• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Raise your hand if you're intending to watch the NBA Finals

sturt

• Premium Member

So about 50% are a definite "yes" after ~48 hours.

Among the apathetic, is this a change in your routine from previous years?

Admittedly, for me, I can't remember the last time the NBA Finals were appointment TV for me, but I've been more in the camp of "if I happen to be watching and there's nothing else on."

I watch it...but when I'm watching it's with judgement, resentment and straight up anger at the Warriors, the Cavs and the entire rigged a$$ league.

So am I watching...yes... but I wouldn't say I'm having the best time doing it...lol...

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm watching re-runs of the big bang theory.

Woman are smart!

(wait..who said that...)

(I'm out before the man on man bashing for complimenting a woman starts..)

16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Woman are smart!

(wait..who said that...)

(I'm out before the man on man bashing for complimenting a woman starts..)

giphy.gif

Despite not caring too tough for Durant, I still enjoy the Warriors' style.  The number of individual mistakes they make are surpassed by outstanding team sequences.  Seeing LeBron's blank "wtf" stares and the Warriors gameplan to freeze Thompson was entertaining.  Some of the sh@t Draymond does on defense is damn near revolutionary at his size.  I should sign up on Twitter just to troll Al about an offensive rebound Curry clawed from Thompson.

That said, I expect Kyrie to drop 35, Thompson 15-15, and Lebron a 30 point triple double before its all over.  Will they occur in the same game and will they actually win one is the question.  They miss Smellyvadova's irritancy and communication on defense bad.  Last year Curry was goin through hell, injury notwithstanding.  He looked like a kid in a candy store in Game 1.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, sturt said:

Note to self... don't go playing with any of the edit checkboxes stuff after you've already posted a poll, or the poll might just disappear.

Haha I thought I voted in poll fashion on this topic.

Not only am I watching . . I'm doing the unthinkable.   

I'm rooting for the Cavs to win.

First off, it will be good for Kyle.  He deserves a ring.  Hopefully he can get red hot in a few of these games. 

Second, someone needs to prove that the Golden State team is invincible.  If it enhances Lebron's legacy by beating them, so be it.

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Note to self... don't go playing with any of the edit checkboxes stuff after you've already posted a poll, or the poll might just disappear.

I was about to say . . . what poll?

I enjoy watching the NBA so yes.  Cleveland were an anthropomorphic MASH unit two years ago yet still were competitive for 6 games, they were down 3-1 last season and won so there's an expectancy of worthwhile entertainment.  I get the idea of wanting to not watch out of some sort of protest but when the choices are reruns of shows you've already watched or 4 hours of baseball just to catch a Mr. Met gem then it's a pretty easy decision.

Either that or join the masses with some well educated hot takes such as "THIS IS THE WORST NBA SEASON EVA!!!!!1!1" as though I never lived through "oh look, it's the Lakers and/or the Celtics in the Finals again" and "oh look, it's Jordan versus who gives a f***" and "oh look, it's another Western Conference team about to sweep an East team".

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not only am I watching . . I'm doing the unthinkable.   

I'm rooting for the Cavs to win.

First off, it will be good for Kyle.  He deserves a ring.  Hopefully he can get red hot in a few of these games. 

Second, someone needs to prove that the Golden State team is invincible.  If it enhances Lebron's legacy by beating them, so be it.

I was about to say . . . what poll?

Cavs here too...my 28th favorite team in the NBA vs #29...(Celts being 30)

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I get the idea of wanting to not watch out of some sort of protest but when the choices are reruns of shows you've already watched or 4 hours of baseball just to catch a Mr. Met gem then it's a pretty easy decision.

It's summer. Why sit and watch anything at all. 

(But being a Nats fan, I do love my daily-ish baseball game on MLB.tv.)

1 hour ago, sturt said:

It's summer. Why sit and watch anything at all. 

(But being a Nats fan, I do love my daily-ish baseball game on MLB.tv.)

Gotta watch something after a long day of sun bathing and splish splashin'

But I will say, you and Bryce Harper can go REDACTED with a rusty REDACTED up your REDACTED with a REDACTED banana peel REDACTED chilled precisely to -5 Celsius so that you can REDACTED in a Georgetown townhouse, you REDACTED.

Other than that, to each their own, I guess.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Cavs here too...my 28th favorite team in the NBA vs #29...(Celts being 30)

Will you rank them 1-30 please?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Will you rank them 1-30 please?

Lmao I don't have an actual ranking but I'm only all Hawks. I guess it would be..

1. HAWKS 

2. Spurs

3-27 I don't care

28. Cavs

29. Warriors

30. Shmeltics