• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What should this team do this off-season?

NBASupes

Hope for a superstar in the draft.  Is no one interested in Harry Giles? He definitely has superstar potential if he stays healthy.  Also, the nets second round pick is VERY valuable, we can get a pretty decent player on a nonguarenteed contract.  Probably a backup point or a guy that can score. 

Trade Bazemore at all costs. Kenny A. please help us out. See if we can go after one of Denver's SF with the cap space. 

Resign THjr.

Resign Milsap -  I'm not sure they will resign Sap during free agency.  There may be a wink wink deal to get an extension worked out during the season.  That way the Hawks will have max cap space to work with during free agency which isn't very much in the first place.

Resign Ilyasova 

Sign Mason Plumlee as back up center

Send walking papers to all other free agents, Delaney and replace with young players.  -  too sleepy to go into all that detail.

Think we would be eating 2.5 million next year with Delaney if we say bye bye which is better than him actually getting minutes on the floor in our jersey of course. Can't see how anyone takes him in a trade for next season even in some kind of package. Thats with me thinking there is not a team option on his contract next year but I'm not sure. Like everyone else, just don't want to see him on the floor anymore. Similar difficulty with Baze, don't know who would take him until he is an expiring. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Think we would be eating 2.5 million next year with Delaney if we say bye bye which is better than him actually getting minutes on the floor in our jersey of course. Can't see how anyone takes him in a trade for next season even in some kind of package. Thats with me thinking there is not a team option on his contract next year but I'm not sure. Like everyone else, just don't want to see him on the floor anymore. Similar difficulty with Baze, don't know who would take him until he is an expiring. 

If Baze has a good playoffs someone will get interested.   But then if that happens Bud won't part with him.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JTB said:

I want this lineup:

pg- Dennis 

sg-Jimmy Butler 

sf-Paul George 

pf-Sap

c-Howard 

Get that shit done Budcox.....no excuses! ;)

That would be awesome.  Of course our bench would look like this:

teen-wolf-1985-00.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, marco102 said:

There may be a wink wink deal to get an extension worked out during the season.  That way the Hawks will have max cap space to work with during free agency which isn't very much in the first place.

I think the deadline is today for extensions. In order for the Hawks and Millsap to Renegotiate and Extend his current contract - the Hawks would need to have capsapce this season - which they don't.  He has a player option of $21.4 mil for next season which I think he would need to first pick up before he can be extended.   

His cap hold his $30 million if he doesn't pick up the option.  The max he can sign for in year 1 is $35 million.

There is no reason for Millsap to sign an extension when he can make more and for longer by opting out.

15 hours ago, AHF said:

That trade for Melo just makes me have to remind people:  Baze is a negative asset like Mike Scott.  You don't get value for that - you give value so someone will take them.  Delaney is in the same bucket.  Bembry for Melo doesn't work in terms of value so adding two toxic deals to that only makes it worse.

Maybe. I don't think Delaney is negative because of how cheap he is. We could give a pick if we had to. The reason I say go for it is no other team seems to have a real interest in Melo. The Clippers deal for example was much worse than the one I proposed IMO. You may be right, but I think we undersell Bazemore a bit. He's youngish and can defend, that counts for something.

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Delaney is worse than guys who are getting minimum salary and he is getting 2.5x times that.  He is absolutely a toxic asset.  Who wants a PG in his prime who is suspect on D, not a great passer or creater, and is one of the worst perimeter shooters in the league?

I tried to warn y'all but noooo.  "kg's just a bitter GT fan."  Blah, blah, blah ... the guy's 'thing' is shooting stepback long 2's.

How in the heyul did they actually see him play and decide he was an answer to any question we're asking?

2 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

He's youngish and can defend, that counts for something.

Baze has shown he can defend many backup level SGs and off and on some starting SGs for minutes at a time but unfortunately Bud plays him at both SG and SF and seems to consistently consider him starting material at both. Thats not all Baze's fault but for the existing price tag he carries we are not underselling him, he is underperforming many more games than not for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Sap wants to explore FA and will most likely walk.

Blow it up and try like hell to get a superstar type player in the draft any way possible. Rebuild with the very few quality pieces you have and actually try to build a winner. The defense has been good, but man this offense has been terrible.

I would be happy with this lineup next year. 

Dennis

Tim

Prince

Rookie

Below average vet

With us getting a 2nd for Bazemore, a 1st for Dwight, etc. I don't mind keeping Bazemore, he's a tank commander anyway. 

In 2018, draft DeAndre Ayton

In 2019, draft Zion Williamson or Marvin Bagley III

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

Hawks ownership/management just jacked up the ticket prices. I don't see them tanking.

Its what SHOULD this team do this off season, not what WILL this team do this off season..lol.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Move 1. Millsap to Miami, Denver or Phoenix. His choice, not ours.

Move 2. Ask Dwight if he's down for the rebuilding campaign. If he's not, trade him to Indiana, Portland or Phoenix for a mid 1st round pick.

Move 3. Resign Tim. This should take our cap space. Also resign Edy and Lamar.

Move 4. Look into getting younger players no one wants like Ben McLemore and others for cheap. 

Move 5. Watch and see us get a top 3 pick and the worst record. 

Move 6. Draft Doncic, Porter Jr or Ayton. Maybe Bamba. Get a top tier prospect who has potential to be elite. 

Move 7. Keep development going at an elite clip.

2019, get Zion Williamson, Romeo Langford or Marvin Bagley III.

Contend for the next decade.

21 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I agree on Jimmy Butler.  We need him here.  Give Chicago WHATEVER they want for him.  Then resign Sap.  Dwight/Sap/Butler would be a formidable front court.

I don't like this Atlanta reload strategy as this team is flawed but I would be more open to trading the house for Butler than anyone else as of late March with the Hawks on a 7 game skid.

He's a SG/SF, works well with Tim Hardaway Jr and he has three more years on his deal. That being said, I am not trading no picks pass the end of his contract. 

I am not sure this is enough to impress Chicago.

I am not interested in bringing in Paul George at this stage. He's basically free to walk with no time to convince him to stay. If we got him in All Star Break. We would have had time to make changes in the offseason to make the next leap. As it stands, if he's not willing to do an extension this offseason, it's not work it for us.

I just have little faith in anything else outside of rebuilding. I just don't think Sap, Butler and Dennis is enough. We would need Prince to come into his own.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3