• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

February 23 2017- How Do you feel about this team going forward for the rest of the season and playoffs???

Wurider05

My gut is telling me that we are going to the ECF.  I think that with these last 26 games were are going to go 18-8. remember we haven't played our best ball yet.  I think that the teams ahead of us have peaked already. Go Hawks!!!!!:MooseGoggles:

How do you guys  honestly feel going forward?

Edited by Wurider05

• Premium Member

The Hawks will be better going forward because of Ersan's versatility and ability to stretch the floor. They still won't make it past the 2nd Round though to be completely honest. They absolutely needed to do more than what they did at the deadline to make it into and out of the ECFs. And these reports from C-Viv about the Hawks "almost" pulling off major deals are of no comfort. The Hawks put out that same lame story every year after the deadline. We knew how these past few days were going to play out and we know how this season is going to end.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

My gut is telling me that we are going to the ECF.  I think that with these last 26 games were are going to go 18-8. remember we haven't played our best ball yet.  I think that the teams ahead of us have peaked already. Go Hawks!!!!!:MooseGoggles:

How do you guys  honestly feel going forward?

Unless we get a another capable PG and a serviceable center.........

Unless Baze is better...........

Unless this team  is consistent.............

It'll be just play out the season.

Ask again if we fill the 2 roster spots with more than Lamar and/or a scrub.

I think Ersan will be a nice addition and I expect Dwight to kick it up a notch in the playoffs. Those two things make me think we can play better ball and win a series or two. It really just depends how the 3pt shooting is going. If we can hit our shots at a decent clip or just avoid getting slaughtered on the other end from deep then we're a very competitive team. I would feel a lot more confident if we added someone like Deron or Bogut, though.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, High5 said:

I think Ersan will be a nice addition and I expect Dwight to kick it up a notch in the playoffs. Those two things make me think we can play better ball and win a series or two. It really just depends how the 3pt shooting is going. If we can hit our shots at a decent clip or just avoid getting slaughtered on the other end from deep then we're a very competitive team. I would feel a lot more confident if we added someone like Deron or Bogut, though.  

Adding a guard (Jack or Williams) would go a long way.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unless we get a another capable PG and a serviceable center.........

Unless Baze is better...........

Unless this team  is consistent.............

It'll be just play out the season.

Ask again if we fill the 2 roster spots with more than Lamar and/or a scrub.

We didn't do either...............but got the scrubs.

They will go to the playoffs and aren't tanking like the Braves. For an ATL team that is pretty good. If they happen to make a deep playoff run I can only hope they don't choke like the Falcons.

I swore off the Braves for tanking and am done with the Falcons due to the historic choke job in the SB. So the Hawks are the last ATL team I'll,follow for now. If they tank next year or pull a collasal choke job I'm done with ATL sports for good.

Edited by swanlee

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

They will go to the playoffs and aren't tanking like the Braves. For an ATL team that is pretty good. If they happen to make a deep playoff run I can only hope they don't choke like the Falcons.

I swore off the Braves for tanking and am done with the Falcons due to the historic choke job in the SB. So the Hawks are the last ATL team I'll,follow for now. If they tank next year or pull a collasal choke job I'm done with ATL sports for good.

What a crappy fan. Sure these ATL teams will kick you in the nuts repeatedly, but once one of them gets over the hump what a day it will be in downtown Atlanta. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hawkman said:

And these reports from C-Viv about the Hawks "almost" pulling off major deals are of no comfort. The Hawks put out that same lame story every year after the deadline.

Actually, while I would agree, it's only results that matter, I don't really recall seeing the stories about who was trying to make big moves being about the Hawks. To the contrary, the stories about the Hawks in recent years have been about their preference for stability, as far as I remember. It's not great comfort, and it's not actual progress, but there is something ever-so-slightly good in knowing that reports are coming in that say they're trying.

• Like 1

The NBA is not a league in which you can just get red hot in the playoffs and it'll work, you legitimately have to be one of the most talented teams in the league. I guess you can somewhat compare the Spurs to the Patriots, but the thing is, they were legitimately talented and it wasn't just their fundamentals.

In the NFL and MLB just getting red hot can often work. It hasn't really come together for the Falcons yet (they're a young team, unlike the Hawks) but they got red hot (if its another team the deal is finished). Like, because of how the Falcons young defense was failing to learn how to play good defense outside of man to man, Quinn took over the job in the middle of the season and fired his DC.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Addressing the original question, for maybe the 47th time, what I've been saying since June 2016... this season will end up according to how our lead rookie fares. If he starts getting minutes as expected, I can't say just how much of an impact I believe a solid SF in even just the DMC tradition would be to this roster. It's a game changer. It has ripple effects up and down the depth chart.

Then, I bemoaned a couple of times already this season that there is no 2015 Mike Scott-like booster rocket coming off the bench. Excited to say, and it seems most here would agree, I think we just landed something even better than 2015 Mike Scott. That's got the potential to make our second unit decidedly better offensively, and to impact the 4th quarter in a way that we hadn't been able to for too long.

We do need a legit 3rd PG whose talent can push Delaney for 2nd string minutes. We do still need a legit 5 able to give Dwight some legit rest. Signing Patterson doesn't satisfy the former, and Kelly nor Ily nor Moose can deliver on the latter. (In my dreams? In my dreams, MIL decides to buy-out my guy Spencer Hawes, and we scoop him up, and JJack's back to full health and returns to the roster, all by that March 1 date that Bud casually mentioned in his remarks to C-Viv.)

Verdict: It's a cop out, but ask me after Prince has played 20 games. Until then, there just isn't a fair and rational assessment that I feel can be made.

We're gong to be at least slightly better in the remaining games just by virtue of having replaced unusable parts (Splitter and Scott) with usable ones--at least one, in particular, a highly usable one... but as everyone knows, we also have a stronger challenge in front of us as the season winds down. So, we might have a .500 record over the last games, but a palpably better team heading into the playoffs. I think we can finish anywhere from #7 to #2. And our playoff result is just as wide a range... could be a first round exit, could be a ECF finals competitor again.

• Like 2

I love that we signed 2 useless guys to fill the roster as it forces more playing time on Bembry and Prince. Those 2 are the keys to our season. If they're ready for real minutes come playoff time then we have a legit shot at betting this Cavs team. We are undoubtedly better suited for winning in the playoffs this year than we have been in any season in this run and the Cavs certainly aren't the Cavs of the past 2 years. The road through Boston and Toronto won't be easy but I like our chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I love that we signed 2 useless guys to fill the roster as it forces more playing time on Bembry and Prince.

Right, but I don't know that signing "useful" guys necessarily keeps that from happening, depending on the definition of "useful." And I just have to think these guys are placeholders unless/until better alternatives emerge over the next week or so... costs little in actuality to pay them the rest of the year, but allows Bud some cushion if an injury occurred before that better alternative does so.

32 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Those 2 are the keys to our season. If they're ready for real minutes come playoff time then we have a legit shot at betting this Cavs team. We are undoubtedly better suited for winning in the playoffs this year than we have been in any season in this run and the Cavs certainly aren't the Cavs of the past 2 years. The road through Boston and Toronto won't be easy but I like our chances.

Yep. No doubt.

This season depends on Schröder. I think he is capable of taking it to another level. 

Random thought for the offseason. Are we really planning on locking up THJ and having him and baze lock up 35 million of our cap when they play the same position? I was hoping to see one of them moved (preferably baze) this deadline.