• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we trade for Jahlil Okafor?

wolvetigers

Why not gamble on him ? If the price is right, we don't have anything to lose. If he turns out to be Eddy Curry 2.0 then oh well. If he develops into Al Jefferson 2.0 then awesome.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

vs the team that knocked us out of the playoffs

And he has about 10 other videos where he's straight killing guys on the offensive end.

Give me an old school center with lethal post moves, instead of these wannabe shooting guards at center that couldn't spell "post".

Just because the league has gone pick and roll crazy, doesn't mean that old school basketball and old style players can't be successful.

I agree but Bud likes 7-0 shooting guards at the 5.  

• Like 1

Collins is already old school as far as post scoring. I don't believe we need two. Our center need to be someone like Noel who is a new era defensive center that's great at team defense and being an anchor.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Everyone here knows I love the low post game more than anything else in the NBA.

...and I still wouldn't trade for him. He is the big man version of Cuttino Mobley. He's instant offense on both ends. He gives no effort at all rebounding or defending. Absolutely can't have that esp. with a guy in Collins that was terribad in college at defending. We would have the worst defensive front court in NBA history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Everyone here knows I love the low post game more than anything else in the NBA.

...and I still wouldn't trade for him. He is the big man version of Cuttino Mobley. He's instant offense on both ends. He gives no effort at all rebounding or defending. Absolutely can't have that esp. with a guy in Collins that was terribad in college at defending. We would have the worst defensive front court in NBA history.

Noel is such a perfect fit I know it's not going to happen but that's the type of center we need by Collins until he proves other wise...also I'm like you...I love the post scoring of the old school but I can't see it working with all these damn 3s so I too would have to pass.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Why not gamble on him ? If the price is right, we don't have anything to lose. If he turns out to be Eddy Curry 2.0 then oh well. If he develops into Al Jefferson 2.0 then awesome.

I'd definitely gamble on him for a super cheap price but if anyone thinks he will ever average 11 rebounds per game as Jefferson did for 3 consecutive years then they are deluding themselves.  Just come in with your eyes open.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JTB said:

Noel is such a perfect fit I know it's not going to happen but that's the type of center we need by Collins until he proves other wise...also I'm like you...I love the post scoring of the old school but I can't see it working with all these damn 3s so I too would have to pass.

I definitely think you can have a low post scorer in today's game. It opens up the court for shooters and spacing for cutters and off ball movement. What you can't have in today's game is a center that can't defend PNR and won't rebound. Okafor is like all offense and zero defense. No thanks.

• Like 1

Think a huge deal is that if Okafor is here then we pin a future on two bigs who at the moment don't play any D. Collins hasn't been coached at this level so we'll see how long it takes if it does take but Okafor has and its pretty scary bad. No one anywhere even gives him any props at all on D.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

You're acting as if the Hawks are contending for the ECF or even the playoffs. It's not like Okafor is 30years old, he is 21years. If he stayed in college he would be going into his Senior year right now at Duke.

We have a good coach, let him do his job and grow our talent...We are not a Franchise that is capable of attracting superstar talent...so the next logical point is to grow young talent and try to lock them up longterm once their potential begins to shine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Think a huge deal is that if Okafor is here then we pin a future on two bigs who at the moment don't play any D. Collins hasn't been coached at this level so we'll see how long it takes if it does take but Okafor has and its pretty scary bad. No one anywhere even gives him any props at all on D.

I would trade Plumlee and a 2020 future first rounder with lottery protection for him. If we are still wishing on our lottery prayers in 3 years then the Hawks have a greater problems.

• Like 1

No.

He gives no effort on defense or d rebounding.

I mean that's the first quarter.. 

And he sucks on defense anyway. Even in college his team was worse defensively with him on the floor. Not the most athletic guy in the world. And while he can score on offense, that's all he does.  

Edited by DBac
  • Like 3