Should we trade for Jahlil Okafor?

wolvetigers

Although, the verdict is still out on our new GM, we do know that coach bud is pretty good at developing players that buy-in to his system. Milsap, Carroll, THJ all improved under coach bud. Why not grow a young core instead of solely relying on the lottery dream. Plus the new practice facility will help :)

pg- Dennis / Dorsey

sg- THJ / 

sf- Prince/bemby 

pf- collins

C- okafor 

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 1

We would seriously be better off with EMEKA Okafor. And he's looking for work. He's 35 but he's had 4 years to rest and his final season he averaged 10 and 10 and he said he has plenty left in the tank. He's probably hoping to go to a contender but I'm sure he'd take the vet min in Atlanta vs being unemployed if nobody else wants him. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CP61 said:

Okafor is trash so he could probably be had for little to nothing, So why not? We've got nothing else going on at center. Trade a second for him. 

I'm good for a second but the guy sucks on D and on the boards.  No fire.

vs the team that knocked us out of the playoffs

And he has about 10 other videos where he's straight killing guys on the offensive end.

Give me an old school center with lethal post moves, instead of these wannabe shooting guards at center that couldn't spell "post".

Just because the league has gone pick and roll crazy, doesn't mean that old school basketball and old style players can't be successful.

• Like 2

I'd take him in a heartbeat (especially if the compensation is on the cheap end). He's not in Philly's long term plans, and he has tremendous upside. Frankly, Philly would be crazy to let him go at this point. Fultz, Reddick, Simmons, Okafor, Embiid, is a sick starting 5.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If Philly believes in his talent at all, they won't let him go for cheap.  If they do, it is a sign they think he is cuttable.  Not that they couldn't be wrong but the guy hasn't shown me much other than a shot at being Eddy Curry 2.0 if he gets better.