• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks emotional in reacting to Korver trade

GameTime

“It’s tough,” said Paul Millsap, who also played with Korver in Utah. Kyle was a big reason I am here. To see him not in the locker room, it’s tough for me personally.

“Kyle means so much to this team, to this organization, so much to our community. To see him go, it will be felt. His presence in the locker room, his presence in the community, it will be felt. It’s tough to see him go.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-emotional-reacting-korver-trade/I9FTYeHYksCVPwklicjlrK/

Millsap lost his buddy. He sounds like he wouldn't even re-sign if he could.

• Like 3

With his kids born here I wonder where he'll end of living after playing. He likes Atlanta. Know he works out in the offseason in California some and spent most of his childhood there. He moved to Iowa when he was in high school. Guess some kind of a coaching job would probably dictate where though. Be nice if he ended up in Atlanta's community.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Teague, Horford, Kyle, now Millsap about to go..

Total rebuild mode.

We all knew that one day this would happen but right now, I am happy for Kyle because he will get a ring (hopefully) and come back to Hawks University as a coach.

• Like 1

Just now, NekiEcko said:

We all knew that one day this would happen but right now, I am happy for Kyle because he will get a ring (hopefully) and come back to Hawks University as a coach.

True, i'm happy for him too, he has higher chance now getting a ring with Lebron, and Kyrie. But, it's still tough to see him go, he did a lot for the Hawks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Teague, Horford, Kyle, now Millsap about to go.. 

Total rebuild mode.

Just a couple years ago they were all stars...:-( we had 4 all stars in the all star game ...wow

I've been saying for 2+ years that Korver will be a Hawks coach alongside Bud. Get that ring, then come back home with insider info, 3zus.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

I honestly think half the posters here are on suicide watch after the trade. You guys do realize Korver hasn't really been Korver since the Delladova injury, right? The metrics show our team is significantly better without him this season than when he's on the court.

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly think half the posters here are on suicide watch after the trade. You guys do realize Korver hasn't really been Korver since the Delladova injury, right? The metrics show our team is significantly better without him this season than when he's on the court.

We now have 2 guys on the team over the 3pt mendoza line this season:  Moose and Kelly.  

While I hated Korver starting, I liked Korver coming off the bench.

I'm not overwrought about losing him just question whether we maximized our trade leverage by dealing him now and what we are doing when we are first in our division and deal to strengthen the freaking Cavs.  It is waaay too late for us to effectively tank and rebuild so where are we going from here?  Not sure.

• Like 4

Let's just trade Millsap to Golden State for a 2029 first round pick while we are at it.  What a joke this franchise is.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

We now have 2 guys on the team over the 3pt mendoza line this season:  Moose and Kelly.  

While I hated Korver starting, I liked Korver coming off the bench.

I'm not overwrought about losing him just question whether we maximized our trade leverage by dealing him now and what we are doing when we are first in our division and deal to strengthen the freaking Cavs.  It is waaay too late for us to effectively tank and rebuild so where are we going from here?  Not sure.

And yet despite Korver's 3 point ability we still are a significantly better team without him on the court. I mean the metrics don't lie here. This team is simply better without him and now we have a future first rounder for not having him on the team. Yes, it makes Cleveland stronger now but it isn't like we gave them a young player with years ahead. How long is Korver going to play? Honestly? If he wins a ring this year he could easily hang it up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

And yet despite Korver's 3 point ability we still are a significantly better team without him on the court. I mean the metrics don't lie here. This team is simply better without him and now we have a future first rounder for not having him on the team. Yes, it makes Cleveland stronger now but it isn't like we gave them a young player with years ahead. How long is Korver going to play? Honestly? If he wins a ring this year he could easily hang it up.

I swear.... people are acting like we just traded Ray Allen in his prime or something. I know we loved Kyle but seriously, it is just Kyle Korver. The same dude that hasn't helped get us over the hump in the 5 years he has been here. The same dude that's on the downside of his career. The same dude that got benched this season. If Cleveland of all places was willing to trade for an old shooter on the last year of his contract then you make that deal. Stop thinking about the past man, he obviously wasn't in our plans for next season. We literally just drafted two wings. Instead of letting him finish the last 46 games off the bench and not resign him in the offseason we actually got something in return. 

I wish Atlanta fans would stop being so damn attached to guys all the time. 

Now if we move Millsap for pennies on the dollar then we can be mad about rebuilding but right now, it's just Kyle Korver. A non difference maker this season on an expiring deal. Period 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I hate seeing Kyle go but we are making room on our team. We need Prince and Bembry to start playing more and I have a feeling we are not done yet.

Get Prince back from the D league and set him free now. Bembry looked solid last night too. Congrats on ur fantasy football 1st place BTW...can't believe I pulled a 90's Utah Jazz and went 11-2 only to lose to Diesel in the playoffs but at least beat Cap to get the bronze. 3rd place ain't so bad :-|

58 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That's why I hate Delladiver..

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

What metric shows Prince, Bembry or Bazemore as being better than Korver coming off the bench?

Even counting Korver's starting play, he is waaay better on WS/48 and PER than those three.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, AHF said:

What metric shows Prince, Bembry or Bazemore as being better than Korver coming off the bench?

Even counting Korver's starting play, he is waaay better on WS/48 and PER than those three.

Our numbers as a team with Korver on the court and without him on the court show that we're a better team without him on the court.

• Like 1