• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Talk about Hawks University, where the hell did this version of Thabo come from?

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

#ContractThabo is a good Thabo.

Everybody is seeing all the money getting tossed around to free agents these days.

He's always good at his role but now he's doing shit he never did in OKC or Chicago. It's like him and Kyle found the fountain of youth. 

• Like 4

His play for us at less than four million with all the crazy contracts for guys in the league with that so called potential is truly a steal. Glad he is still here, healthy and unabused by outside forces this year. 

3 minutes ago, pimp said:

I'm not sure if it's Hawks  University or not, but if it is , then I recommend  that Bazemore goes back school,  and gets Thabo to tutor him.

White_Wallpaper_10_2.jpg

While I do see improvement with Bazemore in some areas, this was hilarious 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Driving coast to coast drawing fouls, 

Attacking the basket with a decent handle

Looking like an all star on defense

Having elite impact for his minutes. 

This version of Thabo is really really good. Where and what did you do with Thabo, Hawks University? 

He's been doing this all pre-season as well. 

I assume Prince probably pushes him in practice. For the past couple of seasons in ATL, just seemed like he had the backup SF spot on lock. Now, you got a young hungry guy in Prince who probably wants his spot.

Plus he's probably fully healthy from his injury 2 years ago. I notice it usually takes a year to bounce back from serious injuries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

#ContractThabo is a good Thabo.

Everybody is seeing all the money getting tossed around to free agents these days.

He's definitely a goner after this season. I could definitely see him going after that last big pay day. I'm sure a team like Brooklyn and Philly could give him 10+ mil easily. 

3 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

He's definitely a goner after this season. I could definitely see him going after that last big pay day. I'm sure a team like Brooklyn and Philly could give him 10+ mil easily. 

Its getting to the point to where every player is getting 8 figure deals. I understand that's the market but its ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

jglwyobhrivdzr30coem.jpg

After suffering injury by New York's finest in blue, Thabo feared that his career could have been over... but after a meeting with Coach Bud  & his Emory Minions:

nba.jpg

Coach Bud:"I have spoken with Thabo and will feel optimistic. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. He is the Four Million Dollar Man."

Thabo has came back a rejuvenated, superhero-like player.

He is the Four Million Dollar Man.

gj1.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Its getting to the point to where every player is getting 8 figure deals. I understand that's the market but its ridiculous.

Yeah it's crazy. I'm hoping Prince is soaking everything he can from Thabo. Personally I'd love to see Prince start next season since he's an older rookie and would give ATL size at SF but it wouldn't me if they move on from Thabo so Prince can get more minutes at backup SF.

49 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Not when the NBA is making money hand over fist.   Salary cap is projected to be 108 million next season.

The issue is the MAX on player salaries.   A guy like Lebron should arguably be making 50 million, or whatever a team is willing to pay him.  But because the top level guys have a max level that they can make, the money has to be divided up to other players.

So if a team desperately needs a C, they'll be willing to overpay for that C, even if he's mediocre. ( Mozgov  . . . 16 million this season )

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

5 hours ago, pimp said:

I'm not sure if it's Hawks  University or not, but if it is , then I recommend  that Bazemore goes back school,  and gets Thabo to tutor him.

White_Wallpaper_10_2.jpg

LOL.  

Baze plays like a shorter version of 2009 Josh Smith.   All hustle, great defense at times . . . but wild as hell offensively.

• Like 1

I thought Thabo showed this type of play/versatility  the year we won 60. I remember watching him in the preseason his first year here and thinking " damn I didn't know he could do this". In OKC they  basically just told him to stand in the corner and shoot open 3's. That was pretty much the only thing they allowed him to do.   I didn't know he could bring it up and make some solid passes before he got here.  I think that injury from the club incident still bothered him some last year.

• Like 2

Its very different from other teams that our two best ball handlers in the starting five are our PG and PF. Just increases the necessity for good passing all the time. Certainly had figured Baze would be smoother with his handle by regular season but no, not yet.