• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why do we continue to start Titanic Howard?

NBASupes

Just now, StephenHawking said:

He's a liability. Not because he's a bad player but because he's a lazy f*ck and makes the dumbest decisions. 

I'm done with him already. His attitude really makes me want to punch something 

He does so little well, it's insane. 

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden, red2play sagte:

When you see a pathetic attempt to go after a player that's avg a double double but refrains against wide open wings who continuously miss or dennis who still hasn't learned the floater or a mid range, is crazy. 

You can see DH fighting for rebounds, playing monster defense and hustling up the court.  If he could learn to do a short midrange, he'd be unstoppable but I'm not going to go crazy about offense when he wasn't brought over for that.

We aren't refraining to go after the wings. There are just enough threads about our wings. That one right here adresses another big issue. 

The second part is just bullsh*t. Hes as lazy as you can be. LOOK AT HIS FRAME. LOOK AT HIS ATHLETICISM. He should own everybody every game. 

That guy can really only do one thing well and that's rebound. He has absolutely no offensive game. Is a lazy f*ck on defense just waiting to rebound glued to the paint. He makes way too many stupid fouls just because he's too lazy. How many 3 second violations did he have already? He turns the ball over at will. He got outplayed many games so far by his opposing counterpart. Yesterday again manifested that you simply can't rely on him. 

Another thing which is pissing me off: Why the f*** is he training his 15ft jumper always? He attempts one every couple of games. That makes no sense. Instead work on issues that affect your game constantly. Work on your hands because atm your playing hot potato with it. Work on one post move. Work on your screensetting.

• Like 1

He is just limited. The NBA has changed. Just about 20 teams got a decent center. This isn't 2008. The center position is strong and Dwight is washed up. He can still do some things at an very high level but he is at that stage Phoenix Shaq was at where he might be better off the bench.

The limits are one thing, but leading in TO's for instance another. Also in many plays under the basket he tries to do sweet stuff and ends up rejected or fouled without a basket(like how many and1's he has?), while in those situations you'd just wish he powers trough, knowing he could have. His hands just suck. Just grab the damn ball firmly ffs. Dont trie the finger roll ffs.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

The limits are one thing, but leading in TO's for instance another. Also in many plays under the basket he tries to do sweet stuff and ends up rejected or fouled without a basket(like how many and1's he has?), while in those situations you'd just wish he powers trough, knowing he could have. His hands just suck. Just grab the damn ball firmly ffs. Dont trie the finger roll ffs.

He doesn't get and 1s because he gets hammered.   Other guys get and 1s because the defense is trying to actually block their shot without fouling.   With Dwight they aren't doing that.   1. because they know they can't stop him from scoring down low and 2. because is FT shooting is horrible they know that you foul and foul hard.   

• Like 2

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

The limits are one thing, but leading in TO's for instance another. Also in many plays under the basket he tries to do sweet stuff and ends up rejected or fouled without a basket(like how many and1's he has?), while in those situations you'd just wish he powers through, knowing he could have. His hands just suck. Just grab the damn ball firmly ffs. Dont trie the finger roll ffs.

I hear ya! I was just peeping the NBA Stats, and D8's and1/and-none % on post-ups is about 3.4%, which isn't too hot but it's right in the middle of PF/Cs with at least 4 such plays per game (15 players in all, discounting Dirk). Leading that mini-pack, coincidentally, is Paul Millsap at 6.4%.

D8's FT% (dare we mention it's a career-low 48.3%?) pretty much dictates that his and1% (inferring you actually insert the ball into the hoop as you get the harm) has to be much higher than his peers. Indeed, last season's 5.4 and1% for Howard was a league-high. He has to get himself back up around that level.

He gets sent to the line on almost a quarter (24.7%) of his post plays (up from 19.9% last season), a league high, and understandably so.

Right behind him is Unibrow (22% FT frequency, but 82.3 FT%), and Kevin Love (21% frequency, but 85.8 FT%), the former piling up 32 PPG, the latter capable of getting himself "three points" the easy way or the hard way.

As a result of those missed bunnies+missed freebies, Dwight's scoring anything at all on 40.4% of his post-ups (down from 43.8% last season) ranks him 13th among that crew of 15 players (ahead of Whiteside at 36.2% and Drummond at 33.7%, although it sure feels like Andre doubled his percentage in his last game against Dwight).

Get Dwight back in the gym, Coach Darvin!

~lw3

• Like 2

So many stat numbers and formulas there its beginning to look like second year algebra. Think the old school eye test rule was if Dwight could get close to sixty percent from the line it would pan out because he causes a lot of foul issues on opposing bigs. Can't have anyone else in the lineup going zero for whatever either though. 

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde, macdaddy sagte:

He doesn't get and 1s because he gets hammered.   Other guys get and 1s because the defense is trying to actually block their shot without fouling.   With Dwight they aren't doing that.   1. because they know they can't stop him from scoring down low and 2. because is FT shooting is horrible they know that you foul and foul hard.   

Thats why he needs to expect the hit and "power trough", not do all this balanced stuff that will take him off balance.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah he gets fouled hard on almost every trip down the court if he gets the ball.

I wish these big guys like Howard that can't hit free throws the regular way would at least TRY the underhanded shot to see if it would work. No one cares what it looks like as long as it goes in.

My one complaint with Dwight are the turnovers (well 2 - set a solid screen).  C'mon big fella - value the ball, be one the ball. Say this prayer Dwight:

This is my ball. There are many like it but this one is mine. My ball is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my ball is useless. Without my ball I am useless. I must secure my ball. I must secure my ball against my defender. I must block him before he blocks me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my ball and myself are defenders of the paint, we are the masters of my defenders, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no defender, but peace. Amen.

On 12/5/2016 at 7:20 PM, hazer said:

I'd throw this out there and just go to town:

Shredder

THJr

Prince

Sap

D8

Can't say how much I hope Sap stays with us. That lineup next year could really cause damage in the East. Things have to work out with Tim's contract as well. Hoping that things progress that way.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 12/5/2016 at 1:18 PM, hawkman said:

Baze can't dribble. When he does drive, he's out of control and either throws the ball at the basket or turns the ball over trying to make a last second pass.

Baze should not have been signed.  Prince is better.