• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder watch

TheNorthCydeRises

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Super impressed with Dennis improved turnover rate this year. Hoping improved shooting will come.

His improvement, and learning, year over year continues. I believe that will be the case every year until he peaks in 4 years. If so, he’ll be a top 10 PG in the league at that time.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, rd79 said:

But even if his game looks improved at the moment, let's not forget he only played four games this season so far. That's a far too small sample size to start celebrating his improvements

Yep.  We need Dennis to be doing things that help you win games consistently and not just putting up empty scoring stats like an Andrew Wiggins.

57 minutes ago, rd79 said:

But even if his game looks improved at the moment, let's not forget he only played four games this season so far. That's a far too small sample size to start celebrating his improvements

To me, it's a continuation of what he was doing in the playoffs.  The only thing he's not doing now, that he did then, was shoot a decent percentage of his 3s.  It would help if he had someone else that could create for him by finding him off the ball, like Millsap and Horford did at times.

• Like 2

Well, two games became definite losses when our three point shooters were shooting blanks off of solid passes from Dennis so I would say his stats aren't so empty, its our team shooting that is empty not just his shooting. He has distributed well but everyone has to improve for it to actually matter.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but Schröder's off ball issue is a significant problem. It's in everyone's scouting report and it's not really effort, it's he doesn't even bother trying. Same thing last year.

His efficiency is fine but if he doesn't turn around the off ball issue the Hawks are as good as screwed for the next 5 years even if you think reasonable because it is indeed point guards that take a long time to grow and develop by teams.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

He won't fix that this season for sure. Too many other areas is has to (and is) focussing on. Cutting down TOs (fine so far), picking his spots to score/facilitate better and being the sole focus of a team.

It sucks to watch it, but I don't think it will get much better this year.