• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Lowe Prediction: Hawks TRY to trade Dennis and Baze

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't see us trading Dennis unless we get blown away by a deal or Dennis does something else stupid and they feel he isn't worth building around.

I am hoping Bazemore does enough this year in full on Bob Sura mode to get him flipped.

Whoever said that Dennis is worth building around.   He's mediocre at best and he will not let Collins shine or grow.  I would trade him, bring in a vet who can run the ship for a few years, and draft Collins Sexton as the Franchise Future.  Sexton and Collins in 3 yrs!!!  Dynamite.

I have my concerns about Dennis as "the man." I'm not sure he has the skills or maturity to handle it. I also don't like his style of play for helping young talent grow. We'll see how it goes, especially once losing becomes a frequent occurrence. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm all for trading Schröder.  I'd be good with Baze going too, but I wouldn't hate if he stays.  We need to see Collins, Prince, and Bremby.  Schröder takes too much away from those guys because he is focused on getting his.  Trade him to New York for scraps picked up in the Melo trade.  Porzingis/Schröder combo might work.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The Knicks don't have an idiot running their team any longer. They aren't trading Pringles for scraps.

I also disagree with ppl posting above that Dennis isn't someone you can build around. I have concerns about him but he is a 24 year old PG coming off a solid season as a first year starter. You don't just give that away.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2017 at 4:23 PM, ISOJOE said:

What about Dennis for Jabari Parker+Delly+ Bucks Top18 protected 2018 First?

Hilarious.  They're going to give us the #2 pick in the 2014 draft, Delly and a 2018 draft pick for Schröder?  Really?

Edited by Watchman

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Hilarious.  They're going to give us the #2 pick in the 2014 draft, Delly and a 2018 draft pick for Schröder?  Really?

It does seem a bit much but Jabari isn't going to be an easy guy to max.  Last season was the first decent one of his career.  Kind of the definition of a no-D, no-rebounding, high volume tweener forward.  Finally getting his 3pt shot out of the 25% range last year was a significant improvement but he is not an easy guy to shell out a ton of money for.

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Sothron said:

The Knicks don't have an idiot running their team any longer. They aren't trading Pringles for scraps.

I also disagree with ppl posting above that Dennis isn't someone you can build around. I have concerns about him but he is a 24 year old PG coming off a solid season as a first year starter. You don't just give that away.

Dennis is not a PG that you can build around.   He's a guy who disrespected the older veteran talent on the team before.   He will not think about developing the younger guys.   It's the Dennis show now.  He will put up a heap of points and will hog the ball because that's what he has always wanted.  Now.. there's nobody left to stop him. 

If we can trade him to Milwaukee for Parker or For Delly and their first.  IF we can trade him for a later first... I'd do it and target Collin Sexton or some other young PG who can be molded. 

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Diesel said:

Dennis is not a PG that you can build around.   He's a guy who disrespected the older veteran talent on the team before.   He will not think about developing the younger guys.   It's the Dennis show now.  He will put up a heap of points and will hog the ball because that's what he has always wanted.  Now.. there's nobody left to stop him. 

If we can trade him to Milwaukee for Parker or For Delly and their first.  IF we can trade him for a later first... I'd do it and target Collin Sexton or some other young PG who can be molded. 

Image result for Damn right gif

4 hours ago, Ekyo said:

oh so you approve our own comments? 
that's nice, i guess.

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Diesel has never admitted he is wrong in all his years posting here. Don't start expecting miracles. Dennis could average 20/10 and be voted All NBA and he'd still be a failure to Diesel.

He's "that" guy...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Its. An. Agenda. That. Never. Stops.

Sick of him. I know I'm saying something but I'm not taking his shtick anymore and will ignore him if he replies to this post (but not blocking).

You missed the Marvin Williams years. Although in that case I agreed with him completely.

• Premium Member

And I'm sick of a PG who has ignored every big man that he has played with.   People will cry out his age but never the fact that he's been a pro for many years and his game is not changing.  Whatever happened to BudBall??  You remember, the brand of basketball that took us to our first ECF?  It's now Dennis the Menance Ball.   Ignore me all day.. Dennis' play will speak for me!

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

And I'm sick of a PG who has ignored every big man that he has played with.   People will cry out his age but never the fact that he's been a pro for many years and his game is not changing.  Whatever happened to BudBall??  You remember, the brand of basketball that took us to our first ECF?  It's now Dennis the Menance Ball.   Ignore me all day.. Dennis' play will speak for me!

FAncy and two trades. Good coaches will adjust style of play to the players they have and try to use their stregths... not the other way around...

At least you don't have to quote yourself today ;-)

BTW. I'm looking forward to see the Hawks play again tonight. You know, having fun while watching hoops is what me makes watching it... Let's get that 2nd win!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rd79 said:

BTW. I'm looking forward to see the Hawks play again tonight. You know, having fun while watching hoops is what me makes watching it... Let's get that 2nd win!

Couldn't agree more. Dwight might have fifteen or more rebounds while playing with purpose till he gets bored or irritated but lets see which team wins that board battle in the end. Announcers will help with the drama I'm sure and lets remember that the refs don't like Dennis or Dwight so how will that actually play out. Expecting more banging around in this one so we'll see how we hold up against that. Going for our second tonight, first winning streak of the season. 

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden, Diesel sagte:

Oh my... Somebody should ban this dude, he is horrible. 

• Like 1