• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would you think of Josh Smith coming home ?

Hawkydoky

I don't hate Josh, but he wouldn't be able to get the minutes he would want here.  Doubt he'd be happy collecting DNPs. 

Besides, in any relationship, if you break up, there was a reason that you broke up. Things don't change  enough for it to ever be a good idea to get back together.  Best to leave the past behind you and just keep moving on...

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Hawkydoky said:

I think it's a shame that a guy like Smith has no contract until now and is thinking about playing in china. 

What about Josh coming back in ATL ? 

He'd be playing in his hometown, with one of his best friend (and we all know how much Dwight and him shown interest playing together in the past), and in the system of ball sharing of coach Bud, having an all around player like him could be interesting, right ? 

We'd have to cut someone and I have in mind Kelly or Splitter / Humpries as they almost play only in garbage time and I'm sure Smith could bring at least as much as them. 

What do you think guys ? 

See you !

PS : Non-native speaker here, sorry if there are mistakes in my post, feel free to correct me :) 

Hawkydoky. 

Es-tu ivre?

Just kidding.   But no.  We don't need him and he and dwight together would be bad news. 

5 hours ago, HawkItus said:

No. Give those minutes to prospects.  You see what it did for moose.

That's my thought process as well.

Bring back Josh, and still not give time to Prince ( who can play a small ball 4 ) and Bembry?  Nah.

Josh can come back home anytime he wants to.  Just give him his own floor seat at Hawks games next to T.I., and he can go to Magic City or Cheetah afterwards

• Like 1

Why so much hate against him ? 

Ok those last years weren't good for him and he has shown a shitty behavior. But from the last year he was here, everything changed. 
New coach, new players (Only Scott & Korver are still here), new president, new court and everything. 

If he accept a role for a few minutes off the bench, I'm sure he could be a plus in our roster. He has PO experience, and could bring athletism. 
He'd have a small contract (Minimum veteran ? ) so we cold waive him easily

@Macdaddy : Ahah, no wasn't drunk, but tired yes, it was 2AM here when I posted it :) 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Hawkydoky said:

Why so much hate against him ? 

Ok those last years weren't good for him and he has shown a shitty behavior. But from the last year he was here, everything changed. 
New coach, new players (Only Scott & Korver are still here), new president, new court and everything. 

If he accept a role for a few minutes off the bench, I'm sure he could be a plus in our roster. He has PO experience, and could bring athletism. 
He'd have a small contract (Minimum veteran ? ) so we cold waive him easily

@Macdaddy : Ahah, no wasn't drunk, but tired yes, it was 2AM here when I posted it :) 

I don't know if you were a hawks fan when Josh was here but his last few seasons were really frustrating and I don't want to live that again.    The thing we learned is that some people change but Josh doesn't.   At least in terms of how he plays the game.  He's always thought he was a good shooter despite the ample evidence against it.   The Rockets did well with him one year solely because he got hot with his jump shot in the playoffs.   But that's a losing proposition.  He should be playing center for someone and just rebounding and shot blocking but he believes too much in his own offensive abilities.   And as others have said, we dont' need him.   We have much better options who can't even get in the game.   

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know if you were a hawks fan when Josh was here but his last few seasons were really frustrating and I don't want to live that again.    The thing we learned is that some people change but Josh doesn't.   At least in terms of how he plays the game.  He's always thought he was a good shooter despite the ample evidence against it.   The Rockets did well with him one year solely because he got hot with his jump shot in the playoffs.   But that's a losing proposition.  He should be playing center for someone and just rebounding and shot blocking but he believes too much in his own offensive abilities.   And as others have said, we dont' need him.   We have much better options who can't even get in the game.   

Here's a thought.  Marvin Williams is going to be in this league for possibly another 4 - 5 years, while Josh may never be back in the NBA.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Here's a thought.  Marvin Williams is going to be in this league for possibly another 4 - 5 years, while Josh may never be back in the NBA.

Marvin didn't do dumb bone headed stuff, he just wasn't Chris Paul and didn't live up to his #2 pick status.