• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hope to see Baze and Dwight on another team next year

Admin

9 hours ago, Thomas said:

Nick Anderson much?

That was 20 years ago though.  It just proves that both of us are getting old, to remember Nick Anderson.  I hope that's not Timmy Jr's fate . . . to be the next Nick Anderson.  Then again, Nick did have about 5 decent years in the NBA.  He just wasn't big time in the playoffs,

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

You're a nice guy, but lol... You're in denial about Howard.

It's Howard's fault that he didn't develop any passing skills or hardly any post moves. He has terrible hands also. He can't hold onto the ball when he does get it.

Oh, and he is starting to act out already. Just like he has done everyone else.

We all knew what Howard was when we first got him.  He wasn't the Dwight of 2009.   For a guy who is literally the #4 or #5 option in the offense, he did his job.  And honestly, he has a reason to voice his displeasure on the lack of touches he gets, seeing all of the bricks the other guys get to throw up.  Dwight's usage % in the regular season was 19.2%.  During the playoffs, that dipped considerably to 14.9%. 

Despite his faults, Dwight is still a top 10 center in the NBA.  The Hawks offense is built around shooting, even though most of these guys can't shoot.  Even you have said this in the past, and I agree with you.

• Like 1

Dwight will be here next year and Baze will be given until the trade deadline to show improvement. I wouldn't mind if Baze was traded earlier but is value is I the tank and the Hawks will give him another chance.

Can't believe someone suggested getting rid of Dennis. He was arguably our most consistently good player in this series. His decision making will be much better next year but he does need to work a bit on defense.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Dwight will be here next year and Baze will be given until the trade deadline to show improvement. I wouldn't mind if Baze was traded earlier but is value is I the tank and the Hawks will give him another chance.

Can't believe someone suggested getting rid of Dennis. He was arguably our most consistently good player in this series. His decision making will be much better next year but he does need to work a bit on defense.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If trading Dennis nets us a superstar, I'm all in. I like our young pieces (Dennis, Prince, and Bembry) but I'm not married to any of them to be completely honest. Whatever it takes to get off the treadmill, I'm for it at this point.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, hawkman said:

If trading Dennis nets us a superstar, I'm all in. I like our young pieces (Dennis, Prince, and Bembry) but I'm not married to any of them to be completely honest. Whatever it takes to get off the treadmill, I'm for it at this point.

Everyone is tradeable for an upgrade but most trades this time of year are focused on guys who are impediments to the team improving in the future.  In the absence of a proposal that is a clear winner for us, I am not looking to trade Prince, Dennis or Bembry but I am looking for anyone to show some interest in Baze.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2017 at 3:35 PM, GameTime said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Dwight demands a trade at this point.

This seems a little selfish.  You want to help your team win, and that may not always mean being the best player on the court.  Definitely not a Bud type of player.

If you want to play, then give the coach a reason to play you.  The guy has tunnel vision.  There will (hopefully) come a point when he realizes he isn't a 25 year old Dwight who can put up 22 and 14.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It just proves that both of us are getting old, to remember Nick Anderson.  

Yeah well, remembering Russell and Wilt beating the crap out of each other in the paint makes me feel a great deal older than that. Sunday afternoon games in B&W you know. Was one of the very few ways to keep me indoors on a Sunday afternoon. 

• Moderators

You want guys who want to play.   Dwight didn't cause any problems in the locker room as best i can tell.   Last thing we need is a hendu who doesn't want to get off the bench.   My biggest concern is that we'll come back with the same team minus a couple guys who didn't play anyway.   But Dwight and Baze I don't see going anywhere unless part of a big package deal.   

The real question for the offseason is Hardaway and I might have to let him walk and see if we can sign or trade for a dependable 2 guard. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

This seems a little selfish.  You want to help your team win, and that may not always mean being the best player on the court.  Definitely not a Bud type of player.

If you want to play, then give the coach a reason to play you.  The guy has tunnel vision.  There will (hopefully) come a point when he realizes he isn't a 25 year old Dwight who can put up 22 and 14.

I've been annoyed with his reactions too, but think about how pissed we are about the Hawks losing. He probably just wants to go down with the ship instead of watching it go down from afar. Either way, he could do a little better of making sure he doesn't give the media something to talk about.

Hypothetical question--would anyone here be willing to send our 1st and Baze to a team that can absorb his contract?

13 hours ago, cam1218 said:

Hypothetical question--would anyone here be willing to send our 1st and Baze to a team that can absorb his contract?

This year's first is hopefully gonna be a consistent future big for us along with the 31rst pick as well (very likely). Can't lose that possibility. We played two older starting bigs this season and the All Star one may not even be back with us.

14 hours ago, cam1218 said:

Baze's value is bad... but not that bad. Maybe the 2019 Cleveland first, but still. And only if we really need the cap space.

Edited by Bankingitbig
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 6:38 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We all knew what Howard was when we first got him.  He wasn't the Dwight of 2009.   For a guy who is literally the #4 or #5 option in the offense, he did his job.  And honestly, he has a reason to voice his displeasure on the lack of touches he gets, seeing all of the bricks the other guys get to throw up.  Dwight's usage % in the regular season was 19.2%.  During the playoffs, that dipped considerably to 14.9%. 

Despite his faults, Dwight is still a top 10 center in the NBA.  The Hawks offense is built around shooting, even though most of these guys can't shoot.  Even you have said this in the past, and I agree with you.

People always have an axe to grind. They brought in Dwight to help with interior defense and rebounding. They were fairly elite in those categories- 5th overall in rebounding and 2nd in points allowed in the paint. This team as constructed doesn't compliment any player, much less a Dwight Howard. 

Not attacking Bud, but he's known to have several teacher's pet on his team. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Except that in the playoff game that we did win, where everyone was on the same page ( and he got touches ), he put up 16 and 15.  

Moose didn't give coach a reason to play him, yet, he was in the game in the 4th quarter during crunch time in a few of those games.  Hardaway played worse than Flip Murray in the 2009 playoffs, yet, he was in the game in the 4th.  But Dwight gets the blame, and gets benched, because guards can't fight through picks in the pick and roll, and can't make their jumpshots?

I'm not a huge Dwight fan, but I completely understand why he was pissed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

in the playoff game that we did win, where everyone was on the same page ( and he got touches ), he put up 16 and 15.  

Yeah, he was plus eight in that one taking fourteen shots with zero turnovers. Lots of short term memory loss going on with Bud this year, playoffs just magnified it. 

• Like 1