• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Windhorst: Hawks fielding Sign & Trade Offers for SAP...>TOTAL REBUILD

wolvetigers

5 minutes ago, Flight said:

You know if other teams were so smart maybe they'd have some finals appearances or championships to show for it. But surprisingly majority of the league does not. And many of them are in no better position than we are regardless of when they decided it was stupid to keep making the playoffs.

Virtually teams that are making the playoffs have found ways to get better. It's a lot easier to make a good team great than a bad team good. 

You missed my point that just being there 10 years in a row was their endgame, the championship talk was just lip service. Now somebody is in here trying to actually make it happen and isn't afraid to miss the playoffs a year or two to eventually get there.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Y'all know how I feel. There is a reason I supported this GM 100% when we hired him. His vision is inline with mines

I hope his next moves are better than his first. Would love to get some young exciting players here though.

• Like 1

Just now, DBac said:

I hope his next moves are better than his first. Would love to get some young exciting players here though.

Dwight is trash, he had limited options. 

But his other moves should be much better. 

Just now, hazer said:

You missed my point that just being there 10 years in a row was their endgame, the championship talk was just lip service. Now somebody is in here trying to actually make it happen and isn't afraid to miss the playoffs a year or two to eventually get there.

The thing about it is everyone is trying to win, 10 straight years in the playoffs is not something to use as a negative feat. Being able to maintain that type of success is incredible in sports. Just because you're not afraid to put a losing group of players on the court doesn't mean you have it all figured out.

There's a LOT more teams that have a lot more losing seasons in this past ten years and have nothing to show for it but young players and not even all of them are good ones. Anyone can have a fire sale with their team and say the future will be better because of it. So you'll have to forgive me for being less than impressed with this as a beginning to our new look.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DBac said:

Honestly it'd be hard to see us make a worse deal. We'd have to trade Dennis for a second rounder or something.

• Like 1

I actually mentioned a sign n trade for Sap but a bunch of you shot me down and said unrestricted free agents don't get signed n traded anymore...

Whatever happens with Sap and if we have any control I hope we send him to a good situation. He gave us everything he had for the entire time he was here. A class act from the anchorman! My top 7 Hawk of all time.

49 minutes ago, Flight said:

You know if other teams were so smart maybe they'd have some finals appearances or championships to show for it. But surprisingly majority of the league does not. And many of them are in no better position than we are regardless of when they decided it was stupid to keep making the playoffs.

Virtually teams that are making the playoffs have found ways to get better. It's a lot easier to make a good team great than a bad team good. 

Good teams don't become great by holding onto average vets that couldn't scare my grandmother. That's why Cleveland is able to just rise up and take practice 3s with immense confidence on teams in the playoffs 

...but, ya know. You Hawks "fans" love that hamster wheel!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Good teams don't become great by holding onto average vets that couldn't scare my grandmother. That's why Cleveland is able to just rise up and take practice 3s with immense confidence on teams in the playoffs 

...but, ya know. You Hawks "fans" love that hamster wheel!

You do realize the talent gap between us and Cleveland was really never that big right? The only difference was Lebron. And there's not a LeBron headed our way any time soon. Besides that majority of the teams Lebron plays on (or even wants to play on) are mainly put together of vets that couldn't scare your grandmother. Not a bunch young lottery picks early in their careers. 

17 minutes ago, Flight said:

You do realize the talent gap between us and Cleveland was really never that big right? The only difference was Lebron. And there's not a LeBron headed our way any time soon. Besides that majority of the teams Lebron plays on (or even wants to play on) are mainly put together of vets that couldn't scare your grandmother. Not a bunch young lottery picks early in their careers. 

LeBron is a pretty massive gap tho. That's like saying, we are as good as the Patriots but they have Tom Brady. Well, he's a GOAT, if you have him, you will be great. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LeBron is a pretty massive gap tho. That's like saying, we are as good as the Patriots but they have Tom Brady. Well, he's a GOAT, if you have him, you will be great. 

Terrible comparison and I'm not even going to get into why. But that's the entire point I'm getting at, there's only a hand full of generational level talent in the league. We can't act like losing seasons is gonna change things quicker than winning ones will. 

I understand rebuilding but we have to win in some way. We can't lose in trades, lose in drafting, lose actual games and expect things to just turn around for us randomly.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Here's what I have thought about with Sap...

Sap to Ceveland SNT Love to another team and we get picks.  (Possibly Phoenix). 

So all and all either direct or through Love.. Sap for #4 overall. 

Here's why...

I think Cleveland wants more physical in the post as well as a good midrange shooter.   While Sap is not as automatic as Love from downtown, Sap will get them more rebounds and playing with the King, he might be more automatic from downtown. 

Phoenix needs a big (PF).   This is a PGs draft... for the most part.   

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's what I have thought about with Sap...

Sap to Ceveland SNT Love to another team and we get picks.  (Possibly Phoenix). 

So all and all either direct or through Love.. Sap for #4 overall. 

Here's why...

I think Cleveland wants more physical in the post as well as a good midrange shooter.   While Sap is not as automatic as Love from downtown, Sap will get them more rebounds and playing with the King, he might be more automatic from downtown. 

Phoenix needs a big (PF).   This is a PGs draft... for the most part.   

Pretty sure Phoenix took Chriss & Bender last year so they're pretty much set on PFs for now 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Flight said:

Pretty sure Phoenix took Chriss & Bender last year so they're pretty much set on PFs for now 

Who and Who??

If you look at Phoenix, they have talent now.. that they don't have to wait on at every other position.   I think that they don't want to spend the rest of the time they have left with their young guys... waiting on other young guys to develop.  I betcha they would jump all over a chance to get Love.   Maybe Sap too. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Who and Who??

If you look at Phoenix, they have talent now.. that they don't have to wait on at every other position.   I think that they don't want to spend the rest of the time they have left with their young guys... waiting on other young guys to develop.  I betcha they would jump all over a chance to get Love.   Maybe Sap too. 

The two they picked up have a lot of potential and they are both really athletic, Sap maybe but Love doesn't fit how athletic the rest of their team is right now. 

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I actually mentioned a sign n trade for Sap but a bunch of you shot me down and said unrestricted free agents don't get signed n traded anymore...

Why'd you listen to them. He cannot be SnT'd until after July 1st since he has declined his player option. So he cannot be traded until the new NBA year and FAcy begins.  

The value in SnTs was the nbr of years snd money the player could get. The new CBA limits that to 4 years instead of 5 years that the Hawks can sign him and keep him for.

7 hours ago, Jody23 said:

If I recall correctly, Sap can't get the five year max in a sign and trade deal.  So, I wonder what the motive for doing this kind of deal is?

Didn't know that. I'm wondering now too