• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congrats Paul on another all star bid

capstone21

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes, he earned it. So did Dwight. Paul George has no place on the AS team.

The coaches apparently don't know what a C is and how important they are to playing a basketball game.  None on the East, 5 guys who can play C for the West. If it were a real game the West would have a huge advantage but judging by last year's game they're just gonna play another alley-oop-filled hot dog debacle that angers the Basketball Gods.

Dwight was snubbed but I ain't outraged about it.  I'm more concerned about being atop the East next year so Dennis can get a fair shake.

Shout out to Paul though.  At least the coaches know how hard he is to deal with nightly.

The coaches all wearing bow ties through Sunday to honor some coaching association guy.  Can't wait to see the (more) uncomfortable look on Bud's face having to wear the worst male accessory ever.  No one should wear those outside of Bruce Bowen and @MaceCase.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The coaches apparently don't know what a C is and how important they are to playing a basketball game.  None on the East, 5 guys who can play C for the West. If it were a real game the West would have a huge advantage but judging by last year's game they're just gonna play another alley-oop-filled hot dog debacle that angers the Basketball Gods.

Dwight was snubbed but I ain't outraged about it.  I'm more concerned about being atop the East next year so Dennis can get a fair shake.

Shout out to Paul though.  At least the coaches know how hard he is to deal with nightly.

The coaches all wearing bow ties through Sunday to honor some coaching association guy.  Can't wait to see the (more) uncomfortable look on Bud's face having to wear the worst male accessory ever.  No one should wear those outside of Bruce Bowen and @MaceCase.

Hahaha...and Ernie Johnson...and the guy who killed Biggie Smalls..and Fonz Bentley..

IMG_8202.JPG

IMG_8203.JPG

IMG_8205.JPG

Edited by Spud2Nique

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The Nation are perturbed by your remarks, brother Ben

screen-shot-2014-07-14-at-4-23-27-pm.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Yes, he earned it. So did Dwight. Paul George has no place on the AS team.

Hmmm..PG is at 22 ppg, 6 boards and 3 dimes with a 45% fg and a 92% ft shooter and his team is in 7th in the east at 22-22...I dunno about no place but it's debatable, I guess the whole team coukd be debatable.

58 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

The Nation are perturbed by your remarks, brother Ben

screen-shot-2014-07-14-at-4-23-27-pm.png

I apologize but their saving graces are the fresh haircuts.  They look like they'd beat my ass then surround me in a circle to pray for me in the name of The Honorable.  Final proof that real Black Men don't smile for pictures.  

Is Jay Electronica still alive tho?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Paul getting that respect from the coaches, that JJ used to get.  Congrats to Millsap.

Desiigner approves too.

Image result for desiigner dancing gif

I thought about the recent tear Dennis has been on and it's vintage Joe.  He'd go crazy a couple weeks before coaches selection like clockwork for 4 or 5 years straight lol.  Dennis in his own ultra-confident mind figured he had a shot but unfortunately the East PG position is much deeper than SG has been for the past decade now.  5 PGs selected to 2 SGs.  

Of course I like the old-school way where it was plainly understood you had to have 2 true position players for 1-5 and an additional guard, forward, and C.  A complete team build made for a better game.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

I think Sap is my top 5 fav Hawk of all time..:-)

Nique

Deke

Mookie

Spud

Sap

Smitty

Grant Long

Ok top 7...no particular order except that Nique is #1

• Moderators

I'm sure they're very busy, but I wonder when the good people of Ruston are going to honor one of their greatest Dunkin' Dogs with a jersey retirement.

After all, they do get a free "Loueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezyanna TECH!" promo about 50 days out of the year.

Maybe they're just holding out for his 5th All-Star appearance before they honor Paul (and P.J. Brown).

(FWIW: LaTech retired The Mailman's number in 1989, after his 5th NBA season and 2nd All-Star appearance. Karl Malone, Jackie Moreland, and Leon Barmore are LaTech's sole men's hoops jersey retirees. Millsap and Brown are in the school's Athletic Hall of Fame, Millsap inducted in 2011.)

~lw3

• Moderators

Y'all hear me fuss about this every year, at least since back when the NBA world groveled everytime Joe would go.

I think the early 1980s (?) were the last times the NBA had minimum rosters down at 12. They had been at 13 for a long time, and are about to go up to 14 with the new CBA.

So, why are there only 12 named All-Stars (not counting injury replacements) every season? It's 2016! The league's that cash-strapped that they can't possibly include an 8th reserve?

I think the league gets its jollies off of seeing the fan reactions when Would-Be-All-Star #13 in each conference gets "snubbed" annually. The snooty people of Philadelphia need to take up THIS issue with the Commish, rather than garble about who shouldn't have gotten in ahead of their sacred cow du jour.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

:Millsap: Thank for your support guys, and a very special "Thank you, sir" to @BrazilianHawk for supporting me and actually celebrating my signing from day 1.

- Oh, Paul, you're very welcome! Now please, pretty please, sign that contract they'll gonna offer you in the offseason. You know I'd like you to retire a Hawk. Way to go, man!

• Like 1