• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard should be given more credit

aali34

It's amazing how much perception can be swayed when you don't get to keep up with players and teams yourself. I haven't been able to watch basketball much lately bc of my schedule but the national media would have you thinking this guy was a terrible player now and an even worse person. I'm happy as hell to have him on the team now and can't wait to see what the future looks like with him. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

From a Per 36 minute perspective, here's how Dwight's season this year ranks in his career.

FG% - 1st

FT% - 10th

FT attempts - 3rd

FT makes - 5th

ORebs - 1st

DRebs - 4th

TotRebs - 1st

Assists - 5th

Steals - 1st

Blocks - 3rd

OffRating - 1st

DefRating - 1st

PER - 3rd

TS% - 5th

Win Score/48 - 1st

In other words, he's having his best season since the 2009 - 10 season.

and Points - 3rd

• Like 1

I've been very pleased with how he's played and how Bud has utilized him so far. Our team numbers look stupid like his despite the abundance of turnovers, due in large part to his impact. 

I like him around 28-30 minutes leaving 15-18 for Hump.  He must be kept fresh for the instances in the playoffs that call for him to play 35-38.  

All those years of poor rebounding almost seem worth it when you land one of the most gifted rebounders ever to lace em up.  Almost.

• Like 3

The guys that get all the minutes at center and just a few at power forward here and there are averaging over twenty rebounds a game. Dwight, Moose and Kris. Pretty nice difference from our distant past.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/atl/cat/avgRebounds

• Like 1

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&franch_id=ATL&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&force%3Apos_is=1&c1stat=ws_per_48&c1comp=gt&c1val=.250&c6mult=1.0&order_by=ws_per_48

These are the players in Hawks history that have accumulated a Win Score/48 of .250

Howard is on this list, along with Moose.  The others on this list weren't rotation players and played sparingly.

For a comparison, only 4 players who were rotation players averaging 15 min/game, achieved a .250 WS/48 mark last season

- Steph Curry:  .318 ( which is insane )

- Kawhi Leonard:  .277

- Kevin Durant:  .270

- Chris Paul:  .253 . . . ( he has an all time best .410 WS/48 so far this season )

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 10:18 AM, Buzzard said:

I agree man. Dwight is physical but not a dirty player and I love that about him. Thabo aint no punk either.

Goddamn, .410!   

I can't hear it at work but Brent Barry and Rick Fox (two of the few national pundits who actually watch and enjoy the Hawks) are giving some love as the team of the week.  I still can't figure out why those guys rather sit behind a desk than move up the coaching ranks but that's just me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Goddamn, .410!   

I can't hear it at work but Brent Barry and Rick Fox (two of the few national pundits who actually watch and enjoy the Hawks) are giving some love as the team of the week.  I still can't figure out why those guys rather sit behind a desk than move up the coaching ranks but that's just me.

'Cause you're undefeated when you're behind a desk.  Plus you get to go home without worrying about a key player getting his leg broke by some tiny police officer.

Anyways, I saw that segment and it was great actually hearing some analysis that goes beyond, "Um, the Hawks won but uhmmm ... let's talka 'bout DWhine's homecoming amirite!!!!"

From my faulty memory, they were complimentary of Budz and the use of Howard, were impressed with Dennis and spoke highly of us being another EC team to watch.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

'Cause you're undefeated when you're behind a desk.  Plus you get to go home without worrying about a key player getting his leg broke by some tiny police officer.

Anyways, I saw that segment and it was great actually hearing some analysis that goes beyond, "Um, the Hawks won but uhmmm ... let's talka 'bout DWhine's homecoming amirite!!!!"

From my faulty memory, they were complimentary of Budz and the use of Howard, were impressed with Dennis and spoke highly of us being another EC team to watch.

Is a video/audio available?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is a video/audio available?

Not sure.  I figured my meager representation was enough for y'all.  I guess I ain't on that level yet, huh?  Tough room.

Seriously though, if I find a link I'll definitely post it.

Figured you of all people would be all over a Pretty Ricky Fox broadcast.  Well, you and the late Dolfan.

• Moderators

“I know in past years Cleveland has demolished the Hawks in the playoffs, and I personally was very upset about it,” Howard said. “Being from Atlanta, I didn’t want to see my team lose. Even though I played for another team, I didn’t want to ever see the Hawks go down because I’m from Atlanta and I have support from afar. But I just didn’t like the way that we were getting beat by Cleveland, and they beat us on the offensive boards, they beat us in the paint, they were more physical than us, and they were more competitive. Me being the leader of the team, it starts with me. I have to be competitive. I have to compete, be physical and get the job done inside every night.”

http://gottlieb.radio.cbssports.com/2016/11/14/dwight-howard-listening-to-people-messed-with-my-head/

sorry if this was already posted.

• Like 2