• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Dwight Howard a starter next year?

GameTime

At the moment there is no other option at all. Dwight is the only big under contract. Yeah he starts but believe he will have to average less minutes moving forward looking at his stiffness and has had to miss back to backs for two or three years now pretty often. He averaged just shy of thirty minutes a game during the season and it was said the team would concentrate on keeping those minutes less before the season started. Now there appears to be no choice or he'll be in worse condition towards the end of next season. A busy offseason for Bud no doubt.

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

At the moment there is no other option at all. Dwight is the only big under contract. Yeah he starts but believe he will have to average less minutes moving forward looking at his stiffness and has had to miss back to backs for two or three years now pretty often. He averaged just shy of thirty minutes a game during the season and it was said the team would concentrate on keeping those minutes less before the season started. Now there appears to be no choice or he'll be in worse condition towards the end of the season. A busy offseason for Bud no doubt.

Got to get another impactful big this summer. That's the only fix. I'm holding out hope for melo or Griffin to play PF along with Sap. Howard can be used when needed when facing other traditional centers as far as starting and avg 25 minutes per game off the bench for most of the time and still give us 10/10 in 25 minutes I'm sure.

Edited by JTB

Should be Monroe'd or traded, but traded to who?

And "Monroe'd" worked out well for Milwaukee, but then if you "Monroe" him, than what do you do at C to help supplement it? That will take some thought. Perhaps there is a value center that's available for trade and you draft one of the good young big prospects.

I guess you could trade for Brook Lopez, but I'm not talking about a guy like him, am probably not willing to give up too much, and would it even fit in the cap without making some trades, I don't think so. Maybe John Henson is available after Maker's playoffs.

The hope would be said good young big prospect would eventually take over as starter, like we saw with Milwaukee.

Howard gets plenty of opportunities under the basket, but he can't even do something as simple as hold the basketball anymore. Most of the time when he gets the basketball underneath he gets stripped are his butterfingers take over. Bazemore is the "Butterfingers" player of the year.

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Should be Monroe'd or traded, but traded to who?

And "Monroe'd" worked out well for Milwaukee, but then if you "Monroe" him, than what do you do at C to help supplement it? That will take some thought. Perhaps there is a value center that's available for trade and you draft one of the good young big prospects.

I guess you could trade for Brook Lopez, but I'm not talking about a guy like him, am probably not willing to give up too much, and would it even fit in the cap without making some trades, I don't think so. Maybe John Henson is available after Maker's playoffs.

The hope would be said good young big prospect would eventually take over as starter, like we saw with Milwaukee.

We just need to draft Bam as the future starter. It's too hard to trade Dwight right now so I don't even think it should be a task this summer but we can trade bazemore. 

Some lazy thoughts:

1. Trade Kent Bazemore to Brooklyn so he can reunite with Kenny Atkinson. If it ends up being for nothing in return, it's no big deal.
2. Let most of the backup big men on the team walk. If Ersan Ilyasova can be had on a good deal, bring him back but if not, then see you later.
3. Try to acquire a value center through trade or FAgency. Who, I'm not sure. This is very tough to think of.
4. Pick your favorite big man prospect with the first round pick. My top three favorite are Collins (Gonzaga, not WF), Hartenstein, and Patton.
5. See if you can take a decent guard prospect (like Kostja Mushidi, but I doubt he'll be there) with the first second round pick.

• Like 1