• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if we DO get by Washington?

NERMAN

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I like your optimism almost as much as the avatar, although I don't share it.  Welcome to the Squawk, homey.

lmao this was so perfect because your avatar is bugging out.

EDIT:  Oops, and then I realized u meant his avatar and not yours.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This has been a literal roller coaster season.  We had up and down stretches of games and we had up and down games in between those stretches.  Who knows what team will show up Wednesday...or any given game from here on out for that matter.  At our best, I do like our chances at the ECF's though.  We'd see Boston in the 2nd and they've never been scary to me - especially knowing who Horford has proven himself to be in big games.

As for this series, before the playoffs even started, I felt like this series would hinge on game 2.  I think that splitting the games in Washington is good, but it'd be great to have momentum on our side by winning game 2.  Won't mean anything if this team can't figure out who they are though.

Welcome to the Squawk BTW.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Wretch said:

This has been a literal roller coaster season.  We had up and down stretches of games and we had up and down games in between those stretches.  Who knows what team will show up Wednesday...or any given game from here on out for that matter.  At our best, I do like our chances at the ECF's though.  We'd see Boston in the 2nd and they've never been scary to me - especially knowing who Horford has proven himself to be in big games.

As for this series, before the playoffs even started, I felt like this series would hinge on game 2.  I think that splitting the games in Washington is good, but it'd be great to have momentum on our side by winning game 2.  Won't mean anything if this team can't figure out who they are though.

Welcome to the Squawk BTW.

Yes.  Game 2 is huge.   Frankly I don't feel that bad about game 1.   I think the Hawks should feel like the Wiz are definitely beatable if we go out and execute.   The only thing scary is the wiz shot 28% from 3 and still won.   Other than that they didn't put a lot of fear in me that we can't beat them.   A few tweaks and a couple guys, who are both looking for big paydays, pulling their head out their arse and we should be good to take one. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  Game 2 is huge.   Frankly I don't feel that bad about game 1.   I think the Hawks should feel like the Wiz are definitely beatable if we go out and execute.   The only thing scary is the wiz shot 28% from 3 and still won.   Other than that they didn't put a lot of fear in me that we can't beat them.   A few tweaks and a couple guys, who are both looking for big paydays, pulling their head out their arse and we should be good to take one. 

I feel the same. Like in other years if we lost game one, we would lose it in a bad way that showed no hope for the future of the series. I don't feel the same about this series and I think we are strong enough to win two or three games in a row over this Wiz team.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I feel the same. Like in other years if we lost game one, we would lose it in a bad way that showed no hope for the future of the series. I don't feel the same about this series and I think we are strong enough to win two or three games in a row over this Wiz team.

Agreed.  The Wiz don't scare me at all.  The Hawks played like crap.  I don't expect to see a performance like that again this series.  Bud will probably have to make a key adjustment to win the series though, whether it be playing Thabo instead of Dunleavy ( for his defense ), or giving the tougher Humphries some minutes over Moose.

Again, Humphries is awful at everything lmao. I don't care that he had a "good" Cleveland series last spring, that was a good series out of left field. He's trash and will change jack diddly squat if he plays.

This isn't a good matchup. It's a good matchup in theory for the frontcourt, but it sneakily isn't as big of a win as you'd think. Howard should win in the stats but he's going to lose big in what matters against Gortat and Morris always gets parked in the middle of Millsap's head.

Unless Millsap sits down and shuts up, this is a Wiz sweep or in 5 in just as embarrassing fashion as Toronto from 2015.

Edited by Lurker

Washington shot terribly from three which should surprise us all.  The Hawks lived at the free throw line and had a big advantage from the charity stripe.  That is the only reason this game wasn't a blowout.  Don't get used to living at the line...the Hawks are a soft team that played remarkably stupid and it was the reason they lost.  Washington took 22 more field goal attempts than the Hawks did.  

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

Washington shot terribly from three which should surprise us all.  The Hawks lived at the free throw line and had a big advantage from the charity stripe.  That is the only reason this game wasn't a blowout.  Don't get used to living at the line...the Hawks are a soft team that played remarkably stupid and it was the reason they lost.  Washington took 22 more field goal attempts than the Hawks did.  

Living at the line is what got the Hawks back into the game.  Had they kept getting to the FT line, they would've won the game.

The Hawks do have to make more shots though.  Specifically Hardaway Jr, who is getting a complete pass from most fans right now, with the focus being on Millsap and Dwight.

Hardaway isn't getting $15 a year, let alone 15 million, a year if he plays like he played on Sunday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Agreed.  The Wiz don't scare me at all.  The Hawks played like crap.  I don't expect to see a performance like that again this series.  Bud will probably have to make a key adjustment to win the series though, whether it be playing Thabo instead of Dunleavy ( for his defense ), or giving the tougher Humphries some minutes over Moose.

You don't expect to see another performance like that again this series? Has an entire season of it happening time and time again not shown you the truth? The Whiz played to roughly their season standards in terms of offense and they really only played 2.5 good quarters and still did what they did. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You don't expect to see another performance like that again this series? Has an entire season of it happening time and time again not shown you the truth? The Whiz played to roughly their season standards in terms of offense and they really only played 2.5 good quarters and still did what they did. 

source.gif

6 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

lmao this was so perfect because your avatar is bugging out.

EDIT:  Oops, and then I realized u meant his avatar and not yours.

Bruh I got used to not having one.  I'm going early Ghostface Killah on y'all. 

Looks like CHI is taking it to BOS. Just started the 4th quarter and Chicago up 12. 

I really wanted to play Boston and ruin their *glorious* #1 seed season. Although them getting wiped out by a #8 seed would still be pretty good for me. I would take it.

edit: I recognize that beating Was is goal no. 1, but even if we lost but Boston lost too I would see that as a silver lining.

Edited by LamarHampton

18 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Although them getting wiped out by a #8 seed would still be pretty good for me.

An beat down by the Bulls would be EPIC.  C'mon Chicago, lol.