• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta sports is some bullsh*t

NBASupes

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I literally did not sleep last night and had to take the day off from work. I just laid in bed thinking 28-3 and with only 2 minutes left in the 3rd and we lost the Super Bowl. This is the most epic fail letdown in sports history. Only an Atlanta team could do this to its fans. Only Atlanta.

Exactly.   Exactly.   All the Braves f-ups came pouring back but this was even worse.   There for the taking and no one took the breath to say.  Let's just run this thing out.   Nothing cute is necessary.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Um, that's kind of an overreaction don't you think?

I think the only time I'd say f-coach/player is if the guy acts like a dbag after the fact.  The OC is moving on to a new job so it's seemingly bush league to crap on the players and blame them on the way out the door.  IOW, I think he earned some folks' f-you.

If he'd simply had a bad game and handled it respectfully, I don't think many would be crapping on him to a high degree.

Nah disloyalty is to the bone,  and I have read his comments.  He didn't blame anyone.  but, whatever man, Again I have no respect for bandwagon fans.  If you want to blame somebody blame the NFL for the over produced halftime show that kept a hot team off the field so long.

10 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Nah disloyalty is to the bone,  and I have read his comments.  He didn't blame anyone.  but, whatever man, Again I have no respect for bandwagon fans.  If you want to blame somebody blame the NFL for the over produced halftime show that kept a hot team off the field so long.

You simply cannot equate the relationship one has with a sports team to the relationship one has with a spouse.  That's an apples to desk chairs comparison.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You simply cannot equate the relationship one has with a sports team to the relationship one has with a spouse.  That's an apples to desk chairs comparison.

Maybe not in your situation, but people commit to people, things, situations at a pretty similar level.   Its been shown a person who cheats on his taxes is more likely to cheat on a spouse.    http://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/commitment-issues

How you approach things you claim to care about is reflective.  

Edited by HawkItus

3 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Maybe not in your situation, but people commit to people, things, situations at a pretty similar level.   Its been shown a person who cheats on his taxes is more likely to cheat on a spouse.    http://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/commitment-issues

Sorry, you're wrong.  It's not really even up for debate.

If a person commits to a sports team at the same level they commit to their spouse, that means they were never serious about their spouse.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Sorry, you're wrong.  It's not really even up for debate.

If a person commits to a sports team at the same level they commit to their spouse, that means they were never serious about their spouse.

No you are wrong.  You are arguing a point I have not made.   I said the people who drop a player/coach who has provided a historical performance for one poor showing are the same "TYPE" of people who leave a spouse do to illness.  Never said commit to your team to the same degree as your spouse.  But, if you quit or are disloyal to what my seem trivial to some people you will likely show those same traits in none trivial matters.   In other words you play like you practice.

7 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I Commit to my sports team for rhe shear entertainment value to get away from real life like spouses, bills and taxes.

There is no way I equate my commitment to my spouse wirh any sport. It's because of my.commitment to him that allows me to be having football therapy on a basketball site with you knuckleheads.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I still can't believe that Quinn didn't nix the pass plays at the NE 22 yrd line and just call 3 straight running plays right up the gut to give Bryant a field goal in the middle of the field. NE would have had to use up their 2 remaining TOs and we'd be up by 11 with probably around 2:30 left in the game. There would have been no time for Brady for put up 11 points in that short a time.

The worst part of it to me is that when we badly needed to keep generating first downs early in the quarter to rest our defense, we got super conservative in order to burn clock on a per play basis (rather than per drive) and stopped pressuring NE with creative play calling to try not to make a mistake.  That left our defense out to dry and gave them the opportunity to come back.

Then when we badly need to just hold position and not make a mistake to kick a very high % FG and make it a two possession game with about 3 minutes left we get aggressive.  What the hell.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I Commit to my sports team for rhe shear entertainment value to get away from real life like spouses, bills and taxes.

There is no way I equate my commitment to my spouse wirh any sport. It's because of my.commitment to him that allows me to be having football therapy on a basketball site with you knuckleheads.

Not what I wrote or what I am arguing.  But, alas my commitment to this discussion has waned.  Like with most things I get bored easily.  :)

1 minute ago, AHF said:

The worst part of it to me is that when we badly needed to keep generating first downs early in the quarter to rest our defense, we got super conservative in order to burn clock on a per play basis (rather than per drive) and stopped pressuring NE with creative play calling to try not to make a mistake.  That left our defense out to dry and gave them the opportunity to come back.

Then when we badly need to just hold position and not make a mistake to kick a very high % FG and make it a two possession game with about 3 minutes left we get aggressive.  What the hell.

But, this was Shannahan's MO all year.  It didn't just start.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

But, this was Shannahan's MO all year.  It didn't just start.

Sucks that it cost us a championship.  If he just stays aggressive or stays conservative that even works.  That mixing and matching to poor effect on both ends killed us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I literally did not sleep last night and had to take the day off from work. I just laid in bed thinking 28-3 and with only 2 minutes left in the 3rd and we lost the Super Bowl. This is the most epic fail letdown in sports history. Only an Atlanta team could do this to its fans. Only Atlanta.

You're not alone.  I tossed and turned all night.  We might have been able to get away with these screw up vs. any other team but not these Patriots.

I keep trying to divert my thoughts but this loss will not let go of me.  I keep replaying about 5 different situations that could've panned out differently.  The 22 yd line was biggest but there are plenty others.

The only solace I have is that we proved we belonged and we learned a lesson on pace because I agree with Quinn about having no gas left on defense towards the end.

I don't know if I can follow this team as much as I did this season.  When you put in so much effort to follow the team it makes it that much worse.  I feel like it's going to stick with me for a little bit.

This was the sports years of team implosions (Warriors, Indians, Falcons).  Maybe it's the homer in me but the Falcons is the worst one in my opinion.

Oh.....and my wife is a Pats fan from the Boston area.  I've been trying to keep that one a secret but that cats out of the bag now.  FML.....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

It contends with Seattle's decision to pass the ball instead of handing to Marshawn Lynch for the win.

Yeah I thought that too - pick your poison really.  Theirs came down to one play sucking the life out of them.  This was like a slow trickle of life being sucked out of me over the span of 1.5 quarters.

I feel worst for Julio Jones.  That guy puts in the work and plays like a champion.  He makes a Super Bowl type of catch that could've been what they looked back on as 'the play' that sealed our win but instead here we are...

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Yeah I thought that too - pick your poison really.  Theirs came down to one play sucking the life out of them.  This was like a slow trickle of life being sucked out of me over the span of 1.5 quarters.

I feel worst for Julio Jones.  That guy puts in the work and plays like a champion.  He makes a Super Bowl type of catch that could've been what they looked back on as 'the play' that sealed our win but instead here we are...

Yep.  The heroics of Julio and Freeman as well as some great defensive plays in the first half will be lost forever.  Not to mention robbing Matt Bryant of his chance to seal a super bowl because you don't know how football works.   

• Like 4

Yeah well Freeman completely whiffed the block that caused the quick blind hit on Matt causing a lost fumble and a short field for you know who. Doesn't relieve the guilt of the coaching decision of not protecting the field position and kicking a field goal but several plays were involved with the loss and that fumble was one of the biggest catalysts though not the nail in the coffin. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

The other aspect that I thought about with that is that bad offensive play calls for Seattle gifted a championship to NE once and now the hot shot assistant from Seattle led a team whose offensive play calls granted NE another championship they shouldn't have won.  In both cases, the final error was being in a position to win with a simple run and making the decision to pass.  

(I contend that the Falcons could have avoided the whole thing if they hadn't stopped attacking on offense for the rest of the 4th quarter as well.)

• Like 2