• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have expressed interest in Dewayne Dedmon & Willie Reed

GameTime

Was hoping to hear those names as our targets. Nothing flashy but can play actual defense and we won't have a layup line every night.

This is why we had to buy out Crawford.  Otherwise we would have no post defenders.  We would have wasted an entire year having no chance to compete.

Even in a rebuild you have to give yourself players that hold the line for you.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Dedmon had a career high 17 MPG... Do you see him playing 25-35 minutes? Nope.

No but do think Willie Reed could play twenty five minutes or more though and for ten or possibly less per year depending on the details of the contract.

15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Dedmon had a career high 17 MPG... Do you see him playing 25-35 minutes? Nope.

Willie Reed averaged a career high 14.5 MPG on a team that missed the playoffs. How is he better?

I can see Dedmon/Reed playing 25 minutes a game on a team that has Miles Plumlee as a starter.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Willie Reed averaged a career high 14.5 MPG on a team that missed the playoffs. How is he better?

Easy, we don't have a starting center right now and Reed played behind one of the best shot blockers in the league whether Whiteside is hard to coach or not. Its better than Moose or Plumlee starting for us.  

• Like 3

• Admin

I think Reed has a higher upside then Dedmon ... on this current team I see him averaging double figures and 8 boards ...Dedmon however would be a nice rim protector and last line of defense ... happy with either ... then go get JaMychel Green

• Like 2

Wonder if we would look at Anthony Tolliver to pair with Collins at PF.  He can shoot the three and is a solid journeyman to fill in temporarily.  I think Memphis would match JaMychal Green.

Reed, Dedmon, Tolliver, and Ennis for final 4 spots.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Dedmon is more limited then Reed but provides solid defense 

Looks like the Camelo NBA player projections predict Dedmon to be more valuable than Reed.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/dewayne-dedmon/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/willie-reed/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GameTime said:

These would be 2 great pickups for our current squad coming into the year. Our whole team will be alot more athletic and exciting to watch and we will also have capable bigs that can cleanup the boards on offense and defense. We will also be alot better defensively overall. You give Bud this many young guns and new found motivation to prove himself as a coach anything can happen. Although I know there will be alot of people highly upset if we make the playoffs don't be surprised if we do if these 2 are playing on this young hungry team. The East has gotten much weaker and this may be Schlenk's way/meaning of still being contenders. 

• Like 2