• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

1 minute ago, CP61 said:

We will see how he does at Missouri. That is what I will base my opinion on him on. He has the athleticism to make him my #1 prospect, but not until I see him against at least college competition. 

When has this athleticism been on display?  Because I haven't seen it yet.  His first step is not explosive.  He's not a great run and jump guy. 

9 hours ago, Flight said:

Collin Sexton (PG) Alabama - The more I watch him play the more I feel like he'd be worth having as our PG. His personality and game is really fearless, he basically embodies the attitude of the city in a way that I don't think you usually see. He's the type of player that motivates his teammates to match his intensity and that's a trait that is heavily coveted in point guards. Seems like he's obsessed with getting better. Just imagine us having our own Damian Lillard except he's from Atlanta and has a Gary Payton esque way of getting in your head.

I've heard Iverson comparisons for Sexton based on play and attitude. I'm not gonna lie, I haven't watched him yet. However being from Atlanta is a huge plus to me. Dennis is my favorite player, but I definitely don't think he isn't replaceable. It seems like you need an elite point guard to be great, so if Sexton can be that, Dennis shouldn't keep him from being a Hawk. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CP61 said:

I've heard Iverson comparisons for Sexton based on play and attitude. I'm not gonna lie, I haven't watched him yet. However being from Atlanta is a huge plus to me. Dennis is my favorite player, but I definitely don't think he isn't replaceable. It seems like you need an elite point guard to be great, so if Sexton can be that, Dennis shouldn't keep him from being a Hawk. 

wait THIS was Sexton? He won the dunk contest there too. I remember him going viral on twitter and looking into him, but I didn't remember who it was. Hey, he'd definitely Make Atlanta Fun Again.

Edited by CP61
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Anybody that goes into an offensive system that is slow paced and stupid, like Cuonzo Martin's, I'm throwing out the information from there. Totally.

I think having Cuonzo is great for Michael Porter Jr.  He's going to have to learn to play without the ball in that motion offense, and he is going to have to defend to play for Cuonzo Martin. 

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

Anybody that goes into an offensive system that is slow paced and stupid, like Cuonzo Martin's, I'm throwing out the information from there. Totally.

His pops got hired as an assistant coach there and their from Mizzou so in sure that factors more than the coaching unfortunately.

10 hours ago, CP61 said:

wait THIS was Sexton? He won the dunk contest there too. I remember him going viral on twitter and looking into him, but I didn't remember who it was. Hey, he'd definitely Make Atlanta Fun Again.

Yeah a good amount of my friends around the city are high on him. He really doesn't back down from anyone on the court. It's like the complete opposite of Jeff Teague's personality and a bit more "Atlanta" than Dennis'. 

On 6/22/2017 at 0:39 AM, bleachkit said:

Seeing as we are going to be in the lottery next year, any intriging prospects?

I disagree with your premise.  First, the roster is not set yet. Assuming for a moment that Hardaway isn't matched and Crawford is bought out, you have as much as $30 million in cap space left. The roster is not set.  Leaving those 2 players out...the current roster is

Schröder/Delaney

Bazemore/Bellinelli/Bembry

Prince/

Collins/

Plumlee/Stone

Now at first look, there are no real names on that roster.  But there is something. There is defense and rebounding. It's an ugly way to win but even with $30 million in cap space with that roster, you do have decent defenders at each position. Prince the last 20 games of the year was a top 15 SF and well, Dennis does have the ability to take over games (both for the good and bad). It is not as bleak as it looks. The only issue is getting someone of value to take the rest of your money.

Edited by thecampster

5 hours ago, Flight said:

Yeah a good amount of my friends around the city are high on him. He really doesn't back down from anyone on the court. It's like the complete opposite of Jeff Teague's personality and a bit more "Atlanta" than Dennis'. 

How exactly is he more Atlanta than Dennis?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KB21 said:

How exactly is he more Atlanta than Dennis?

In short, he's a product of Georgia. Which connects with a lot of people that you can't reach with international players. It's almost like how Mike Vick's attitude and play style embodied the culture of the city. Collin has that, Dennis does but just not as much. For example you can look at the way people get behind John Wall, even though the Wizards aren't the best roster or have the richest history, fans believe because he evokes the confidence in to them and his teammates. Collin has a similar way of approaching the game, I think given the right system he could be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flight said:

In short, he's a product of Georgia. Which connects with a lot of people that you can't reach with international players. It's almost like how Mike Vick's attitude and play style embodied the culture of the city. Collin has that, Dennis does but just not as much. For example you can look at the way people get behind John Wall, even though the Wizards aren't the best roster or have the richest history, fans believe because he evokes the confidence in to them and his teammates. Collin has a similar way of approaching the game, I think given the right system he could be great.

Dennis and Sexton both have that dawg in them. However, Sexton actually being from Atlanta is easier to rally around. 

2 hours ago, Flight said:

So was Josh Smith and Dwight Howard though.

I've seen some film on him, and I like him better than some of the other overhyped prospects that get talked about.  My biggest question with him is will he make his teammates better?

Man!  Based on what I've seen on film, Luka Doncic is head and shoulders above everyone else in the 2018 draft.  The kid is 18 years old and may be the most skilled player I've seen enter the NBA in quite some time.  To use the baseball scouting scale on him, I'd say he's a 65+ guy coming in with plus plus shooting, plus plus ball handling, and plus plus passing ability.  His court vision is tremendous.  

Doncic vs Oklahoma City this past year:

This kid is the prize of the draft.  

49 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Man!  Based on what I've seen on film, Luka Doncic is head and shoulders above everyone else in the 2018 draft.  The kid is 18 years old and may be the most skilled player I've seen enter the NBA in quite some time.  To use the baseball scouting scale on him, I'd say he's a 65+ guy coming in with plus plus shooting, plus plus ball handling, and plus plus passing ability.  His court vision is tremendous.  

We renounced the rights to Ily so Luka could wear #7 imho. 

12 hours ago, KB21 said:

This why I think the Hawks should just suck this one year to get him.  I'd hate to see him as a Celtic.

25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This why I think the Hawks should just suck this one year to get him.  I'd hate to see him as a Celtic.

Even with Doncic, it is not going to be just one year of the team sucking.  This team is going to suck for at least 3 years, and likely more.

Kostas Antetokounmpo has reportedly suffered a nondisplaced fracture of his distal tibia while playing ball in Greece.  Nondisplaced is good, meaning that he will not need surgery and will just need to be casted for 6-8 weeks, and this will probably be around a 12-14 week recovery process.  With that said, he will likely miss some time early on as he gets his feet back under him.  He will be a freshman at Dayton this year, and he's one of the players I'm very interested in watching this year.  He was a partial qualifier coming out of Dominican HS (teammates with Diamond Stone at Dominican), so he sat out his first year at Dayton as a redshirt.  Archie Miller says he is 6'10" and really loves to play team ball.  Archie also says that you can't teach 6'10" and his ability to run and jump. 

• Like 2

Been looking at Wendell Carter Jr since the draftniks have been hyping him and he's pretty impressive. Absolutely worked Ayton and he's a year younger. From Atlanta too.. I'd put him third on my wishlist behind Doncic and Bridges.  

1 minute ago, DBac said:

Been looking at Wendell Carter Jr since the draftniks have been hyping him and he's pretty impressive. Absolutely worked Ayton and he's a year younger. From Atlanta too.. I'd put him third on my wishlist behind Doncic and Bridges.  

I'm curious to see if he becomes more of a traditional big than a "new age" big.  With that said, I think a traditional big that can also guard the pick and roll is actually becoming a market inefficiency, and if you can get one that can defend the pick and roll as well as be a dominant offensive player in the paint, you will have someone that will dominate whoever is on him.

• Like 1