• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm dizzy thanks. You should have warned the 40+crowd so that we could take a seat before looking at all the pretty colors lol.

It's not just the old-heads.  I firmly believe the lack of responses in this thread are due to folks passing out.

@High5 is evil.  Using Baze to get back at everyone.

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

AS A WEAPON!!!! 

THE MADNESS!!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!

Kint Bazemore aka the Weapon of Mass Destruction (of the Hawks)

Courtesy of @High5 the Evil One

.... the horror ....

This isn't putrid Philadelphia like the last couple of seasons, even without uber prospect (if he is able to stay healthy) Embiid. You can make a good argument that they're quite a bit better than Brooklyn and Atlanta recently finished a blowout loss vs Brooklyn, so...

I am not saying that they are a good team though, they're bad and the Suns game was inexcusably bad and is a loss vs the rest of the league.

The Wizards and Bucks games were mainly about young guards not knowing how to close a game well, alone. They may have been losses, but they were much better games than the last two. They were bad games. Rock bottom type games for three straight.

2 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Still not a good sign that this game was so close. I mean, I know I am preaching to the choir, but even with Paul out this should have been a blowout. Not the trajectory for the skrong playoff showing that @Spud2Nique has me all convinced to expect.

Lol...I hope you aren't automatically expecting an easy ride against any opponent in the playoffs. I just think we are better built for the playoffs than the last couple of seasons despite the regular season record. Added a couple of "real" tough guys in Taurean and Ersan and have a much better anchor in the middle in Dwight than Alice. 

We have had our bumps and bruises but I think we are finally starting to come around just in time. If our injured guys can come back with a few games to go we could be ready to be a tough playoff matchup for anyone in my opinion. I'm very anxious to see this squad in the playoffs this year. I feel like we won't get bullied around as much as we did in years past. Were we a better passing team? Possibly. But it also showed that we weren't going to win in that style of play. If something isn't working a certain way, you gonna tweak it and we did. I think we will be ready and play hard and that's really all I can ask for at this point.

GO HAWKS!