keep saying,  I want the Celtics to show everyone they suck WITH horford.

• Like 4