• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm just tired

DJlaysitup

14 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

I have missed many games this year - primarily because I am not a fan of our offense with Dennis in charge.  Don't get me wrong - I was never a HUGE fan of Jeff Teague either.  Personally I just got used to seeing a disciplined/unselfish team that played smart basketball that rose to the best height that the "Atlanta" Hawks had ever gotten to (ECFs)...and now are (expectedly - IMO) fading.

I think that PG play is HUGE in a "Bud" system and the powers that be decided that Dennis was going to be our "Tony Parker".  Granted I complained about Jeff Teague sulking sometimes - and to be fair he was a PG/SG Combo player drafted as the 7th PG in a VERY PG heavy  draft - but he at least ran the offense and we usually had a decent 2nd string PG.

As it stands now our PG play is haphazard at best.  Big plays and lots of turnovers.  I won't even mention the recent p!ssing contests/ego thingys that have risen up.

Bottom line is - I really don't enjoy watching this team like I did the 2014/2015 team. The team isn't as good and if Paul Millsap isn't in there we are average at best.

(note:  Paul Millsap has missed 6 games this year and the Hawks are 0-6 in those games...and Paul ain't getting any younger)    JMHO....DJ

The team peaked 2 seasons ago, Bud just hadn't figured it out yet. Putting bandaids on a sinking ship.

• Like 1

It wasn't the point in which Dennis got more PT, it was when the Kyle Korver offense was figured out that the offense was done being a good offense.

I won't excuse this game from either of the PGs, but, and I hate doing this again, Dwight just doesn't fit slashing players if he isn't able to consistently roll hard.

• Like 1

I think you are pretty much right Lurk...Bud just went off the reservation. Odd, since he set up the successful "process" and then brought in guys that didn't fit his previous process that was working.

It really makes no sense in my opinion.

but what do I know?

There is definitely a sense of fatigue in watching this team, @DJlaysitup.  I get the sense that they're just ready to get to the playoffs which is odd because it's not like they're the Warriors or something where the regular season doesn't matter much.

I said a few days ago that one of the issues I see with this team is multiple timelines going concurrently.  Howard/Sap are on a different timeline than the rest of the roster.  If everyone were on Dennis' timeline, it's be a lot easier to watch them make mistakes.

I don't know, the problem is it's not like we can just "blow it up".  It's nowhere near that simple.  If we trade Howard .. after all the fanfare ... that'd actually be more devastating than keeping him.

I said it in the podcast a year ago, Dennis will struggle without Al Horford if Al ever wasn't around. His game is dominated by the PnR and we do not have someone who can run it with any efficiency. Outside of that, Dennis really isn't good. 

I hope Paul walks and we trade Dwight. I could care less about Bazemore. 

• Like 1

This team is kinda stuck. They need to at the very least, take a step back for one full season and put off their window to later but I watched the fallout from the Braves blowup and needless to say, the Georgia/Atlanta folk were angry.

Need better assistants again, a different GM, a different philosophy in the draft, etc.

@Diesel, didn't you swear up and down that Dwight PnR will be better than Al's... Didn't you say Al doesn't run the PnR, only the PnP. It seems like Dwight don't even dive hard or set decent screens like I said. You been quite as a mouse of late. Time for you to own up and say Supes was right all along. I don't care about Al as much anymore but I will always want to you admit that Supes is always right when it comes to you and me. Got it. 

I tired to warn you, Dwight isn't the same Dwight but you didn't believe me. He got 16 and 14 tonight and looked terrible on the glass if the ball didn't come directly to him. He doesn't create space, he takes it and his back to the basket skills is trash like I said it was. 

1 hour ago, DJlaysitup said:

I have missed many games this year - primarily because I am not a fan of our offense with Dennis in charge.  Don't get me wrong - I was never a HUGE fan of Jeff Teague either.  Personally I just got used to seeing a disciplined/unselfish team that played smart basketball that rose to the best height that the "Atlanta" Hawks had ever gotten to (ECFs)...and now are (expectedly - IMO) fading.

I think that PG play is HUGE in a "Bud" system and the powers that be decided that Dennis was going to be our "Tony Parker".  Granted I complained about Jeff Teague sulking sometimes - and to be fair he was a PG/SG Combo player drafted as the 7th PG in a VERY PG heavy  draft - but he at least ran the offense and we usually had a decent 2nd string PG.

As it stands now our PG play is haphazard at best.  Big plays and lots of turnovers.  I won't even mention the recent p!ssing contests/ego thingys that have risen up.

Bottom line is - I really don't enjoy watching this team like I did the 2014/2015 team. The team isn't as good and if Paul Millsap isn't in there we are average at best.

(note:  Paul Millsap has missed 6 games this year and the Hawks are 0-6 in those games...and Paul ain't getting any younger)    JMHO....DJ

Damn.  When you write a post in blood, you know it's serious and you mean it.

• Like 4

I hate to use the little thing quote but a little thing of Howard not jumping on a rebound attempt he should've gotten in the fourth was brutal and just not as noticeable as the final possession.

Really the more energetic team switched to Washington immediately in the second half but the charge was held off by some tough plays until a bad call.

Edited by Lurker

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Howard/Sap are on a different timeline than the rest of the roster.  If everyone were on Dennis' timeline, it's be a lot easier to watch them make mistakes.

You've been learning a ton from me haven't you? I'm so proud Cul!

14 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You've been learning a ton from me haven't you? I'm so proud Cul!

I have learned a lot from you.  You are a waddling, talking cautionary tale for why I should eat my veggies rather than deep fried butter sticks for lunch.

Heh, that was kinda mean.

On a serious note, is no one going to query @DJlaysitup on his real whereabouts the past few months?  It was the skunk, then the dead body then a strange hiatus.  Hmmmmm

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have learned a lot from you.  You are a waddling, talking cautionary tale for why I should eat my veggies rather than deep fried butter sticks for lunch.

Heh, that was kinda mean.

On a serious note, is no one going to query @DJlaysitup on his real whereabouts the past few months?  It was the skunk, then the dead body then a strange hiatus.  Hmmmmm

Keep the sac safe!

IMG_9256.GIF

On 3/23/2017 at 0:44 AM, NBASupes said:

I tired to warn you, Dwight isn't the same Dwight but you didn't believe me. He got 16 and 14 tonight and looked terrible on the glass if the ball didn't come directly to him. He doesn't create space, he takes it and his back to the basket skills is trash like I said it was. 

Given that Al got that many rebounds in a four game series, I don't think I'd make too much of an issue about it.

• Like 2