• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Philly made the same offer for Dennis, would you take it?

sturt

7 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

As far as Ball, he'd be much better on a team like the Hawks where he can be a 4th/5th option than going to a team like the Lakers. Ball needs to be a part of a system, he'll be really good glue guy but not someone who can carry a team.

That's the thing though, if we acquired him he'd be a 4th or 5th option for us as well. Assets required to land him would break down our team's depth...still not saying I wouldn't do it.

Ps sorry I thought this was the "f*** Danny Ainge" thread..

2 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Ironically, Fox reminds me more of Dennis than Wall. What Fox DOES have that Dennis doesn't is a little more shake to his game, but Dennis has more pure explosiveness.

As far as Ball, he'd be much better on a team like the Hawks where he can be a 4th/5th option than going to a team like the Lakers. Ball needs to be a part of a system, he'll be really good glue guy but not someone who can carry a team.

Fox is just physically bigger though, which is the real advantage I'd love to have at PG. 

I definitely agree on Ball though, we'd be a perfect fit for him. A PG that can heavily effect a game without being score first minded? Sounds like heaven for shooters and big men that like to get involved on offense (I.E. Millsap and Dwight) 

• Premium Member

Tipping point for me, I think, is Dennis' contract. I can't make the trade because I just think he's too good of a value, now that he's developed himself into a more dependable shooter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

PREFACE: Please let's not get into details of new ideas for new trades that might persuade the mods that this thread belongs in the trade talk forum. Please.

This is simply posing the question... if Philly were willing to hand over this year's #3 and the future 1st from either the Lakers or the Kings, in exchange for Dennis, instead of Boston's #1, would you do that deal?

Absolutely.

9 hours ago, sturt said:

PREFACE: Please let's not get into details of new ideas for new trades that might persuade the mods that this thread belongs in the trade talk forum. Please.

This is simply posing the question... if Philly were willing to hand over this year's #3 and the future 1st from either the Lakers or the Kings, in exchange for Dennis, instead of Boston's #1, would you do that deal?

I would. You can replace a PG easily.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

@AHF, you might want to explore if Billy Knight ever had the nickname Big Dog, or wore the number 90. *wink*

I'm just saying, Dennis is good but he isn't a superstar PG. You put a guy in the meantime like Rubio he'd have nice numbers. Bud's system is great for PGs. Hawks need legit assets. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Dennis hasn't hit his ceiling, though. He could be one piece of a contender some day.

I also remember a time when Steph Curry was thought to be "good" but not (yet) a superstar.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, sturt said:

Dennis hasn't hit his ceiling, though. He could be one piece of a contender some day.

I also remember a time when Steph Curry was thought to be "good" but not (yet) a superstar.

Not close to a fair or an accurate comparison.

We'd be the dumbest team in the world to turn down a high lottery pick and a first rounder for Dennis.

• Like 1

Easy yes. I'm partial to little guards when they're cooking but I'd simply just get acquainted with another one.

But Dennis isn't a salary dump lmfao. There are issues in his analytics of whether he actually helps the team when he doesn't play with a good PNR partner (not just good #'s in it) but I'm not sure that this is really looked at at first by other teams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

plus a salary dump

It's a worthy debate, in general... but wait...

You think we're going to be able to get Dennis' production cheaper?

Really?!?

Virtually any contending team has to have guys in the middle of the payroll sheet who are giving more value than they're getting paid, simply because it's so unlikely you're going to get that at the top (yes, you get good-to-very good production, but you pay for it) or at the bottom (yes, you pay little, but the chances that you get good-to-very-good production are a crap shoot).

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I got some magic beans for any who would accept PHI's offer.  I'll take your house in exchange.

I know, I know.  But they're maaagic beans.

I wish i could like this 10 times.  They act like this magical pick has proven itself.  Dennis went for 25 pts and 8 assists in the playoffs.   It's amazing how we undervalue our own talent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I wish i could like this 10 times.  They act like this magical pick has proven itself.  Dennis went for 25 pts and 8 assists in the playoffs.   It's amazing how we undervalue our own talent.

While he failed to get anyone else involved and got absolutely destroyed by Wall. Wall lifted his team got his teammates the ball in position to score very consistently. When has Dennis ever done that? 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Flight said:

I watch Kentucky pretty closely, his shooting percentages look rough mostly because of earlier in the season. His last 15 games from 3 he shot 37.5%, and 47%  on his last 10 games. His shooting woes are less of a problem than a lot of people know. 

His shot still needs real work but with his size and athleticism he smoked Lonzo in the NCAA tournament.