• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sign in here if you hope Boston stomps Washington

Alex

NOPE.  NOT ME.

Why, oh why would I, in any way or manner, become a Celtic fan?  Heaven forbid.

Seems that I remember Zaza facing off against Boston.

Seems that I remember a certain Hawk, who left Atlanta for Boston because their

fans are far superior to any Hawk fans.

Too much bad blood to forget.

GO WASHINGTON !

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Too much bad blood to forget.

Remembering back to Havlicek drowning us with those unathletic looking set bank shots to no end. Couldn't stand them then, can't stand them now. We'll always have plenty of reasons.

Like I said a couple weeks ago, even if he doesn't do anything special, Morris is the difference between the 2015 Wizards and this year's Wizards. If he is not there, their big lineup is still similar to the 2015 Wizards, doing a two center lineup is never great, and Oubre is not very good.

Boston has the rabbit in a hat that the Hawks did in 2015 if Morris doesn't return.

Edited by Lurker

5 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

Alice has 5 offensive rebounds..... in one game.

He had 0 in last year's series vs Cavs (in 132 minutes)

Inconceivable!! So who said life is fair, where is that written?

Horford: 1 Atlanta Hawks: 0

It doesn't justify him not trying here the last two seasons, but he is having near triple doubles in the 2nd round while this team sitting home listening to Howard do what he always does.

Man, Budcox screwed up bad.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

This is for different threads already discussing stuff like it, but word around the block is Howard might have been forced onto Bud by Ressler, which isn't good news anyway and means that what I've said regardless of what you do this summer is true, that Bud needs to step down as president and Wilcox needs to be reassigned.

If the owner feels that its necessary to step around a GM/president regime that is...not good.

Oh yeah, on this series, I don't particularly care about who wins, but let's say I'm rooting for Boston to lose. Washington going to the ECF would mean for a less loud media than Boston and neither of these teams are winning anything anyway.

• Like 1

Morris going down killed them, but still doesn't justify a 30 point tunraround.  If the Wiz are healthy I'm still going with them but the Sees do have much better transition D and three point shooting than us and the premium scorer that we don't have.  I can't get on board with the Thomas hate, little dude is a warrior.  Their guards also tear through screens.  Odds are Al has had his best game by far in the series.

Honestly, I could care less.

Both teams are equally hated in my opinion.  And then you have Cleveland.

So what now?  Root for Toronto to get to the NBA Finals?

At this point, I'm kind of hoping for Cleveland vs Golden State III.  It'll be good for the league to see those 2 teams battle for the title again.  After that, maybe the new blood can take over, or at least knock one of them off of the mountaintop.

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

This is for different threads already discussing stuff like it, but word around the block is Howard might have been forced onto Bud by Ressler, which isn't good news anyway and means that what I've said regardless of what you do this summer is true, that Bud needs to step down as president and Wilcox needs to be reassigned.

If the owner feels that its necessary to step around a GM/president regime that is...not good.

Budcox still deserves some blame for Horford and how the situation was handled even if Ressler wanted Howard. The offseason was handled poorly regardless and I think was indicative of having an assistant GM resigning shortly after. Even so, why would you want Bud to step down if he hasn't even had "full control" yet? Just to be clear, I am in favor of Bud only being a coach, but I think I would rather have Bud as President rather than having Wilcox as GM by himself if those were my only options.

59 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Budcox still deserves some blame for Horford and how the situation was handled even if Ressler wanted Howard.

Think it depends how you look at it. Al really wanted around thirty million per and it seemed evident that him at C was going to put us in the same place. Bowing out to the Cavs. So putting him at PF made since with bringing in a rebounder but not at his desired price with the expense of Dwight coming to town. Don't like how it went but understand why it went, Al was connected to Boston during the season last year so the odds were pretty stacked against us.

28 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Think it depends how you look at it. Al really wanted around thirty million per and it seemed evident that him at C was going to put us in the same place. Bowing out to the Cavs. So putting him at PF made since with bringing in a rebounder but not at his desired price with the expense of Dwight coming to town. Don't like how it went but understand why it went, Al was connected to Boston during the season last year so the odds were pretty stacked against us.

This has been discussed ad nauseam, but whatever. Based on reports, Al's final demand was $142M/5years ($28.4M/year). We said no. BTW the max for him was $154M. Instead we go with an older Dwight Howard for $70.5M/3years ($23.5M/year) and are now faced with an older Millsap's max of $209M/5years. I don't quite get to the understanding that you do in terms of how it was better to get Howard and lose Horford for nothing, then to sign Horford on a much, much better deal that Millsap will command this year. You can find rebounding help for a lot less than $23.5M per year and not have to completely sacrifice your offense in order to do so. Cap space wasn't an issue since we had Horford's Bird rights and could have even made room for him post the Howard signing if needed. Also, the thing about Boston and Horford is overblown... A guy who has played his entire career playing in Atlanta, then asking another player what it is like to play in one of the most historic basketball cities of all time. Doesn't seem that farfetched to me.

I'm not trying to say that signing Horford was the best move. But not signing Horford and then signing Howard instead was definitely not a smart move.

Edited by Bankingitbig

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Alice inquiring about BOS in-season was/is not overblown unless you assume that was where the conversion started and ended.

I'm sure IT even told him, "Hey, my boy Danny is gonna give you a max. You should come to BOS." Does that matter? Did we not know that Boston and other teams were going to offer a max? Wasn't that obvious? Did he really need IT to tell him that?

Point remains... The Hawks had the final say in terms of if they wanted Horford or not. Boston offered him $28.4M per year... He wanted to play for the Hawks for that same exact $28.4M per year and was willing to take a $10M paycut from his full max. That doesn't seem that unreasonable to me..... Instead Hawks management said no and wanted him to play for $27M per year and take a $16M paycut from his full max. This doesn't even take into the account the randomness that management was doing on the side in terms of Millsap and Howard that likely didn't make Horford happy.