• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk.. Would you do this trade?

Diesel

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If it came down to trading one of them, Father aside... Who do you think that the Lakers would get rid of?

I need to watch it play out just like every other situation. Like I feel like they gave up on Russell too early...who knows, especially considering the dad situation and I watched him get fed up and split up from UCLA, he might do the same with the Los Angeles Lakers and the Lakers might get thoroughly sick of him and trade Lonzo due to it.

I'm not kidding. Unlike college, the pros don't play. LaVar needs to keep his mouth zipped.

• Moderators
On 12/15/2017 at 5:28 PM, Lurker said:

but you've drowned in complete delusion if you think what he can do in college is repeatable.

I don't know.  I could see him getting completely owned in a matchup with De'Aaron Fox.

I gotta admit, he is coming close to putting up similar numbers to UCLA very recently (shooting at least) however wins.... ?????

That's the thing. I think Lonzo Ball is eventually a good NBA player but he doesn't become transformative with his passing like in his UCLA days...like I've been talking about.

Edited by Lurker

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 12/13/2017 at 0:50 PM, Diesel said:

Schröder/Belinelli to LAL for Lonzo Ball and Loul Deng.

The talk of the day has been Lavar Ball.   For all of his shinanigans, his son is a good player maybe a franchise player.   However, Lakernation may not be willing to put up with Lavar.  So here's the deal:

We give them a good Gaurd in Schröder and an ending contract and we take Lavar Ball's Son and Loul Deng's bad deal. 

The real question here:

For all the trouble that Lavar brings, do you think that we could fluorish with Lonzo running the show?

Repost!

• Admin
7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Repost!

1. The Lakers are trying to lose salary not take on more with Dennis

2. Ball isn't that great and I wouldn't want that headache known as Lavar being involved with the Hawks

3. Deng's salary is terrible and this trade is really terrible for us

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

1. The Lakers are trying to lose salary not take on more with Dennis

2. Ball isn't that great and I wouldn't want that headache known as Lavar being involved with the Hawks

3. Deng's salary is terrible and this trade is really terrible for us

??  You don't consider getting out of Deng's contract losing salary?

Dennis is the volume scoring PG that they want.

This trade would set us back years. I know you don't like Schröder's game, but he's at least a quality contributor to the team. Lonzo I think would be garbage in a team with even less options than the Lakers. And Deng isn't going to offer much either.

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No because they are replacing it with Dennis’

we Really lose in this deal and room is not opened up for them to get George/bron

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, capstone21 said:

No because they are replacing it with Dennis’

we Really lose in this deal and room is not opened up for them to get George/bron

No..  We don't lose.   Maybe they won't do it, but we won't lose.   The PG that Ball will be trumps that that Dennis is going to be.   The only thing is that Ball comes with Daddy Ball. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No..  We don't lose.   Maybe they won't do it, but we won't lose.   The PG that Ball will be trumps that that Dennis is going to be.   The only thing is that Ball comes with Daddy Ball. 

I think Ball may be very good as well and do like the team control aspect.  Daddy Ball is a big negative.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I think Ball may be very good as well and do like the team control aspect.  Daddy Ball is a big negative.

I think as Lonzo becomes a man, he will have to tell his daddy to focus on the others.  Which to me feels like the place where we can do a deal for him now and watch Lonzo lean that way later.   So I don't see Daddy Ball as that big of an issue in comparison to Lonzo's future.  However, the Lakers got rid of their last PG because he had personal issues.   If they see Daddy Ball as a Personal Issue, they may get rid of Lonzo.  I would be willing to offer Dennis and one of our first for Ball.   SO I guess it's Dennis/Belli(or a ending contract)/First (not top) for Ball and Deng. 

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, DS5 said:

So now we want to get rid of Dennis in favor of Ball? Wow. And get Deng in the process? Haha. Oh wait, we also give them a pick? OK.... 

If you don't believe in the ability of Ball then you would have a point.   However, Ball is a rookie and he's already close to being a walking triple double, his defense is really good (as a rookie), and he has leadership.    He's a rookie and he's already far more mature than Dennis.  His Defense and Passing will be his calling card.   About Deng... we're rebuilding.   We have a few years to get to where we're going and he's still a vet presence. 

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Lakers are trying to shed salary ... this does not do that

It gives them an immediate 6 Million dollars.  This move solidifies their PG position.  With Lopez, Pope, and Brewer coming off the books, I think they'd be happy about getting rid of Deng who nobody wants and getting a PG who can play well into the future.  As they build, they have to give free agents something to look forward to.    George, Ingram, Clarkston, and Dennis is formidable.