• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Michael Porter Jr. lead the Atlanta Hawks to multiple NBA titles?

NBASupes

Uhhhh, Kevin Durant already had an very developed post game and no issues with the triple threat position as a teenager. His ballhandling wasn't great but it was still better. Even young Kevin Durant is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Michael Porter Jr.

And I'm not being mean. I like Porter Jr better but I'm still not seeing any generational talent here. You know what? Here's a promise. I pay attention to a lot of things SEC, and I know that Missouri basketball has been awful, but they're trying to change that with high caliber prospects. But a change from how horrible they've been, does not happen overnight and I'm only expecting them to make a jump to NIT/borderline NCAA.

If Porter Jr really is generational type, he should be able to lead them into the NCAAT and make at least a little run which would be an AMAZING turn from what they have been lately. I care a little less about measuring by success of the team, but you are NOT generational type if you can't do something like that.

And if Missouri does do that, I will come here and chomp down on my crow and say I was wrong. But really, I don't think they will. I think they will win 18-20 games and be on the outside looking in.

Edited by Lurker

5 hours ago, Flight said:

What you're not understanding is bagley and Porter are GUARANTEED to cause mismatches due to their size, they don't even have to dwell on athleticism to get them anywhere. And both are skilled players that have even played against NBA talent and held their own. If your looking at "total bodies of work" then this is a waste of time because none of them have played in college yet and obviously being the best player in the nation in high school doesn't mean much to you. 

Can't just fall in love with size on a wingish player and predict a mismatch, we've seen enough Earl Clarks, Quincy Millers, Donte Greenes and Austin Dayes wash out barely a second after their rookie deals were up.

6 hours ago, sturt said:

Wake me up next April when we better know (a) who's actually available, and (b) where our draft slot is. Or, at best, March. I feel a little silly even having opened this thread.

Agreed, there's bound to be fluctuations on both fronts even before the year is out.

• Like 2

I don't know Supes, but I'm definitely ready for the ride. Michael Porter Jr. was my pick for the Hawks but now it will be harder to pick between him and Bagley. Nevertheless you can't lose with either one. I'd probably go with Bagley now but who knows how it will play out once the season is over. I also love Ayton, but I'm not a fan of Doncic. Let's pray our team doesn't overachieve and win too many games. These players are not finished products but I can't wait to see who improves the most by the end of the season. Bagley, Porter Jr., and Ayton in that order right now.

I'm not a fan of Doncic or Miles Bridges but those guys might improve also. 

Trust in "The Movement"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Can't just fall in love with size on a wingish player and predict a mismatch, we've seen enough Earl Clarks, Quincy Millers, Donte Greenes and Austin Dayes wash out barely a second after their rookie deals were up.

Agreed, there's bound to be fluctuations on both fronts even before the year is out.

The difference is Quincy, Donte, Earl and guys like them were never as good as Porter Jr. I watched all of them play, he's much more skilled offensively than those guys were at his age. 

My dream Draft would be Doncic or Bagley in the top 5 pick range.

Trevon Duval or Miles Bridges in the 16-20 pick range. I have no idea why Trevon is rated this low, but would love him as a back up for Dennis.

Houston pick, best center available or Troy Brown jr.

51 minutes ago, marco102 said:

My dream Draft would be Doncic or Bagley in the top 5 pick range.

Trevon Duval or Miles Bridges in the 16-20 pick range. I have no idea why Trevon is rated this low, but would love him as a back up for Dennis.

Houston pick, best center available or Troy Brown jr.

The early word on Duval at Duke is he is struggling bad at actually making shots.  He's a guy that will probably declare, but he looks to be one that really needs to stay in school and improve his overall game.  I'd be much more interested in him if he was a sophomore that showed major improvement between his freshman and sophomore years rather than a struggling freshman with the proverbial "potential" attached to his description.

I don't like Porter at all. As mentioned before he can't create any room of the dribble which wasn't a problem so far due to the lack of height of his opponents. But I'm pretty sure it'll be a hell of a lot more difficult for him in college when guys can actually block his shot. He has to show immense improvement in ball handling and his post game to be a guy that can lead a team to a title

2 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

I don't like Porter at all. As mentioned before he can't create any room of the dribble which wasn't a problem so far due to the lack of height of his opponents. But I'm pretty sure it'll be a hell of a lot more difficult for him in college when guys can actually block his shot. He has to show immense improvement in ball handling and his post game to be a guy that can lead a team to a title

Sorry to break this to you, but even in college he'll be shooting over people. 

He's a 6'10 SF, I'm not sure who you think is gonna be holding him but He's literally played against professionals and D1 players this summer in the drew league (that are stronger and more experienced) and still scored at will.

Idk where y'all questioning his handle so much is coming from. He literally brought the ball up the court for his team majority of the time and being an incredible offensive scorer is how he's earned the KD comparisons.

I'm not saying he's gonna be LeBron level but he's got crazy potential. Next to John Collins our future could be pretty scary for people. I mean Porter's high school team was a 29-0 National Champion, after being 8-13 the year before he joined them I believe. Dude could be great. 

• Like 2

vor 23 Stunden, Flight sagte:

Sorry to break this to you, but even in college he'll be shooting over people. 

He's a 6'10 SF, I'm not sure who you think is gonna be holding him but He's literally played against professionals and D1 players this summer in the drew league (that are stronger and more experienced) and still scored at will.

Idk where y'all questioning his handle so much is coming from. He literally brought the ball up the court for his team majority of the time and being an incredible offensive scorer is how he's earned the KD comparisons.

I'm not saying he's gonna be LeBron level but he's got crazy potential. Next to John Collins our future could be pretty scary for people. I mean Porter's high school team was a 29-0 National Champion, after being 8-13 the year before he joined them I believe. Dude could be great. 

Just wait and see. He'll struggle a lot more when the opposing player is 6"8 / 6"9 every game. He has to develop his game. I absolutely think he can. But at this point I don't see him being as valuable as people make him out to be

23 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Just wait and see. He'll struggle a lot more when the opposing player is 6"8 / 6"9 every game. He has to develop his game. I absolutely think he can. But at this point I don't see him being as valuable as people make him out to be

Yeah.  To be honest, I'm not sure he's better than his brother as a prospect.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I appreciate Joe for what he did in Atlanta, but if he's in the discussion for HOF, then so is Steve Smith.  Personally, I don't believe either are HOF material.

His resume is a little better than Smitty's.  No offense to Smitty but Joe has him beat just about everywhere.  I agree that neither will ever be in the HOF unless Smitty gets in as a broadcaster or something.