• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would you think of Josh Smith coming home ?

Hawkydoky

I think it's a shame that a guy like Smith has no contract until now and is thinking about playing in china. 

What about Josh coming back in ATL ? 

He'd be playing in his hometown, with one of his best friend (and we all know how much Dwight and him shown interest playing together in the past), and in the system of ball sharing of coach Bud, having an all around player like him could be interesting, right ? 

We'd have to cut someone and I have in mind Kelly or Splitter / Humpries as they almost play only in garbage time and I'm sure Smith could bring at least as much as them. 

What do you think guys ? 

See you !

PS : Non-native speaker here, sorry if there are mistakes in my post, feel free to correct me :) 

Hawkydoky. 

• Like 2

If he was on the vet minimum, sat down with Budcox and understood that he was to play the Rodman role and to study Rodman film daily, and would be yanked and exiled to the end of the bench for the rest of the game if he took any shot other than a dunk, sure why not :blink:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

IMG_6654.GIF

Good one, Spud2.  Schmoove coming back would be like that long lost mod guy making a mysterious return all of a sudden.  Crazy, right?

nope

4 hours ago, Hawkydoky said:

I think it's a shame that a guy like Smith has no contract until now and is thinking about playing in china. 

What about Josh coming back in ATL ? 

He'd be playing in his hometown, with one of his best friend (and we all know how much Dwight and him shown interest playing together in the past), and in the system of ball sharing of coach Bud, having an all around player like him could be interesting, right ? 

We'd have to cut someone and I have in mind Kelly or Splitter / Humpries as they almost play only in garbage time and I'm sure Smith could bring at least as much as them. 

What do you think guys ? 

See you !

PS : Non-native speaker here, sorry if there are mistakes in my post, feel free to correct me :) 

Hawkydoky. 

I know it'd definitely be awkward to backup the guy that replaced you.

I don't think they need him. They got Prince they need to develop and play.

4 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

I'd have him over Kelly, but I'm not sure what he could really give us. The best option for him might be to go overseas and reinvent himself.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I could see him being a Boris Diaw (Spurs era) off the bench - playmaking big man who can guard stretch bigs. 

I'm sure if he goes overseas and plays well he'll be sought after by CLE, GS, SA etc.

I could see him being a Boris Diaw (Spurs era) off the bench - playmaking big man who can guard stretch bigs. 

I'm sure if he goes overseas and plays well he'll be sought after by CLE, GS, SA etc.

I wish I could see him in that type of role, but I'm not sure if he'd be capable of fulfilling that role. This team could use an extra playmaker, but him and Dwight on the floor would kill our spacing. He'd be more useful to us than Ryan Kelly imo, but then again I'm not the GM.

Josh Smith coming home ? lol

For some reason this makes me think of the movie "Home alone "  with Josh trying to get into Philips arena , and Hawks fans trying to stop him.

8-cracker2.gif?w=650&h=350

87ee0036-6829-431c-ad9f-ed9873a0e918.gif

Edited by pimp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

I wish I could see him in that type of role, but I'm not sure if he'd be capable of fulfilling that role. This team could use an extra playmaker, but him and Dwight on the floor would kill our spacing. He'd be more useful to us than Ryan Kelly imo, but then again I'm not the GM.

Yeah, I'm hoping ATL find someone to fulfill the Ginobli/Diaw role, extra playmaker.

• Premium Member

Let me speak clearly.

I think that he would be a player that Bud would like... but it would be to the detriment to what we are doing.   IF he could play defense and rebound off the bench, I think he'd be good... better than most of our bench players.  I think that if he came in and just did those things, that he would get a homecoming welcome back from the fans.   However, I don't know if overtime, the monster inside wouldn't take over.  It really depends on Bud.  IF Bud could curve his use of Josh, I don't think Josh would not be a good fit.   I just don't think that Bud could curve his use of Josh, especially in injury situations.  BUT.. I would like him over our 11 and 12 man.