• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta sports is some bullsh*t

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, rd79 said:

The difference is, there are lots of things to compete for in european sports.

Example Bundesliga:

1st - Championship
2nd-3th - Qualification for Champions League
4th - Opportunitiy to qualify for CL 
5th-6th - Qualification for Euro League
7th-15th - fight for 6th place or fight to avoid relegation
16th - still a chance to avoid relegation 
17th-18th loosers, say goodby to first class competion (and TV money as well)

And since relegation can ruin clubs forever, there is a lot to fight and cheer for in "Abstiegskampf" fight (against) relegation

In America it's only Champ, Playoffs and maybe Draftpick.

It seems for Americans the 2nd is the first loser - and this fits due to playoff system, 2nd lost the big game. While climbing to 4th place in the Bundesliga on the last game is happy as shit because you achieved something in the last game. If you lose the Super Bowl you are just the loser of one of the biggest sports events on this planet.

Pretty spot-on assessment, honestly.  Not sure the whole '2nd place is the 1st loser' mentality is a good thing or not but that's a discussion for another day.

Also, am I wrong if I mentally read everything you post in a bad 80's-era Russian accent (even though you're allegedly German)? :happy:

12 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I think sudden death in football is asinine.... a game is decided by a coin flip ... horrible rule ... nothing to do with Falcons losing ... just saying that is a horrible rule

Well, you know the response will be to not blow a 25-point second half lead. I don't agree with the overtime rules, either but the way they wet the bed last night gives Falcon fans no leverage to work with here...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Well its the problem about the american sports system then. They could make a championsleague they could do relegations, but since money is everything they wont do it. Way easier to call all their winners world champions anyways:D.

My team got relegated last season and if we dont climb up again this year, we might be stuck there for a long time. But i wouldnt cry about it. In the end of the day its just sports.

My team plays in 3rd devision since some years..

Passing the ball on New England's 22 yard line was the absolute worst decision I've ever seen in professional sports. If we run the ball all three downs the worst would be a 39 yard chip shot from Matt Bryant. The game would be sealed. I'm glad Shanahan is gone. And he lost major respect for trying to throw Ryan under the bus.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Passing the ball on New England's 22 yard line was the absolute worst decision I've ever seen in professional sports. If we run the ball all three downs the worst would be a 39 yard chip shot from Matt Bryant. The game would be sealed. I'm glad Shanahan is gone. And he lost major respect for trying to throw Ryan under the bus.

I missed that.  What did he say?

3 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

And he lost major respect for trying to throw Ryan under the bus.

What'd he say? I've blocked out all SB coverage, makes me sick.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Pretty spot-on assessment, honestly.  Not sure the whole '2nd place is the 1st loser' mentality is a good thing or not but that's a discussion for another day.

Also, am I wrong if I mentally read everything you post in a bad 80's-era Russian accent (even though you're allegedly German)? :happy:

Whatever pleases you. It's inaccurate like your accent-imagination but since it fits your thought you can imagine me to look like this

mp-rocky-4.jpg

cyka blyat
(no offense just to make your imagination complete)

Edit: And actually I lived in the sovjet controlled part of Germany the first years of my life

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

I missed that.  What did he say?

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

What'd he say? I've blocked out all SB coverage, makes me sick.

The media questioned him on whether if it was a mistake passing the ball in field goal range with the lead. He kept saying we can't take the sack and hold on offense. The media asked him the same question again, and the a***** said he didn't want Matt Bryant to kick a 50 yard field goal. Lol! The ball was on the 22 yard line which equates to a 39 yard field goal. Matt Bryant is 28-31 for field goals between 40-49 yards for his entire career. Its on ESPN's website. The guy is such a douche!

• Like 2

Never understood the whole "F- ________(insert coach/player)"  When that player or coach got you there with a historical performance or coaching job.  Talk about no loyalty or appreciation.  Same type of people to divorce a spouse because they get sick.  

Don't think its going to take eighteen years to get back this time. Believe only injuries could absolutely prevent us from another run for it in the next four or five years, or of course playing for the NFC championship in Seattle. Twelfth man and all that. I do worry about Dallas now as well.

4 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Never understood the whole "F- ________(insert coach/player)"  When that player or coach got you there with a historical performance or coaching job.  Talk about no loyalty or appreciation.  Same type of people to divorce a spouse because they get sick.  

Um, that's kind of an overreaction don't you think?

I think the only time I'd say f-coach/player is if the guy acts like a dbag after the fact.  The OC is moving on to a new job so it's seemingly bush league to crap on the players and blame them on the way out the door.  IOW, I think he earned some folks' f-you.

If he'd simply had a bad game and handled it respectfully, I don't think many would be crapping on him to a high degree.

20 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Edit: And actually I lived in the sovjet controlled part of Germany the first years of my life

Ah, I see.  So you do speak like a Russian?  Ok, Herr Comrade.

• Premium Member

I literally did not sleep last night and had to take the day off from work. I just laid in bed thinking 28-3 and with only 2 minutes left in the 3rd and we lost the Super Bowl. This is the most epic fail letdown in sports history. Only an Atlanta team could do this to its fans. Only Atlanta.

• Like 4