• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our next GM oughta be...

I like this dude a lot. Plus, stealing him from the Celtics would be awesome!

Mike Zarren, Celtics

Danny Ainge's analytic guru has become more well known thanks to The Wheel, a lottery reform Zach Lowe has written about extensively. He was an analytics pioneer and remains someone who is close to the metrics community, which works in his favor. He also works the cap and has learned from one of the league's most respected personnel bosses in Ainge.

But the jury is out on analytic-gurus-as-GMs: the Rockets under Daryl Morey have not fulfilled their promise, and judgment will wait on Sam Hinkie's Sixers for at least another couple of seasons. Will a third analytics GM get hired with that record? I'm skeptical, though doubting Zarren is typically a bad move.

IMG_9784.JPG

IMG_9785.JPG

IMG_9786.JPG

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Shouldn't this topic actually be 'Our Next GM should be'

@Spud2Nique with the clickbait title.  Flag on the play!

And also, a hearty heyul nawl for some analytics lacky.  Give me a seasoned guy who understands analytics but who also has league-wide contacts/respeck.

Find that guy and make a thread about him.

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If we are going to go analytics guys, get Hinkie. 

Personally, there is a lot of talented GM's out there but finding the right talent is everything. 

Just stop.

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I agree that I don't want a total analytic guy ... I like the idea of a guy who believes analytics but uses them to help in the decision making process not to completely make the choice 

Agreed.  Analytics should be a part of the decision, they shouldn't be the decision.

• Moderators

Bear in mind that Hinkie missed badly on a number of picks in Philly.  That team looks like they may have finally hit one but he would not be at the top of my list even if I wanted to take that approach.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bear in mind that Hinkie missed badly on a number of picks in Philly.  That team looks like they may have finally hit one but he would not be at the top of my list even if I wanted to take that approach.

OMFG.  Dude drafts like Billy Knight but some folks want to annoint him.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2Nique with the clickbait title.  Flag on the play!

And also, a hearty heyul nawl for some analytics lacky.  Give me a seasoned guy who understands analytics but who also has league-wide contacts/respeck.

Find that guy and make a thread about him.

Oh sorry about the title @capstone21..can a mod fix it or whatever needs to be done...I'm rusty I was off squawk for a min.

Just now, AUhawksfan said:

And the jinx award goes to.....

Let me get my poop helmet before people start shitting...:-/

Any last words for me...ya? Ok...

I BLEED SQUAWK....

53 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Wilcox still has a job, just not GM now.  I'm ok that they didn't just throw him out on the street. 

Ah, thank you for the clarity!  That headline from Bleacher Report needs to be fixed since it's misleading and makes it sound like Wes is staying in the same front office role as GM.

You can take the poop helmet off for now @Spud2Nique and put your everyday helmet back on.

• Like 3

Well, as the dust settles we have a GM opening of some sort at least and Bud will be our coach, hopefully nothing more. Wrinkles still exist no doubt about that but we're moving forward, I think.

• Like 2