• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stockpile of Picks = Blockbuster move?

ThomasCredle

Just a thought but it seems like we have a lot of future picks from past deals.   Anyway we maybe use some of that ammo to sweeten a Milsap deal to offset the "rental" risk to another team and bring back a substantial player?   Or is thia just busting up the team going young and starting over....

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you are expecting a blockbuster move, prepare to be shocked.

(That it doesn't happen).

Cents on the dollar. If Sap is worth $1, I feel we are going to get about $.20-25 max...

I think something could be in the works on that front. It is no secret Okafor has been on the block since last season and Philly's reported asking price is picks.

In this new CBA rookie contracts and picks are more important than ever. I would not be shocked if we moved a couple of picks and a contract for a disgruntled player on another team. If it does not happen this season, I do think it will eventually happen.

One thing is certain, we are no longer a  team that just accepts the status quo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The only named superstars being mentioned in possible deals are Cousins and Butler. I can't see Bud wanting Cousins. Butler and Dennis would be interesting to watch but I'm not sure what the Bulls would want. They almost traded him to the TWolves at the draft last year but pulled out at the last second.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

The only named superstars being mentioned in possible deals are Cousins and Butler. I can't see Bud wanting Cousins. Butler and Dennis would be interesting to watch but I'm not sure what the Bulls would want. They almost traded him to the TWolves at the draft last year but pulled out at the last second.

Rudy Gay to but he has only one year left. There is plenty of talent out there just rotting on bad teams and a lot of teams in need of draft picks. I think Dennis and Howard are the only players on our team looked at as untouchable.

That leaves a lot of options in a package with picks to improve a starting spot on this team.

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

Rudy Gay to but he has only one year left. There is plenty of talent out there just rotting on bad teams and a lot of teams in need of draft picks. I think Dennis and Howard are the only players on our team looked at as untouchable.

That leaves a lot of options in a package with picks to improve a starting spot on this team.

I don't consider Gay a superstar but yes, he's definitely available. His mysterious hip injury that's kept him out of several games sounds like the team wanting to keep him safe while they trade him.

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't consider Gay a superstar but yes, he's definitely available. His mysterious hip injury that's kept him out of several games sounds like the team wanting to keep him safe while they trade him.

I don't think we will trade picks for Gay on a one year deal. But he has already said he is not resigning with the Kings and they desperately want to move him.

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't think we will trade picks for Gay on a one year deal. But he has already said he is not resigning with the Kings and they desperately want to move him.

I think we could trade our 1st this year for Gay and Splitter's contract if we are vying to make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

In this new CBA rookie contracts and picks are more important than ever. I would not be shocked if we moved a couple of picks and a contract for a disgruntled player on another team. If it does not happen this season, I do think it will eventually happen.

I agree with the idea here but I don't see our stockpile of assets.  Our current midround first is our best pick.  The Cleveland pick won't happen for years and is likely to be roughly the same value as a high second round pick.  The Minnesota pick may never happen and has limited upside with the protection on it so any team accepting that is taking it knowing it may dissolve into nothing and at best will provide a midround pick.

If a team can't get a better package than we are offering in picks then the player they are looking to deal probably isn't an impact player.

One thing is certain, we are no longer a  team that just accepts the status quo.

Agree with this without reservation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I agree with the idea here but I don't see our stockpile of assets.  Our current midround first is our best pick.  The Cleveland pick won't happen for years and is likely to be roughly the same value as a high second round pick.  The Minnesota pick may never happen and has limited upside with the protection on it so any team accepting that is taking it knowing it may dissolve into nothing and at best will provide a midround pick.

If a team can't get a better package than we are offering in picks then the player they are looking to deal probably isn't an impact player.

I also consider Prince, Bembry, and Delaney as part of a potential package. I think our assets are a little underrated by some and yes overrated by others. With that being said, even if its not a coveted young player like Okafor, we could still use a player who would be an upgrade in our starting lineup.

I really like our team and think we have a solid base with Coach Bud, Howard, and Dennis that will be an attractive landing spot for any players, young or veteran, who get an opportunity to play here.

With nine straight appearances in the playoffs our franchise is no longer being compared to the Kings anymore.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I also consider Prince, Bembry, and Delaney as part of a potential package. I think our assets are a little underrated by some and yes overrated by others. With that being said, even if its not a coveted young player like Okafor, we could still use a player who would be an upgrade in our starting lineup.

I really like our team and think we have a solid base with Coach Bud, Howard, and Dennis that will be an attractive landing spot for any players, young or veteran, who get an opportunity to play here.

With nine straight appearances in the playoffs our franchise is no longer being compared to the Kings anymore.

I think a guy like Okafor who has shown some big liabilities with his game could be in play in a 3 way deal if we want him (he doesn't seem to fit what Bud wants).

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think a guy like Okafor who has shown some big liabilities with his game could be in play in a 3 way deal if we want him (he doesn't seem to fit what Bud wants).

I can't begin to think I know what Bud wants. I would never have guessed this Korver trade to the rival Cavs in a million years. I think we have some nice assets but I also know Dennis did not get a lot of playing time behind Teague.

Maybe Bud sees Prince and Bembry as real deal players who just need the experience. And just maybe he thinks all we need right now is to make sure we do not lose Sap for nothing.

I don't know if "blockbuster" is the word, but I'd be completely open for a deal for someone like Gay (mentioned earlier), Dragic or Melo to upgrade the talent level of this team. I think Dragic and Dennis can coexist, better shooting than Teague/Dennis.

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I concur.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think we could trade our 1st this year for Gay and Splitter's contract if we are vying to make the playoffs. 

NOOOOO.......I don't like trading that pick then have 2 FAs in Gay and Millsap who can leave.

8 hours ago, AHF said:

If that Minny pick does not convey in  2018, 19 or 20 - then Minny is in terrible trouble with all those lottery picks that can't make the playoffs.  (Minny has 6 lottery picks:  2-#1 picks, 2-#5 picks, #13, #14, then #15, #21, #24 )

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I concur.

NOOOOO.......I don't like trading that pick then have 2 FAs in Gay and Millsap who can leave.

If that Minny pick does not convey in  2018, 19 or 20 - then Minny is in terrible trouble with all those lottery picks that can't make the playoffs.  (Minny has 6 lottery picks:  2-#1 picks, 2-#5 picks, #13, #14, then #15, #21, #24 )

I like it to convey but I thought Minny would be knocking on the door of the playoffs already and they aren't close so far this year.