• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder watch

TheNorthCydeRises

On 12/2/2017 at 8:44 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Proper compensation . . . as in . . . ?

I’m no good with the salary matches and what have you but Dennis is worth a promising young guard who needs coaching up (Jamal Murray, Clarkson types) and a First Round pick around 10-14.

Edited by benhillboy

Package him with filler and get a Devin Booker.  All I’m saying is I know teams are calling with considerable offers.  Problem is I like Dennis’ contract a little more than his game.  A player of his defensive caliber starting just doesn’t jibe with me, never has.  Him coming off the bench was one of the best fits in the league.  Him staring now is borne out of nothing but his great endurance and offensive competitiveness and unfortunate front office events.

Edited by benhillboy

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m no good with the salary matches and what have you but Dennis is worth a promising young guard who needs coaching up (Jamal Murray, Clarkson types) and a First Round pick around 10-14.

Really?  You think that's all Dennis is worth?  A volume shooting guard and a late lottery pick?  Guys like Murray and Clarkson aren't getting much better than they are right now.  And a late lottery pick can be a star or a bust.  No way you trade a borderline All-Star like Schröder, for that.

If the 2013 draft was re-done, Schröder goes #5 behind Giannis, McCollum, Olidipo, and Gobert.

Dennis isn't going to be worth more than that...I actually think he wouldn't be worth that at all around the NBA, has nothing to do with how he plays, and a lot more with a lot of NBA teams do not like him and his arrest. 

So basically...he's going to be an Atlanta Hawk through this year and maybe the next whether we want him to be or not, so if you hate how he plays, might as well suck it up and deal with it, and I know people do.

Edited by Lurker

Package him with filler and get a Devin Booker.  All I’m saying is I know teams are calling with considerable offers.  Problem is I like Dennis’ contract a little more than his game.  A player of his defensive caliber starting just doesn’t jibe with me, never has.  Him coming off the bench was one of the best fits in the league.  Him staring now is borne out of nothing but his great endurance and offensive competitiveness and unfortunate front office events.

Have things changed, or isn't Devin Booker one of the worst defenders in the NBA? Defense at PG really doesn't matter too much with pick & rolls being so effective.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Really?  You think that's all Dennis is worth?  A volume shooting guard and a late lottery pick?  Guys like Murray and Clarkson aren't getting much better than they are right now.  And a late lottery pick can be a star or a bust.  No way you trade a borderline All-Star like Schröder, for that.

If the 2013 draft was re-done, Schröder goes #5 behind Giannis, McCollum, Olidipo, and Gobert.

Not so sure about 5th given there are people that would place greater value on guys like Otto Porter, CJ McCollom and Steven Adams.  Certainly top 10 though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Not so sure about 5th given there are people that would place greater value on guys like Otto Porter, CJ McCollom and Steven Adams.  Certainly top 10 though.

It's exactly the four mentioned at first + Otto Porter and Steven Adams.
Current ReDrafts have Dennis at 7

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Devin Booker isn't a better player. I don't understand why people think he's that good. Volume shooters get overrated quickly. He hasn't shown anything worth trading for yet.

Booker is still young enough and enough of a scorer that I bet there are a fair number of NBA GMs that would trade Dennis straight up for Booker.  That said, it is tough to really evaluate either player given how poor their respective teams are.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lurker said:

Dennis isn't going to be worth more than that...I actually think he wouldn't be worth that at all around the NBA, has nothing to do with how he plays, and a lot more with a lot of NBA teams do not like him and his arrest. 

So basically...he's going to be an Atlanta Hawk through this year and maybe the next whether we want him to be or not, so if you hate how he plays, might as well suck it up and deal with it, and I know people do.

So one misdemeanor arrest and now NBA’s teams want nothing to do with him?

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden, Packfill sagte:

Booker is still young enough and enough of a scorer that I bet there are a fair number of NBA GMs that would trade Dennis straight up for Booker.  That said, it is tough to really evaluate either player given how poor their respective teams are.  

You're right. Out of the Hawks perspective I'd say it's not tradeworthy.