• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who the hell are we supposedly tanking for?

Wurider05

Ayton and Bamba would be the best fits, starting Center for a team that already have good prospects at PG, SF and PF.

Doncic probably would be the player that would make Hawks the better team, Dennis, Doncic, Prince and Collins lineup is a pretty damn good one.

Porter and Bagley probably are the ones with more superstar potential but we already have prospects there with Prince and Collins.

I would be happy with any of them.

And a backup PG please!!!

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Ayton and Bamba would be the best fits, starting Center for a team that already have good prospects at PG, SF and PF.

Doncic probably would be the player that would make Hawks the better team, Dennis, Doncic, Prince and Collins lineup is a pretty damn good one.

Porter and Bagley probably are the ones with more superstar potential but we already have prospects there with Prince and Collins.

I would be happy with any of them.

And a backup PG please!!!

Right ...I just don’t think we should base anything off of what we already have. We need to just get the best player available regardless of position 

9 hours ago, JTB said:

Hmmm maybe you’re right but I’d still roll with Porters height, length, shooting & scoring abilities and Bagley’s superior athleticism over Luka. Luka is good and I wouldn’t mind having him but I don’t see the elite all around skills you’re seeing.

Porter has height, and that's about it.  He's not that long.  His wing span is likely going to be close to his height.  Also, for all the talk about his shooting, he was a 34% three point shooter in the EYBL league.  That doesn't scream elite shooter at all.  When you combine that with the fact that he cannot take anyone off the dribble because he lacks the first step and the ball handling ability, I'm not sure where you get this idea that his scoring abilities are great.  

I'm not a kool-aid drinker.  I'm not going to buy into a prospect because some shoe company is pushing his name and is using certain scouting services to hype the prospect up.  I prefer to see these players with my own eyes, and Michael Porter JR, more than any other player in this draft, does not pass the eye test.

Luka Doncic is so much more advanced as a player than Michael Porter Jr.  He has a better first step, better ball handling ability, much better passer, better defender, and I think he's a better overall shooter as well.  Where Porter tends to just run into the man defending him, Doncic has the ability to create space with his feet, in particular his eurostep.  

19 hours ago, KB21 said:

Porter has height, and that's about it.  He's not that long.  His wing span is likely going to be close to his height.  Also, for all the talk about his shooting, he was a 34% three point shooter in the EYBL league.  That doesn't scream elite shooter at all.  When you combine that with the fact that he cannot take anyone off the dribble because he lacks the first step and the ball handling ability, I'm not sure where you get this idea that his scoring abilities are great.  

I'm not a kool-aid drinker.  I'm not going to buy into a prospect because some shoe company is pushing his name and is using certain scouting services to hype the prospect up.  I prefer to see these players with my own eyes, and Michael Porter JR, more than any other player in this draft, does not pass the eye test.

Luka Doncic is so much more advanced as a player than Michael Porter Jr.  He has a better first step, better ball handling ability, much better passer, better defender, and I think he's a better overall shooter as well.  Where Porter tends to just run into the man defending him, Doncic has the ability to create space with his feet, in particular his eurostep.  

Well I’m sure you’re going to get your wish of getting Luka. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s buds number 1 player he’d prefer in this draft class ....just seems like a bud kind of guy. Not sure about Schlenk or what a Schlenk kind of guy is but I’m definitely bout damn sure bud is higher on Luka than any other prospect (of course it’s an opinion lol but it’s a very good gut feeling I have...I don’t need to hear him say it publicly).

On Porter:

porter has some flaws just like all these prospects but recently his measurables have been better especially his wingspan 7’0 & 7’1 (atleast according to http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Michael-Porter-83153/ )...He certainly has to prove all his potential especially his scoring ability that’s hyping him up and I think he will this season. Schlenk and the hawks definitely have a tough choice to make if the number 1 pick from the lottery falls in our lap.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:06 PM, Guard said:

I have no doubt Luka is going to be a good NBA player despite his questionable athleticism. I'm just not seeing a star player which is what this franchise desperately needs. 

If by the end of the college season, we end up with a class with no potential superstars, I'd be fine with Doncic. 

I think that’s what it is with him Luka I’m not high on! It’s not his skills , I believe skill wise he will transfer over to the nba just fine but it’s his athleticism that’s probably keeping him out of the #1 or #2 spot on most draft boards.

You can’t improve athleticism that’s just God given abilities in my opinion but you can improve your skill set which is why I’m higher on Porter and Bagley. Porter is athletic enough, Bagley just blows you away with his athleticism.

all in all I wouldn’t be mad if we got Luka but I just don’t see a high ceiling with him. All I see is good player not someone with great potential that could take us to that next level but HEY I definitely could be wrong about the guy! Just giving my 2 cents on what I see.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think that’s what it is with him Luka I’m not high on! It’s not his skills , I believe skill wise he will transfer over to the nba just fine but it’s his athleticism that’s probably keeping him out of the #1 or #2 spot on most draft boards.

You can’t improve athleticism that’s just God given abilities in my opinion but you can improve your skill set which is why I’m higher on Porter and Bagley. Porter is athletic enough, Bagley just blows you away with his athleticism.

all in all I wouldn’t be mad if we got Luka but I just don’t see a high ceiling with him. All I see is good player not someone with great potential that could take us to that next level but HEY I definitely could be wrong about the guy! Just giving my 2 cents on what I see.

I will say this about Doncic that I like over the other prospects...he’s certainly a better playmaker, passer, & ball handler than Bagley and Collins. And we need another ball handler by Dennis badly!

I just with his athleticism was better but hey he is 6’8 so again I wouldn’t be mad if we got Doncic! 

We just need so much on this team! I wish 2 or 3 these prospects just had it all but no one is perfect.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Draft Express is not used anymore. Their guys were picked off by ESPN.

Didn’t know that.

Just now, NBASupes said:

We need to stick with this solid rebuild plan. We have a good number of vets who play the right way. We just need to add young exceptional talent to the fray. 

This blatant tanking is all for naught if it doesn't end with the team getting Luka Doncic.  If you don't get Doncic, then you have tanked for nothing.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

This blatant tanking is all for naught if it doesn't end with the team getting Luka Doncic.  If you don't get Doncic, then you have tanked for nothing.

LOL, hell naw. Now if we don't get Ayton, Bagley, Porter Jr. or Bamba, then I agree. Doncic, I like him but I am questioning it. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LOL, hell naw. Now if we don't get Ayton, Bagley, Porter Jr. or Bamba, then I agree. Doncic, I like him but I am questioning it. 

You're a Kool-Aid drinker.  I get it.  It's the only reason one would even remotely think those are better prospects than Doncic when Doncic is BY FAR the better prospect.

9 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Let's see what Bembry brings to the table first. If he shows us he can be our future 2 guard than I'd rather go for a frontcourt partner for Collins 

Bembry is a far cry from Doncic as far as ability.  Doncic is currently averaging over 24 PPG on 65% shooting (43% from behind the arc and 88% from the FT line) along with around 7 rebounds and 4 assists per game.  This guy is 18 years old in the top European League, playing against aged veterans of that league.  

37 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You're a Kool-Aid drinker.  I get it.  It's the only reason one would even remotely think those are better prospects than Doncic when Doncic is BY FAR the better prospect.

The only Kool-Aid drinker I see is you. You are also a proud owner of rose-colored glasses. 

50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bembry is a far cry from Doncic as far as ability.  Doncic is currently averaging over 24 PPG on 65% shooting (43% from behind the arc and 88% from the FT line) along with around 7 rebounds and 4 assists per game.  This guy is 18 years old in the top European League, playing against aged veterans of that league.  

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The only Kool-Aid drinker I see is you. You are also a proud owner of rose-colored glasses. 

Not to bud into the argument but whoever we draft I just hope he turns into a stud superstar 

vor einer Stunde, KB21 sagte:

Thats straight up nonsense. Let me sum up what you just said:

A player who never played a game of nba basketball is by far better than a player who was limited due to injuries so far this season but showed glimpses of a high ceiling player. 

Yeah that comparison makes no sense. Let's wait what Bembry turns out to be. If he is the player he seems to be we don't need another 2. 

On another note KB there's a guy on our roster right now, he's a guard as Doncic is. He had great numbers in Europe for years. Guess what. His name is Delaney and he sucks.

Don't jump to conclusions so quick.

We can have the same talk in the end of the season. Then it makes sense

1 minute ago, StephenHawking said:

Thats straight up nonsense. Let me sum up what you just said:

A player who never played a game of nba basketball is by far better than a player who was limited due to injuries so far this season but showed glimpses of a high ceiling player. 

Yeah that comparison makes no sense. Let's wait what Bembry turns out to be. If he is the player he seems to be we don't need another 2. 

On another note KB there's a guy on our roster right now, he's a guard as Doncic is. He had great numbers in Europe for years. Guess what. His name is Delaney and he sucks.

Don't jump to conclusions so quick.

We can have the same talk in the end of the season. Then it makes sense

You actually think Delaney's performance in Europe in anyway equals what Doncic has done at his age?  There hasn't been a European player this good since Drazen Petrovic.  

If Bembry is your starting shooting guard, then you will have a very limited offense that is devoid of pure shooters.

vor 21 Minuten, DBac sagte:

Bembry can play alongside whoever we draft whether that's Doncic, Porter, Ayton, Bagley... he can initiate and is pretty good off the ball, even though he's not a 3 point shooter he is excellent at cutting to the rim for layups.

I'm talking of a building block of Schröder Bembry Prince and Collins. Thats why I said if Bembry turns out to be the future 2 guard you won't need Doncic because every backcourt position is filled with a future starter already.

And Doncic does not seem like a can't miss prospect considering there are a couple of great players in this years draft

3 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Doncic seems to be great don't get me wrong. I simply don't think he's that much better than the other top notch guys

Doncic is the only elite prospect that will be in this draft.  None of the other guys are elite, unless you think Harrison Barnes, I mean Michael Porter Jr, is elite.

20 hours ago, KB21 said:

Doncic is the only elite prospect that will be in this draft.  None of the other guys are elite, unless you think Harrison Barnes, I mean Michael Porter Jr, is elite.

You're :no: if you think Porter Jr. potential is Harrison Barnes. 

• Like 1