• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have expressed interest in Dewayne Dedmon & Willie Reed

GameTime

2 hours ago, GameTime said:

Willie Reed averaged a career high 14.5 MPG on a team that missed the playoffs. How is he better?

I can see Dedmon/Reed playing 25 minutes a game on a team that has Miles Plumlee as a starter.

What was Demarre Caroll's minutes per game before he came over to the Hawks?

He turned into a pretty good starter for them.

• Like 4

Dedmon is one of the best rim protectors in the NBA if you go by last year. Low minute thing doesn't concern me, if your C isn't dynamic he'll get played off the floor by small lineups anyway. You need a KAT, Embiid, Boogie if you're gonna run your center for high minutes. 

• Premium Member

Right. And me, I'd like to be there when C-Viv interviews him for the first time, so that when C-Viv asks him "I'm always curious, at what point in your career did you think that this could become a reality?"

And just as Dewayne gets out the words, "Well, it goes back to when I..."

I can jump in and shout, "No no no.... don't you be tellin no tales!!!"

• Like 3

The more I see of Reed and Dedmon I start to favor Dedmon. He seems like a better defender and solid player, Reed is no slouch but Dwayne just seems to be further along.

I know it's partly to do with Dwayne being on a better team but regardless. I really wanted Reed initially but Dwayne's stats and videos have convinced me he's the better option IMO. 

Edited by GABALLA
  • Like 2

I'd like both but of the 2 we need Dedmon more. 

He'd be our starting Center alongside Collins which would make a dynamic front court duo. He provides the rim protection that Collins lacks but they both would be dogs on the glass.

We need a starting Center. I'd prefer the 6'11.5 Dedmon with his 7'4 wingspan and 62% field goal shooting and 70% FT over Reeds 6'9, 55% FG and 55% FT shooting.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I'd like both but of the 2 we need Dedmon more. 

He'd be our starting Center alongside Collins which would make a dynamic front court duo. He provides the rim protection that Collins lacks but they both would be dogs on the glass.

We need a starting Center. I'd prefer the 6'11.5 Dedmon with his 7'4 wingspan and 62% field goal shooting and 70% FT over Reeds 6'9, 55% FG and 55% FT shooting.

Good point....sign me up for dedmon walking.

Edited by JTB

I already mentioned both as young FA we should consider along with Ennis, Muhammad, McDaniels and some others...

I would gladly sign both and run a 3 man rotation at PF and C with Collins.  Reed switching between PF and C. I think both could explode here as DMC, Baze...

They key issue here is "add hungry players"

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

Don't forget Miles' brother... who, actually, gets one of the best CARMELO ratings of this free agent class, and also is 27.

Hard to get particularly picky... none of the three are likely to be here next time we go to the playoffs.

8 hours ago, JTB said:

Some of are saying we should sign both. I mean that's all well and all but we're probably only getting one if that .

We could play one at center and one at power forward.

37 minutes ago, sturt said:

Don't forget Miles' brother... who, actually, gets one of the best CARMELO ratings of this free agent class, and also is 27.

Hard to get particularly picky... none of the three are likely to be here next time we go to the playoffs.

Hope it doesn't end up being the other two Plumlee brothers, but it wouldn't shock me.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

Just read where Dedmon started over 30 games for the Spurs last year, did not know that. Only averaged 17 mins, but stats were decent. Here's the eye opener: in the 1 game he played 30 mins he put up 17/17. So he can possibly be a double/double macheen if he's our starter. Sign me up for The Ded.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Just read where Dedmon started over 30 games for the Spurs last year, did not know that. Only averaged 17 mins, but stats were decent. Here's the eye opener: in the 1 game he played 30 mins he put up 17/17. So he can possibly be a double/double macheen if he's our starter. Sign me up for The Ded.

Certainly is more physical than Reed but just the same either or both is fine with me. Don't want to end up in that place where there are no options and we just bring in a warm body.

• Like 1

Know nothing of Reed, but the little Ive seen of Dedmon I like.  Stays within his lane and focuses on the little things that make the 5 man unit function.  Pop looked to him frequently to provide toughness because Gasol and Aldridge damn sure ain't providing any.  

• Like 3