• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The real question is....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Do the latest moves by the Hawks suggest that we are trying to do more than Lose Competitively?

We spent 1.5 Million to let Stone go home and 1.5 More to pick up a 1 dimensional 28 year old shooter.   Is it that Bud and Co think that we have pieces that can win games?

If so, us Tank fans are going to be so PISSED... even if there's no player to tank for. 

• Like 2

They have no idea what they are doing.  Slink is shooting from the hip.  In three years he will be on the street.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Do the latest moves by the Hawks suggest that we are trying to do more than Lose Competitively?

Oh for Goodness sake "D"...we are not trying to "lose competitively"...we are Tanking Big-Time! Losing "competitively is dangerous since you may win. We have been picked by reputable sports publications as the probable worst team in the league based on talent.

Honestly - I think the NBA should do something about teams like Philly (and now us) just sucking on purpose.  If you have a team that is obviously not trying at all - they should be shut out from the top 3 picks in the next draft. 

Seriously, and it would take some Executives with Balls to administer this.  But being non-competitive on purpose takes away from the honesty of the league as far as competition.  The advent of "super-teams is the same effect on the other end.  The NFL has it right but of course they have a "hard cap" and many more players on the teams.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Oh for Goodness sake "D"...we are not trying to "lose competitively"...we are Tanking Big-Time! Losing "competitively is dangerous since you may win. We have been picked by reputable sports publications as the probable worst team in the league based on talent.

Honestly - I think the NBA should do something about teams like Philly (and now us) just sucking on purpose.  If you have a team that is obviously not trying at all - they should be shut out from the top 3 picks in the next draft. 

Seriously, and it would take some Executives with Balls to administer this.  But being non-competitive on purpose takes away from the honesty of the league as far as competition.  The advent of "super-teams is the same effect on the other end.  The NFL has it right but of course they have a "hard cap" and many more players on the teams.

I don't think we're the worst team in the league based on talent... that's Sacramento or Orlando.  I think we're one of the worst teams in the league based on Cohesion.  However, Schlenk is making moves like the last 2 that seems like he's making us fit together.   That's not going to allow us to lose competitively. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't think we're the worst team in the league based on talent... that's Sacramento or Orlando.  I think we're one of the worst teams in the league based on Cohesion.  However, Schlenk is making moves like the last 2 that seems like he's making us fit together.   That's not going to allow us to lose competitively. 

Schlenk (and the Hawks ownership) are doing something that i have never seen in professional sports.  In other sports - you take a team that was good enough to make the semi-finals, what do you do?  You try to add a player who can help and hope for the best while satisfying your fan base so they can pull for the players that got you to new heights and continue to fill the stands for many home victories.

This guy (and cheap ownership) has blown up an ECF team and broken it down to an expected last place team.  Let's be honest - if our starting five next year were to be the same starting five we had two years ago (with maybe just a minor tweak) - we would be projected to be in "at least" the top four in the Eastern Conference.  I would say top 3. 

So why break down the best team that the Atlanta Hawks has ever had - record-wise and success wise?  Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap.

Now Boston has our Center (AL) and I don't see them complaining about his salary.  Boston has money - serious money - and Big AL's contract is not a big worry for Danny Ainge.

Belkin wouldn't have done this...just saying.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Schlenk (and the Hawks ownership) are doing something that i have never seen in professional sports.  In other sports - you take a team that was good enough to make the semi-finals, what do you do?  You try to add a player who can help and hope for the best while satisfying your fan base so they can pull for the players that got you to new heights and continue to fill the stands for many home victories.

This guy (and cheap ownership) has blown up an ECF team and broken it down to an expected last place team.  Let's be honest - if our starting five next year were to be the same starting five we had two years ago (with maybe just a minor tweak) - we would be projected to be in "at least" the top four in the Eastern Conference.  I would say top 3. 

So why break down the best team that the Atlanta Hawks has ever had - record-wise and success wise?  Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap.

Now Boston has our Center (AL) and I don't see them complaining about his salary.  Boston has money - serious money - and Big AL's contract is not a big worry for Danny Ainge.

Belkin wouldn't have done this...just saying.

Add up the current salaries of those starting 5 from that 60-win ECFs team and see why it was impossible to keep that intact.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

The NFL is a owners league, the NBA is a players league. I hate to say this but the owners are more apt to get a business model right than a bunch of people who never finished college; much less run their own business.

The NFL has their fair share of problems; but putting a competitive product out is not one of them. Worse to first or worse to the playoffs is a yearly happening in a NFL Division.  That has happened once that I can recall in the NBA when Robinson was hurt for the Spurs. 

The only way to take control of the league by the owners is to have a full blown lock out; similar to what baseball endured back in 1994. Until then, the players model will never change; and the players will have control. You are not going to get a competitive product as long as the players control the league and more importantly, control where they play.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

The NFL is a owners league, the NBA is a players league. I hate to say this but the owners are more apt to get a business model right than a bunch of people who never finished college; much less run their own business.

The NFL has their fair share of problems; but putting a competitive product out is not one of them. Worse to first or worse to the playoffs is a yearly happening in a NFL Division.  That has happened once that I can recall in the NBA when Robinson was hurt for the Spurs. 

The only way to take control of the league by the owners is to have a full blown lock out; similar to what baseball endured back in 1994. Until then, the players model will never change; and the players will have control. You are not going to get a competitive product as long as the players control the league and more importantly, control where they play.

Yeah Buzz...correct-a-Mundo  :ermm:

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 10:28 PM, Diesel said:

We spent 1.5 Million to let Stone go home and 1.5 More to pick up a 1 dimensional 28 year old shooter.   Is it that Bud and Co think that we have pieces that can win games?

If so, us Tank fans are going to be so PISSED... even if there's no player to tank for. 

Get ready to be pissed lol

On 8/5/2017 at 0:25 AM, Diesel said:

Oh good.  We're only third worst talent wise.  What a relief.

This team is a bad team but it's not due to chemistry. Last year's team never fit and it didn't matter who was the point guard, it could've been John Smith at PG, it was never going to fit.

It's a bad team because there's no balance and because there isn't much in the way of veteran talent.

• Like 1

My favorite Hawks squad in years. Is this the least talented team. Yeah, clearly. Is this the worst team, probably. Is this the best big man class since Shaq, Zo and Laettner. Yes. Get Bagley and put him with Collins and contend in 2022. Amare and Hakeem frontcourt. Get Zion or Barrett next year and dominate the NBA for 10 seasons. This is the Atlanta Hawks can be. Great. I love what this team is and I am more hyped this season than any season after Nique and other than the 60 win season ECF season.

On 8/7/2017 at 3:02 PM, lburner30342 said:

I agree, And I hate the fact that some fans are cool with this ish. This is  Basketball not football plus it may back fire because the east is so trash they might get the 8th seed by default lol

The East is probably better 8-12 than last year. The drop is from 4-7. Those teams are now the bottom East teams.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:08 AM, Lurker said:

This team is a bad team but it's not due to chemistry. Last year's team never fit and it didn't matter who was the point guard, it could've been John Smith at PG, it was never going to fit.

It's a bad team because there's no balance and because there isn't much in the way of veteran talent.

This is a bad team because

A. Worst starting talent

B. Most of our starters are bench players for other teams.

C. The bench is much weaker as well.

Overall, this is a tank squad. Reminds me of 1997 Vancouver. It's an expansion squad

Edited by NBASupes