Windhorst: Hawks fielding Sign & Trade Offers for SAP...>TOTAL REBUILD

wolvetigers

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Those  teams mentioned  have capspace to sign Millsap....mmmm.

Millsap would have to have given the Hawks some indication he was interested in playing for those teams....mmmm.

Yes.... yours is the better question.... why would Sap be open to this at this stage.

Has Windhorst been a reliable reporter in the past? I just haven't paid him any attention.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I bet he doesn't say 'mines' tho.

Anyways, I'm ok with this report (if true).  That's a big "if" with Windhorst.  He masquerades as an all-league insider but he ain't really that.

Remember when Louis Gossett Jr starred in Enemy Mines? 

enemymine4.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Lol good to know...so tell us what's the next upcoming move? Cause so far I'm not extremely impressed.

Maybe sap wants the full 5 year Max which only the Hawks can give him and then do a S&T

just guessing 

SnT Sap. 

Only resign Tim if the contract he is willing to sign is around the range we are willing to pay. 

Keep Bazemore unless you get a fair deal. Keep him for another offseason

Focus on fit. Which the Dwight trade did. I just hate trading 31st but I understood Dwight had limited value. 

I am good with these moves. 

This team needs to rebuild 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Those  teams mentioned  have capspace to sign Millsap....mmmm.

Millsap would have to have given the Hawks some indication he was interested in playing for those teams....mmmm.

Yep...It just sounds like due diligence from our new GM...The likely scenario is we let him walk.

24 minutes ago, JTB said:

Lol good to know...so tell us what's the next upcoming move? Cause so far I'm not extremely impressed.

Maybe sap wants the full 5 year Max which only the Hawks can give him and then do a S&T

just guessing 

SnT are limited to 4 years so no 5th year incentive.

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

So...

IF this is not just horst passing wind (yeah, I thought of that all by myself)...

Wouldn't it rationally HAVE to be a trade to a team that does NOT have cap space, and would (a) NEED to move contracts back to us, and (b) APPEAL IN A BIG WAY to Sap.... ie, almost certainly be a championship contender on the edge?

That would definitely be more sensible. I'd you're under the cap there's no need in the new CBA. Except maybe getting full  bird  rights.  Don't think that will matter  when he's 38  though.

Edited by ATLien_

52 minutes ago, Flight said:

When it rains it pours. 

In this case it's pouring L's.

Yeah it's always great to stay on a hamster wheel of mediocrity. The worst place in sports for a team to be in is the area of making the playoffs every year and not being a contender at all. Fielding a team of peaked average vets past their prime is amazing!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Denver has some good guards plus Wilson Chandler that I wouldn't mind getting back. Plus Denver has a lottery pick this year they could send us. Maybe we can send them our Plumlee to reunite the brothers in Denver?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cwell said:

Yeah it's always great to stay on a hamster wheel of mediocrity. The worst place in sports for a team to be in is the area of making the playoffs every year and not being a contender at all. Fielding a team of peaked average vets past their prime is amazing!

I hardly feel like this is gonna feel any better than that did. 

1 hour ago, Cwell said:

Bingooooo. You know why Hawks have the longest string of consecutive playoff appearances in the East (10)? Because all the other teams realize it's stupid as $hit to be caught on that treadmill without being a threat to make the Finals. Thank you, Colonel. Thank you...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Bingooooo. You know why Hawks have the longest string of consecutive playoff appearances in the East (10)? Because all the other teams realize it's stupid as $hit to be caught on that treadmill without being a threat to make the Finals. Thank you, Colonel. Thank you...

You know if other teams were so smart maybe they'd have some finals appearances or championships to show for it. But surprisingly majority of the league does not. And many of them are in no better position than we are regardless of when they decided it was stupid to keep making the playoffs.

Virtually teams that are making the playoffs have found ways to get better. It's a lot easier to make a good team great than a bad team good. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hazer said:

This

• Like 2