Schröder watch

TheNorthCydeRises

3 minutes ago, ISO said:

Yeah, Prince is steadily improving. Dennis has played a lot more controlled this season.

I disagree hardly with those who say Dennis won’t be able to play with whatever top draft pick we draft. Dennis is far more controlled and mature this season so far...he’s going to be a hawk for a long time.

• Like 4

Great job at distributing the basketball last night.  He found Baze on both of the 3s he hit down the stretch, and found Collins at the rim to tie the game at 100, when he could've easily shot a floater himself.

Don't look now, but Dennis has moved into the top 6 of PGs in the league, as far as NBA Efficiency goes.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/18/2/eff

22 ppg - 7 asst - 2.8 rebs 

48% FG - 38% 3FG - 90% FT

It's a shame that this team isn't close to .500 right now.  If they were, the entire league would be talking about the improvement that Dennis has made this season.  If he keeps up this pace, you may be looking at one of the great all-time seasons for an Atlanta Hawk PG.  Great job man!!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Great job at distributing the basketball last night.  He found Baze on both of the 3s he hit down the stretch, and found Collins at the rim to tie the game at 100, when he could've easily shot a floater himself.

Don't look now, but Dennis has moved into the top 6 of PGs in the league, as far as NBA Efficiency goes.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/18/2/eff

22 ppg - 7 asst - 2.8 rebs 

48% FG - 38% 3FG - 90% FT

It's a shame that this team isn't close to .500 right now.  If they were, the entire league would be talking about the improvement that Dennis has made this season.  If he keeps up this pace, you may be looking at one of the great all-time seasons for an Atlanta Hawk PG.  Great job man!!

All star numbers for a point guard no doubt! I hope that he keeps this up all season...or close to it. I have nothing but high confidence in lil Goldie!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Like I said last week, trading him away when he's playing like this, would force me to find a 2nd team.  If we're supposedly building for the future, and you have a guy playing like a top 5 PG, then you're not serious about a rebuild if you trade away a player like that.

Yeah, some what if ESPN article got all this trade Dennis talk going.  I just don't see the Hawks trading Dennis unless some insanely good offer came in.  He's starting to turn into the player we all dreamed he might be.   There's no other point guard his age or younger playing better than him.   Ben Simmons is not a PG in my book.  

• Like 3

I've been on Dennis's corner ever since we started him.  Some may not like some of the recklessness but I love that in my PG as long as there is more than enough efficiency to counter it.  Some won't buy it until the season is over and I understand that but I think most can admit he's figuring some things out.

• Like 4

If we get this years draft pick right, and make the right moves in free agency, we can become a contending team within a couple years, that's how highly I rate Coach Bud. Unless someone wants to overpay, there's no way we look to trade Schröder. We've got 3 pieces right now that I think could could eventually start on a contending team. If we get a bona fide SG and C, all we need is a few bench pieces and we'll be on our way.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

If we get this years draft pick right, and make the right moves in free agency, we can become a contending team within a couple years, that's how highly I rate Coach Bud. Unless someone wants to overpay, there's no way we look to trade Schröder. We've got 3 pieces right now that I think could could eventually start on a contending team. If we get a bona fide SG and C, all we need is a few bench pieces and we'll be on our way.

Ughh...  We got a frontcourt of Dedman, John, and Prince...  with Dennis as the PG and we have 2 wins... and you think that we cna be championship calibre??

Ughh...  We got a frontcourt of Dedman, John, and Prince...  with Dennis as the PG and we have 2 wins... and you think that we cna be championship calibre??

Yeah I do, in a couple years. Go draft Doncic or one of the highly touted centers, sign a good player at the other position, add a couple pieces and we're competitive again. In the East it doesn't take that much talent to be a top 4 team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Yeah I do, in a couple years. Go draft Doncic or one of the highly touted centers, sign a good player at the other position, add a couple pieces and we're competitive again. In the East it doesn't take that much talent to be a top 4 team.

Yeah that’s what schlenk is going to go for but we can’t get too ahead of ourselves. These players still have to have time to develop their skills and build chemistry on and off the court.

also we have to pay attention to how the east shakes out over the 2-4 years to really determine if we can be a top 4 seed.

last we need to do our best getting this draft pick right as you stated!....We still have major holes at SG and a future center going forward so which is more important to take care of in this years draft?

Edited by JTB

Don't think anyone thinks it all comes together next week but will say that I think that we have more pieces of our rotation to move forward with than I did at the beginning of the season. We have 48 minutes of point guard covered now with Taylor getting consistent minutes behind Dennis and hopefully he'll get all of those backup minutes now. Dorsey is a big question mark but showed something recently so could be our backup SG later. That would give us either two or three bench guys with Bembry and we definitely have three starters in Dennis, Prince and Collins moving forward. So five or six guys of our future rotation are already here. 

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Nailing our lottery pick this year is essential. You put that with Dennis, Collins and Prince and it should give even the most jaded of fans some hope for the future.

Bingo. Take Menace/Printz/Baptist, toss in a top 3 homerun pick, sprinkle on a savvy star trade or FA, simmer a bench of IT/daFro/Dorsey/Babbit/etc, and Schlenkholzer is cooking up some Finals appearances.

• Like 3