• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Philly made the same offer for Dennis, would you take it?

sturt

• Premium Member

PREFACE: Please let's not get into details of new ideas for new trades that might persuade the mods that this thread belongs in the trade talk forum. Please.

This is simply posing the question... if Philly were willing to hand over this year's #3 and the future 1st from either the Lakers or the Kings, in exchange for Dennis, instead of Boston's #1, would you do that deal?

• Like 1

That's as good of value as you're ever going to get for Dennis, so probably. I'd hate to lose Dennis though. I'd take Isaac at 3 this year if that did happen, and I suppose coming out of this draft with, let's say, Isaac and Evans plus another really good pick in the future would be awesome. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Remember this.   Whoever you take with the third pick, you are looking at 3-4 years before that player gets to Dennis's current level.  

Conventional wisdom agrees. And I know it was reported that PHI was hot for Dennis at one time, at least pre-Colangelo. Would seem to make some sense for them to pursue it, if indeed they're not making it official until Thu as reported.

I'd lean towards no. Dennis is 23 and still improving. In THIS draft at least, outside of maybe Fultz and especially Josh Jackson, I don't think the talent difference is huge between the top and late lottery range. Slight side note: I also get more enamored with particular players than draft slots. I don't see Ball being anymore than a role player, and he's projected to go top 3? We can get a role player at 19, thank you.

This thought has crossed my mind also but Dennis is so young and has a little more upside to come in my mind. When you say the same deal though, Philly is giving up two picks to move up.

So for me that is almost a no brainier yes depending on how much protection is on the future pick. If just for #3 probably not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flight said:

Y'all underrate DeAaron Fox. He legit has the speed, iq and build of John Wall. Not sure why his potential has been looked over around here. 

I like him but he's shooting 24% from 3... I can't have my point guard not being able to shoot 3's. 

He will get better but his outside shot will take 4 years...even then, how good will it be?

3 hours ago, sturt said:

PREFACE: Please let's not get into details of new ideas for new trades that might persuade the mods that this thread belongs in the trade talk forum. Please.

This is simply posing the question... if Philly were willing to hand over this year's #3 and the future 1st from either the Lakers or the Kings, in exchange for Dennis, instead of Boston's #1, would you do that deal?

No.  Not unless I could get Lonzo Ball.

Fox has the potential to be a huge bust due to his lack of a shot.  Unless he turns into Rajon Rondo, that dude is in trouble.  Tatum ( edit ) is nice, but his shot is suspect right now as well.   Lonzo I'd definitely do, because he's a great deep shooter and can make people around him better.  Dwight and Prince would definitely like Lonzo.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No.  Not unless I could get Lonzo Ball.

Fox has the potential to be a huge bust due to his lack of a shot.  Unless he turns into Rajon Rondo, that dude is in trouble.  Jackson is nice, but his shot is suspect right now as well.   Lonzo I'd definitely do, because he's a great deep shooter and can make people around him better.  Dwight and Prince would definitely like Lonzo.

I hate to say it but I'd get pretty excited to have Lonzo on the Hawks. If nothing else, our name gets out there courtesy of Lavar lol.

I do think Ball is one of the best natural passers I've seen in a long time and a great teammates it seems. 

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

Hate the fact that every stupid team keeps helping the Celtics. First the nets and now the sixers. 

Billy Beane Ainge n shit...smh

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I like him but he's shooting 24% from 3... I can't have my point guard not being able to shoot 3's. 

He will get better but his outside shot will take 4 years...even then, how good will it be?

I watch Kentucky pretty closely, his shooting percentages look rough mostly because of earlier in the season. His last 15 games from 3 he shot 37.5%, and 47%  on his last 10 games. His shooting woes are less of a problem than a lot of people know. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

If I was actually impressed with the talent at the top of he draft, I'd consider it.  I'm not that impressed with he top of this draft.  Every player is extremely flawed.  

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Remember this.   Whoever you take with the third pick, you are looking at 3-4 years before that player gets to Dennis's current level.  

Well Dennis is extremely flawed himself and there's the assumption that this trade is strictly swapping him out for a rookie.

Of course I'd take the deal because it massively increases the Hawk's flexibility.  The avenues that open up in free agency shaving 11 mil off the cap plus the ability to not just be able to dump Bazemore but actually get a top player in return through a trade using him as filler are just too good to pass up to speak nothing of just being a good team that doesn't have to bottom out for lottery assets.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

I hate to say it but I'd get pretty excited to have Lonzo on the Hawks. If nothing else, our name gets out there courtesy of Lavar lol.

I do think Ball is one of the best natural passers I've seen in a long time and a great teammates it seems. 

Lavar in Atlanta would be a natural fit.  V-103 would love him, and might even give him his own show . . lol.  Lonzo is special, from a playmaking standpoint.  Only issue in LA, is that they may not have enough shooters to make him look good.  He's going to make Julius Randle look like the most improved player in the NBA next year.  Lonzo could easily average 13 ppg - 8 assists in his rookie year.  

People would scoff at that and call Lonzo overhyped . . until they do their research and find out that only 7 players in NBA history has averaged at least 13 and 8 in their rookie year.  The last one to do it was John Wall.  Before that, the last one to do it was Damon Stoudamire back in 1995 - 96.  And of that 7, only Damon shot greater than 30% from 3 point range, which Lonzo should have no problem doing on the NBA level.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flight said:

I watch Kentucky pretty closely, his shooting percentages look rough mostly because of earlier in the season. His last 15 games from 3 he shot 37.5%, and 47%  on his last 10 games. His shooting woes are less of a problem than a lot of people know. 

Ironically, Fox reminds me more of Dennis than Wall. What Fox DOES have that Dennis doesn't is a little more shake to his game, but Dennis has more pure explosiveness.

As far as Ball, he'd be much better on a team like the Hawks where he can be a 4th/5th option than going to a team like the Lakers. Ball needs to be a part of a system, he'll be really good glue guy but not someone who can carry a team.