• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clear space for the Banana Boat squad?

JTB

Gettin the old heads   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did we already discuss this? I don't recall...

As many of you are probably aware 3 of the 4 members of the banana boat team will be free agents next summer in the 2018 off season including Lebron, Wade, CP3 while will be probably do his best to force his way to whatever team the possible Banana Boat team ends up on.

now I know Schlenk said we are trying to get younger but if it was at all possible & these players actually were willing to go anywhere as long as they can play together ...would you cheer for the Banana Boat squad to come to Atlanta?

imagejpeg

I'll pass... I don't see the honor even if they do win it all plus at max they would probably only give us 2 good years and we'll really be rebuilding after they depart. If we could keep Dennis, Prince, Bembry and Collins it would be tempting but also a big stunt on their immediate growth and moral. Dennis would probably pull a Kyrie after the 2nd year and just as we trade him CP would probably have a career ending injury and Wade will already be resting/coasting/injured if forced to do too much. LeBron will again feel like it's time to move on and/or get the remaining assets we have/accumulate moved out to bring in players of his choosing. Again I'll pass...

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, I frikin' LOATHE Labrawna. I'm a Jordan, Duncan, 'Nique type of fan. James is just such a bit¢h, like Kobe and Melo. Yeah he's one of the all-time greats and all, but I'd just feel dirty and nauseous cheering for him here. I couldn't :bad:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

Instead, here's the names on my Hawks wish list. And it's just that, wishful thinking. The vast majority would never even consider playing here, just the pool of players I'd love to see on a Hawks Dream Team:

Kawhi Leonard

Steph Curry

CP3

KD (tarnished)

The Brow

The Grik Frik

The Beard (never thought)

Russell Westbrook 

PG13

Klay Thompson 

Jimmy Butler

Nicola Jokić

Porzinger

• Moderators

These guys have no connection to Atlanta and we don't have the sunny beaches of Miami or LA to attract these guys to us. We maybe Hollywood South, but that just means they may want to pop in for a visit. We attract free agents like Millsap and other good talented guys, but not guys that demand the spotlight. I'm thinking more inline of a Butler-type player.

• Premium Member

If we want publicity for the team.. then I say.. Sure.. do it.   I mean, CP3, Lebron, and Wade could make us the most popular team on the court.

Really, our starting 5 projected would be:

CP3, Wade, Lebron, Collins, and Dedmon.   That's not going to win a championship, but we're going to be in the championship game if we stay healthy. 

IN the meanwhile, we have about a 2 year window before it all falls down.  I would equate that team to the Portland Trailblazers that had Pippen and Smitty and everybody. 

9 hours ago, hazer said:

To be perfectly honest, I frikin' LOATHE Labrawna.

Agreed, he successfully instigated collusion and reality tv to become an everyday part of the modern NBA. Legendary feats right there but just the same would rather those feats not be associated with our Hawks. Am imagining an East team in the finals without LeBron on it right now and it starting to look a bit more likely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

After thought and consideration, I'd be OK with at least part of this.

Bring her home:

th?id=OIP.sYfYDEKD-9iq_ZFQbkl2RAEsDx&pid

Her interviews with Olivia Harlan would be must see TV.

As for the Banana Boat Crew, you do that in a heartbeat.  Isn't that what people say generates interest in Atlanta?   Star power?   Doesn't get much more "starry" than that.

I didn't see a choice for "hell no."

I'm always Curry first, Leonard 1A, Butler 1B.  I'll put my money on Embiid being a better defensive anchor than Towns or Davis so that's my dream Big Boy.  Hopefully my 4 man is already here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

If we want publicity for the team.. then I say.. Sure.. do it.   I mean, CP3, Lebron, and Wade could make us the most popular team on the court.

Really, our starting 5 projected would be:

CP3, Wade, Lebron, Collins, and Dedmon.   That's not going to win a championship, but we're going to be in the championship game if we stay healthy. 

IN the meanwhile, we have about a 2 year window before it all falls down.  I would equate that team to the Portland Trailblazers that had Pippen and Smitty and everybody. 

That team beats everyone in the East, and would give us a puncher's chance vs any team in the West.

Paul would be the best PG in the conference.  Lebron would be the best SF in the conference.  Both guys would make Collins into a better player.  But most important, with Wade, you'd have 3 legit ball handlers on the floor, who also can pass the basketball.  A guy like Dedmon might average 8 - 10 ppg by default, 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That team beats everyone in the East, and would give us a puncher's chance vs any team in the West.

Paul would be the best PG in the conference.  Lebron would be the best SF in the conference.  Both guys would make Collins into a better player.  But most important, with Wade, you'd have 3 legit ball handlers on the floor, who also can pass the basketball.  A guy like Dedmon might average 8 - 10 ppg by default, 

All of them are old.  Even Lebron's Steroids wear off after awhile.   I predict a lot of DNPs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

All of them are old.  Even Lebron's Steroids wear off after awhile.   I predict a lot of DNPs.

Come on Diesel.  You can't have it both ways.

You can't criticize the young crew we have, knowing that they have almost no chance of winning anything, unless one of them turns into a superstar.   Then on the other hand, you have a guy who is STILL the best player ( or one of the best 3 players ) in the league, along with a top 5 PG in Paul, and a guy in Wade who still shows flashes of being a top 20 player . . . and you still don't want that?

That's literally the formula for winning a championship:  ( Hall of Fame player + All-Star/Hall of Fame player + borderline All-Star player ).

You go through just about every championship team, and you'll see that criteria being met.

When Boston went from rags to riches in 2007, Boston added 32 year old Ray Allen and 31 year old Kevin Garnett to play with 30 year old Paul Pierce.  

In this scenario, people simply need to get over their dislike for Lebron James.  If I can get over my dislike for Jamal Crawford, surely others could get over their dislike of Lebron.  When a guy like that is on your side, you roll with him, even if it's just for 2 - 3 years.

• Like 1