• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard should be given more credit

aali34

14 hours ago, aali34 said:

Dwight Howard this year has been playing great but remains seen as a "Glorified Role Player" by some people because he has been averaging a "measly" 16 PPG. And about how he is just a glue guy who does the dirty work( he does, but I think he is more than that)

So I did a quick google search and saw that he has been playing 28 minutes a game so far this season. A good decision since we have a strong bench and look to make a post season run. But if you do the math and calculate his current numbers by the amount of minutes he played in his first year in Houston (33.7 I chose this because even though he was coming off an injury, It is one year where played alot of games and was seen as a Top center), It jumps to 18.6 ppg, and this is with our current struggle on offense with feeding him the ball and getting him to his spots. By the end of the year IF he is averaging around 32 minutes a game (Horfords minutes last year), and we fully integrate him in the offense with pick and rolls post ups, and dump offs then he should definitely average close to another 20 and 10 season. 

I think we should all write a thank you letter to James Harden and the Rockets for convincing the league that Dwight Howard is another Tyson Chandler and allowing us to sign him.

If he keeps it up he'll definitely be an All-Star reserve this year. Hawks will definitely need him in NO to recruit. Can't trust Millsap since he'll be a FA and be courted himself this summer.

• Premium Member

I'm sticking to 20ppg and 12rpg. His scoring will go up as he gets integrated into the offense. Right now, the other Hawks seem to malfunction when they see Dwight deep in the post. It's like they know they should give him the ball but there's been too many times that I've seen them jacking up poor shots or driving into the paint and turning the ball over trying to make a last second pass to Dwight. Just feed the post and spread the floor. Don't make the game harder.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I want Dwight to do well, but obviously not at the expense of the team. Luckily our head coach is one of the most equipped to handle his style of play since he's coached 2 Hall of fame big-men that played with their back to the basket.

Millsap said it the other day after beating Cleveland, Dwight is a load down there. Sap finally has a center that draws attention in the paint every trip down the floor and I can say this as well: Dwight finally has a power forward that requires attention every trip as well. The other thing is Dwight was always the one playing great D on his past teams; now he has teammates who put forth the effort on D as well. Mr. Harden are you reading this?

Its very early; and I am excited and looking forward to how Bazemore, Thabo, Korver, Prince, and Bembry do. Still not convinced we can beat the Cavs in the playoffs but I have never been more convinced that we are a SG or SF away from being a great team; not just a good team.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

Just now, macdaddy said:

I don't feel like we'd get run off the court against the Cavs now in the playoffs.   And we certainly won't get punked physically.   Dennis, Dwight, Humph and i think eventually Prince are going to put some hurt on people if given the chance.    

I agree man. Dwight is physical but not a dirty player and I love that about him. Thabo aint no punk either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

From a Per 36 minute perspective, here's how Dwight's season this year ranks in his career.

FG% - 1st

FT% - 10th

FT attempts - 3rd

FT makes - 5th

ORebs - 1st

DRebs - 4th

TotRebs - 1st

Assists - 5th

Steals - 1st

Blocks - 3rd

OffRating - 1st

DefRating - 1st

PER - 3rd

TS% - 5th

Win Score/48 - 1st

In other words, he's having his best season since the 2009 - 10 season.

@TheNorthCydeRises

raw

wait-say-what-gif.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11614-1431388285-20

I thought Dwight was done.  The entire NBA is like...

sI7Mvbk.gif

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

:Moose::Schroder: "Closest to the shot clock wins!"

~lw3

In the interest of full disclosure, it was a dunk from the free throw line contest so ....

That dang CViv and his shoddy reporting.