• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who the hell are we supposedly tanking for?

Wurider05

Honestly with the top 4 or 5 players being all worthy of the #1 pick i say if we get the #1 pick and could use or be happy with any of them.  Then trade down with someone who really wants or need one of the guys specifically for their team.  Then just take one of the guys left over since their all still top tier elite prospects while adding the extra draft picks or good player/prospect from the trade down.   Were more than 1 year away probably so why not keep building assets while taking good players.

• Like 2

IM PROBABLY REPEATING MYSELF BUT AGAIN & AGAIN....

This team is in such a damn hole as far as needs! We need too much and I’m torn between Doncic and Ayton if we had the opportunity to add one of them cause both honestly fills a need and in my opinion the needs that both these players fill are on the same level neither is greater than the other.

in my opinion those two will be best players in this draft among all players once it’s draft time for the hawks and I’m hoping we get that number 1 pick and make the right decision.

But allow me to explain my feelings here:

1. we NEED a playmaker to pair with Dennis! Hands down no questions about it and Doncic isn’t just good but a perfect fit in this area. This dude just gets it at a very young age ! Not to mention he’s a 6’8 gifted passer with very good shooting and range AND a nice step back jumper that I can see being his “go to move” in the NBA.

2. we NEED a big to pair with Collins and while Collins has shown much promise, a center like Deandre Ayton is no typical big and not one you just past over. Ayton is gifted around the goal, very strong rebounder, and has very good shooting mechanics. He also has that true center size and is very well built. Many already believe he will come in and dominate his rookie year like Karl Anthony towns and honestly if you watch him it’s not hard to see.

Hard to say what the best move would be:

-we definitely dont need to go into next season with just ONE player on the team who can handle the ball and be solely responsible as the only one who can legitimately set up this  team.

-and we definitely can’t overlook a highly potential all star PF/C pairing in Collins and Ayton if given the opportunity.

.....personally for me this will come down to whose the better scorer and right now I very slightly would take Ayton over Doncic if given the opportunity to do so. Whoever we draft need to be able to take over games and drop damn points when we need them and Ayton is more suited to do that than Doncic just based on a player tendency. Doncic is more of passer in such situation where he’s just looking to make the right play ....which is great but I like the type that says “give me the damn ball” so we can go win this game when comes down to the end and in my opinion that’s pretty much Ayton.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 3

Ayton remains my top prospect in this draft. The prospect of having two bigs who can average 20-10 a night is too enticing to pass up. Both Collins and Ayton would obviously need to improve on their shooting and defense, but they could both become stars very quickly. If we drafted Ayton, I think we'd be a starting SG away from being back in the playoffs the following season. We'd go back to having one of the best bench units in the league with a starting lineup potentially averaging 70-80 points a game.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AHF said:

Just hoping we have the option to draft one of them.  Having to choose would be a welcome problem.

Good way to look at it....wish there was a way we could get two of the top 5 players in this draft all while holding on to Dennis.

Just now, nathan2331 said:

Ayton remains my top prospect in this draft. The prospect of having two bigs who can average 20-10 a night is too enticing to pass up. Both Collins and Ayton would obviously need to improve on their shooting and defense, but they could both become stars very quickly. If we drafted Ayton, I think we'd be a starting SG away from being back in the playoffs the following season. We'd go back to having one of the best bench units in the league with a starting lineup potentially averaging 70-80 points a game.

Agree. I really like Doncic a lot and I believe he’s going to be good but you hit the nail on the head...Collins and Ayton has a real possibility of being a all star pf/center combo for years to come. Ayton is just the complete package in my eyes for a center and I believe he has that “it” factor we’ve been needing so long.

• Like 3

Good way to look at it....wish there was a way we could get two of the top 5 players in this draft all while holding on to Dennis.

The only possible way I can imagine that happening is if Cleveland gets desperate to appease Lebron and they move their Brooklyn pick and somehow Bellinelli + Babbitt or Dedmon is best return they can get.

• Premium Member
On 12/27/2017 at 5:50 AM, JTB said:

IM PROBABLY REPEATING MYSELF BUT AGAIN & AGAIN....

This team is in such a damn hole as far as needs! We need too much and I’m torn between Doncic and Ayton if we had the opportunity to add one of them cause both honestly fills a need and in my opinion the needs that both these players fill are on the same level neither is greater than the other.

in my opinion those two will be best players in this draft among all players once it’s draft time for the hawks and I’m hoping we get that number 1 pick and make the right decision.

But allow me to explain my feelings here:

1. we NEED a playmaker to pair with Dennis! Hands down no questions about it and Doncic isn’t just good but a perfect fit in this area. This dude just gets it at a very young age ! Not to mention he’s a 6’8 gifted passer with very good shooting and range AND a nice step back jumper that I can see being his “go to move” in the NBA.

2. we NEED a big to pair with Collins and while Collins has shown much promise, a center like Deandre Ayton is no typical big and not one you just past over. Ayton is gifted around the goal, very strong rebounder, and has very good shooting mechanics. He also has that true center size and is very well built. Many already believe he will come in and dominate his rookie year like Karl Anthony towns and honestly if you watch him it’s not hard to see.

Hard to say what the best move would be:

-we definitely dont need to go into next season with just ONE player on the team who can handle the ball and be solely responsible as the only one who can legitimately set up this  team.

-and we definitely can’t overlook a highly potential all star PF/C pairing in Collins and Ayton if given the opportunity.

.....personally for me this will come down to whose the better scorer and right now I very slightly would take Ayton over Doncic if given the opportunity to do so. Whoever we draft need to be able to take over games and drop damn points when we need them and Ayton is more suited to do that than Doncic just based on a player tendency. Doncic is more of passer in such situation where he’s just looking to make the right play ....which is great but I like the type that says “give me the damn ball” so we can go win this game when comes down to the end and in my opinion that’s pretty much Ayton.

Ayton would not be on the court for Bud, doesnt fit Buds style of play.  

• Premium Member
On 11/3/2017 at 8:17 PM, noble said:

So basically the same ol same ol since I have been a fan. No championship? Okay, been through that. I've waited 20 years for the Hawks to be relevant again, I can wait longer while we try to get a Superstar.

Try 40 years

He's pretty much the perfect Bud center on paper. He's comfortable shooting jumpers, though he's not good at it, and has mobile feet. Poor defender, but has the tools to be great on that end. Dominant rebounder in college, and you'd expect that to translate.
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Explain how he doesn’t fit buds style of play?...are you saying this cause Howard didn’t work out?  Hope not but If so that’s not a good legitimate reason and I rather not take the time to list all the reasons why lol.

But anyways Ayton has great tools at damn near every thing you can ask for out of a big man. So I don’t see how he doesn’t fit buds style of play.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Try 40 years

We were relevant when we had Nique and just about every game was on TBS. But yeah, I get what you are saying. Been a fan over 30 years myself.

31 minutes ago, JTB said:

Explain how he doesn’t fit buds style of play?...are you saying this cause Howard didn’t work out?  Hope not but If so that’s not a good legitimate reason and I rather not take the time to list all the reasons why lol.

But anyways Ayton has great tools at damn near every thing you can ask for out of a big man. So I don’t see how he doesn’t fit buds style of play.

He might got every tool but Bamba is a better fit in our system. Ayton will have to move off of the ball a lot. That said, Ayton will likely be better than Dedmon but just because he's not Dwight doesn't mean he's a good fit. Bamba is the best fit. Then Luka. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He might got every tool but Bamba is a better fit in our system. Ayton will have to move off of the ball a lot. That said, Ayton will likely be better than Dedmon but just because he's not Dwight doesn't mean he's a good fit. Bamba is the best fit. Then Luka. 

we can’t and shouldn’t draft bamba. Sorry I understand he probably has many intangibles like your guy horford  but we need a scorer/takeover guy. We need a special offensive player if we’re truly talking about winning.

bamba ain’t that guy in my opinion.

Back to ayton... I don’t see how a do it all center can’t be a good fit for bud.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, JTB said:

we can’t and shouldn’t draft bamba. Sorry I understand he probably has many intangibles like your guy horford  but we need a scorer/takeover guy. We need a special offensive player if we’re truly talking about winning.

Back to ayton... I don’t see how a do it all center can’t be a good fit for bud.

Reading over my own post it sounds like I’m bashing bamba but the truth is .....knowing his offensive game is going to be a project for any team and I guess me being a fan I’m not looking forward to waiting on a top draft picks offense to develop.

Ayton and Doncic have offensive games I see carrying over to the nba at the very start of their careers.

8 hours ago, JTB said:

We could and should, just not over Ayton. 

Bamba might not be what Doncic, Bagley, Ayton or Porter Jr is on offense but he can be good. 

• Like 2