Official Jamal Crawford Trade Ideas

JTB

Ok now that the 3 team trade is done and we have our first rd draft pick out of the deal (most important), also gaining a young big man, and the return of JC Crossover....Crawford has already said he wanted out even before the trade was official. Which is fine with me as long as we don't buy him out which was unlikely to happen anyways unless he gave us back the majority of his salary which is also unlikely from his end.

anyways there's a good number of teams that want Crawford including the warriors, Spurs, lakers, cavs plus other teams according to Woj & Aldridge.

So let the trade ideas begin!

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hawkster911 said:

Jamal Crawford wants to go to the Lakers.  ATL trades for Jordan Clarkson + Luol Deng.  

Crawford for clarkson works straight up. If la don't want to do that I say move on. No need to take on dengs hideous contract 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, DeacKillsaDevil said:

Didn't we get cash in the deal to compensate us for buying out JC's contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know this answer also.  

• Premium Member

I would only consider taking Deng if LAL would, in return, take on one of our two sub-par longer-term contracts. Personally, I'd rather that contract be Plumlee's, but I'm inclined to think they'd only consider Baze's. (Of course, the latter two are nearly equal in terms of both money and years, whereas Plumlee's dollar number doesn't work by itself, and would need some additional supplement of around $1.5m value.)

"Only consider," being operative words. Not advocating necessarily, but open to some further scrutiny/assessment.

The case "for" starts with Deng having been an after thought in LAL, and I just don't conclude necessarily that 32 is over the hill, nor 33, nor 34. And he's one of the very few in the league who is generally regarded as being effective both at the 3 and the 4. He is a solid locker room guy by all accounts. And as the cap is projected to grow by about 10% next season, and continues to grow in the two following seasons, his number will represent an increasingly smaller portion of the payroll.

Then, the other element here is a matter of the other side of the trade.... just how much of a delta is there between Clarkson's value and Crawford's? That's the other assessment that would need to be made, relevant to how this side of the trade compensates for that other side of the trade.

2017-07-04_2334.png

• Admin

Just because he wants to go to the Lakers does not mean they are willing to part with Clarkson for him. 

I don't see anything of significance coming in return for him.  If we can flip his salary for even a decent asset then I see that as a success

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Just because he wants to go to the Lakers does not mean they are willing to part with Clarkson for him. 

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Clarkson is better, young and cheaper. I'm not sure why the Lakers would want to trade him and get Crawfish in return.

Right, but I've read at least once and maybe twice that they're not content with him, and particularly so for 3 more years... however, can't vouch for the credibility of whoever the source(s) was/were that wrote it. And statistically, while Clarkson started off his career as a seeming 2nd round steal, he hasn't built on his initial numbers, but even has regressed slightly in some areas.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Then, the other element here is a matter of the other side of the trade.... just how much of a delta is there between Clarkson's value and Crawford's? That's the other assessment that would need to be made, relevant to how this side of the trade compensates for that other side of the trade.

And so this is actually the real tipping point issue... quite clearly, LAL is just as, if not more, desperate to cleanse their roster of Deng's contract as some Hawks fans are to move on from Baze.

Thus, the theory here is that they'd relish replacing Deng with Baze, and so much so that it counterbalances any remaining affection for Clarkson.... and we, in turn, would maybe feel there's a role for Deng on our roster that eclipses what value Baze can bring given our other wing assets... and that Clarkson almost certainly works for us as a 2nd PG and occasional SG... and then, given that we actually create just a little more room (~ $2.5m) on this season's payroll... it is a reasonable consideration at least.

Can't really find much on the other guy we get. Stone did score 39 in a big ten game but there is such a small sample there. One year at Maryland and he didn't rebound so much. Big cat at a listed 255 though and really, really young so maybe some coaching makes something there. But anyway its hard to complain on receiving a first rounder no matter how late and a very young and very low salary big for a second rounder no matter how early it will be if thats all it nets us, other than cash of course. Nice job by Schlenk.

Stone averaged 12.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks in his lone season at Maryland. Named AP Big Ten Newcomer of the Year, he established the Maryland freshman record and all-time XFinity Center mark with 39 points against Penn State on December 30, 2015.[10]

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Can't really find much on the other guy we get. Stone did score 39 in a big ten game but there is such a small sample there. One year at Maryland and he didn't rebound so much. Big cat at a listed 255 though and really, really young so maybe some coaching makes something there. But anyway its hard to complain on receiving a first rounder no matter how late and a very young and very low salary big for a second rounder no matter how early it will be if thats all it nets us, other than cash of course. Nice job by Schlenk.

Stone averaged 12.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks in his lone season at Maryland. Named AP Big Ten Newcomer of the Year, he established the Maryland freshman record and all-time XFinity Center mark with 39 points against Penn State on December 30, 2015.[10]

Stone is practice fodder and G-League two contract kind of player but thats ok