• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't look now

Alex

9 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Yes, because pick #14 is THAT MUCH better than #15 or #16 

I will never root for my team to lose. Never. But that,of course, is just me.

I like the concept of drafting because it is a way to prevent the biggest teams from getting all the good youngsters and helps minor markets (by the way my favorite soccer club plays in the 3rd division in Germany...) but I really really hate the concept of tanking. Only Americans love winning so much so that they agree to lose on purpose, only to get a very small chance of winning it all....

• Like 2

• Moderators

Magic Stiff-Arm Number Updates! Looks to me like it's all up to Miami now.

11. Detroit (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 1)

@ HOU, @ MEM, vs WAS, @ ORL

10. Charlotte (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 1)

vs BOS, @ MIL, @ ATL

9. Indiana (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 4)

vs MIL, @ ORL, @ PHI, vs ATL

8. Miami (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 4)

@ TOR, @ WAS, vs CLE, vs WAS

7. Chicago (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 3)

@ PHI, @ BKN, vs ORL, vs BKN

~lw3

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Yes, because pick #14 is THAT MUCH better than #15 or #16 

I will never root for my team to lose. Never. But that,of course, is just me.

We had the 15th pick in 2015. Turned out to be a 13 men draft. Who was 13th, Devin Booker. So yes, one or two slots matters. When Giannis went 15th and we had a promise, if we had that pick, Giannis would be a Hawk. So yes, it matters. 

The Knicks went on a late winning streak in 08. Golden jumped them in L's. Who did Golden draft that the Knicks promised. Steph Curry. 

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Think we'll find out on our court how bad we want that confrontation in the playoffs tonight. Hope Sap is very ready for this battle.

I agree ....wait so if we want the matchup, do we win or lose tonight? Lol. Things are getting even tighter. The teams sitting in the 7th, 8th and 9th spots are only 1.5 games behind. The 5th place Bucks are .5 in front of us.

I think if we really wanted a chance to face the Celtics, we drop this game. However then you are playing with fire and could end up being the 9th place team when it's all said n done. I'm sure a bunch of people here would love that. lol.

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Still hard to believe that Minnesota took not one but two consecutive point guards immediately before Curry was drafted.

I loved Curry in the draft and would have takin him #4 if I had be the Kings. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and I never imagined Curry would be this great but I remember loving the fact that he was one of the best shooters in the draft and that his Dad Dell was an NBA player and a deadeye shooter.

To be honest though, I also like Jonny Flynn. I felt like he had the NBA "look" to him and a that he was a rich man's Shammond Williams. Lol.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Still hard to believe that Minnesota took not one but two consecutive point guards immediately before Curry was drafted.

There was also some hot rumors back then that Steve Kerr, the GM of the Suns loved Curry and was hoping to put together a package of Amare Stoudamire+ parts to grab Curry. Maybe Kerr loved him and knew the impact he would have on the game more than anyone.

Personally, my only concern for Curry was that if he was physical enough for the league. I thought there would be a ceiling on his talents just because he would get pushed around. Apparently he has the functional strength necessary for the rigors of the league.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I agree ....wait so if we want the matchup, do we win or lose tonight? Lol. Things are getting even tighter. The teams sitting in the 7th, 8th and 9th spots are only 1.5 games behind. The 5th place Bucks are .5 in front of us.

I think if we really wanted a chance to face the Celtics, we drop this game. However then you are playing with fire and could end up being the 9th place team when it's all said n done. I'm sure a bunch of people here would love that. lol.

Regardless of seeding there is no way I wanna lose to the Cs tonight.

I hope we aren't wearing the blue/green throwbacks tonight - we haven't won in them.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Regardless of seeding there is no way I wanna lose to the Cs tonight.

I hope we aren't wearing the blue/green throwbacks tonight - we haven't won in them.

Ya I feel ya ...I want to get into the playoffs but as a 7th seed and I know I'm playing with fire if I want us to lose tonight because 1.5 games ahead of 7th,8th,and 9th could leave you on the outside looking in which I absolutely do NOT want.

And we have a back to back coming up against the Cavs...if we lose tonight and get swept by the Cavs we would pretty much be fighting for a 7th or 8th seed based on the Bulls, Heat and Pacers outcomes.

Ya, we might actually need to win tonight. Lol. 

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Why the need to rehash that draft?  We were both there in the chat for that collective meltdown.  I suppose the basketball gods have given us a small measure of repayment by making Lawson trash and Curry a 2x MVP.  Suck it, Minny!*

*but not too much, just enough so we can get your pick next year, preferably in the low teens.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Why the need to rehash that draft?  We were both there in the chat for that collective meltdown.  I suppose the basketball gods have given us a small measure of repayment by making Lawson trash and Curry a 2x MVP.  Suck it, Minny!*

*but not too much, just enough so we can get your pick next year, preferably in the low teens.

Snooty and shmart eh? Oh Jesus I'm starting to write like @kg01...

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Few players have fallen off as quickly as Lawson.  I think his downfall is completely between the ears and in the liver.

Harsh...

But I believe even then we recognized that Teague had the better long-term potential but Lawson was just perfect for that core at the time.  A rookie that Woody would have trusted because he could shoot the ball and a PG that would have added an extra wrinkle to the offense with his ability to make it past halfcourt in under 15 seconds and penetrate into the paint.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Harsh...

But I believe even then we recognized that Teague had the better long-term potential but Lawson was just perfect for that core at the time.  A rookie that Woody would have trusted because he could shoot the ball and a PG that would have added an extra wrinkle to the offense with his ability to make it past halfcourt in under 15 seconds and penetrate into the paint.

I had more confidence in Lawson long-term because I didn't think Teague was much of a passer/playmaker by nature.

10 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Does it make me a bad fan for rooting for the opponent the rest of the season?  I'm tired of playoff flame outs... Give me a lotto pick.

Welcome aboard!  All aboard the tank mobile!!  It makes you a realistic fan.  Nothing else.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Personally, my only concern for Curry was that if he was physical enough for the league. I thought there would be a ceiling on his talents just because he would get pushed around. Apparently he has the functional strength necessary for the rigors of the league.

Agree with the doubt everyone had about his build for the long haul. Those ankles were really scary early on. Wonder if he has contacted Lloyds of London about them yet.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Revised Magic Stiff-Arm Digits... ta-ta, Charlotte and Detroit! Playoff hopes hang by a thread for each of them, but they can't overtake the Hawks anymore.

It's still all up to Miami to make this clinching thing tougher on the Hawks going forward. No help from Philly or the Bucks tonight with the Bulls and Pacers, respectively. Milwaukee moves into these listings since they're back below the Hawks for the moment.

(hunch losses in BOLD)

9. Miami (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 3)

@ TOR, @ WAS, vs CLE, vs WAS

8. Indiana (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 3)

@ ORL, @ PHI, vs ATL

7. Chicago (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 2)

@ BKN, vs ORL, vs BKN

6. Milwaukee (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 3)

@ PHI, vs CHA, @ BOS

~lw3

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Agree with the doubt everyone had about his build for the long haul. Those ankles were really scary early on. Wonder if he has contacted Lloyds of London yet about them.

BALCO...friendly Vince will help ya out...get big, get cut, hide you injuries for 25 years we won't tell...